Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times

Advertisements

Competitive, strong, aggresive are NOT masculine traits!!!!
They are HUMAN traits...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

She just PROVED that by saying she has those traits, she is NOT borrowing them from men!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,474,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Competitive, strong, aggresive are NOT masculine traits!!!!
Competitive is, aggressive and strong are not necessarily. I think strong can be applied to both, because "strength" can manifest itself in many different ways - emotional, physical, intellectual, etc.

Quote:
They are HUMAN traits...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
No, they are not, they extend far outside of our species.

Quote:
She just PROVED that by saying she has those traits, she is NOT borrowing them from men!
All she proved was that she is a normal human being, who shares a blend of both masculine and feminine traits.

Masculine does not mean "Limited only to men," and feminine does not mean "limited only to women." If this were the case, the phrase "feminization of men" would be self-contradictory, and this thread wouldn't be 25 pages long.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
If something is "masculine" it is weak in some areas, and strong in others. If something is "feminine" it is weak in some areas, and strong in others.

I don't think anyone is saying that one is better/worse or weaker/stronger than the other.

I do think a few posts were saying that and many people in life definetly say that. My main point is we all have the same traits to varying degrees but masculine and feminine are often used interchangably with man and woman. The is huge variation in how people define these terms so it creates a problem. Women may be more likely to show cooperation and men may be more likely to show aggression, but we all have both qualities and each individual is different in their complete make up. If a girl and a boy are socialized out of their aggression, they both are not allowed to express a part of themselves

I would call him feminized. I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm a male, I share the same traits, and I'm feminized too. These are traits that are necessary for men to cohabit with women, and form stable families.

I don't call him feminized, he is just more in touch with a side all men posses but tend to not express as freely.

I consider those masculine traits. Traits that are necessary for you to survive in a world which is partially populated by men.
Same answer, it's just me with all my human triats. Okay animal traits.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:28 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Anonymous and I are actually in agreement. Our only argument seems to be semantics.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
Anonymous and I are actually in agreement. Our only argument seems to be semantics.
Same here!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
TnHilltopper, your post reminded me of this article below that was posted on another thread!! LOL

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
if my husbabd read this to me he'd be having a prostate exam wayyy earlier than 50 years old. Not ONE of these suggestions would fly two feet in my house! Bah!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I did not read that ad before. after reading it I am insulted that, as a man, would be considered to be such an insecure baby that I needed all that coddling.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
if my husbabd read this to me he'd be having a prostate exam wayyy earlier than 50 years old. Not ONE of these suggestions would fly two feet in my house! Bah!!!
Well, I sincerely enjoy ensuring my husband's comfort, it really does bring me immsense satisfaction. Likewise, he strives for my comfort as well.

I think the main difference from that article in 1955 to today in most households is reciprocity; most households have both parents working and both now share with the duties of the house and the children.

My husband will occasionally joke around and say "where's my dinner and why is the house a mess?" when he gets home. My response "when I can stop working and stay at home you'll get your dinner and the house will be clean."

Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I did not read that ad before. after reading it I am insulted that, as a man, would be considered to be such an insecure baby that I needed all that coddling.
It's a well known fact (by women) that men are just large children

Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Well, I sincerely enjoy ensuring my husband's comfort, it really does bring me immsense satisfaction. Likewise, he strives for my comfort as well.

I think the main difference from that article in 1955 to today in most households is reciprocity; most households have both parents working and both now share with the duties of the house and the children.

My husband will occasionally joke around and say "where's my dinner and why is the house a mess?" when he gets home. My response "when I can stop working and stay at home you'll get your dinner and the house will be clean."
Thank you for reminding us that some women retain a sense of humor and proportion in their marriage. That so few do is attested to by our astronomical rates of divorce and domestic violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies