Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:40 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 10:40 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
You have to understand the context within military families. I have a son who is active and served in the Iraq war and a grandson who is going into the Marines. Do I support the military? Yes. Am I proud of people who voluntarily serve? Absolutely. Do I despise cowardly politicians who don't know one end of a gun from another and who would never dream of serving their country but send people into harms way without a thought? Damn straight!
Exactly! I am very proud of my brother and he is my role model.

I have MANY combat friends, dated many too. (I have a thing for military guys)

But do I hate war? Absolutely!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, which statement implied that?
This one.

Quote:
I especially hate those who say they support the troops, but will NEVER join the military themselves.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Key words: WELL REGULATED

Adam Lanza should not be given the privilege of owning firearms. Really common sense stuff.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:46 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times
Quote:
Even in Dodge City, you had to check your guns with the sheriff when you came to town. All rights have limitations.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:49 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Even in Dodge City, you had to check your guns with the sheriff when you came to town. All rights have limitations.
And yet the far left sees no reason to put limits on abortion. Funny how the rights of gun owners need to be limited.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I think a handgun is a very difficult of a firearm to shoot well, there is less to hang on to. without practice, I wonder how can ANYBODY use a handgun as a weapon to defend him or herself.

That being said, I have a friend who supports war, who owns several guns, who is also a 45 year old single man (perhaps a virgin too). He believes that owning all these guns without skills will keep him safe. He is a good guy with multiple guns, I don't think he should own any. He has no kids, but has no problems sending other people's brothers to war, I found it disgusting.

A good guy with skills should have no problems. Let's not pretend every idiot out there should be owning a gun.
Quote:
This one.
well, If you wanted to quote me, quote the whole thing. I stand behind my words, and always will.

yes, I especially hate those who say they are pro military, but will never JOIN the military themselves, will never send their own children to the military. Yet, have no problems sending OTHER people's sons and brothers to war.

If you have problems with that, I don't know what to tell ya.

Adam lanza should not be owning a gun. back to the topic. shrug.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:52 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Here we have yet another thread that shows us all that liberals and insanity go hand in hand.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
well, did you serve? You like Iraq war? is it what you are saying?
No, I didn't serve.

Why don't you read my posts about the troops and war? I've posted my views many times on CD.

I'll summarize them.

We should have never gone into Iraq or Afghanistan.

We should not be the world police.

We should only go to war or send troops when there is a direct threat against us.

We need to close all of our foreign bases and bring all of our troops home.

You can decide if you feel I support our troops or not, but I believe I do. I feel my desire to not have them risk life and limb for political posturing and exporting our way of life is supporting the troops. I feel that each time I thank them for their service is supporting them. I feel that when I give to organizations that help them, I am supporting them. I feel that the times I've had donations drives at work and sent care packages, I was supporting them. I feel that whenever I correspond to an elected official that I state we need our troops home instead destroying them overseas, I am supporting them.

If you believe I can only support them if I've served, then I think it's only fair to ask if you support them and have served.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
And yet the far left sees no reason to put limits on abortion. Funny how the rights of gun owners need to be limited.
Abortion has many limits, but you are in violation of the site rule about hijacking a thread. Stay on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies