Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 AM

716 posts, read 1,119,721 times

Advertisements

I don't think appearances are what's most important in being a real man. It's more about actions and behavior. For example, a deadbeat dad isn't a real man, no matter how tough they look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
I don't think appearances are what's most important in being a real man. It's more about actions and behavior. For example, a deadbeat dad isn't a real man, no matter how tough they look.
I would take it a step farther. an absent father. even one that "pays" isnt a real man.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 AM

716 posts, read 1,119,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I would take it a step farther. an absent father. even one that "pays" isnt a real man.
Well, some people get screwed by a divorce court and lose custody, but they still try to stay involved. If you mean fathers that just pay the check but otherwise ignore the kids, I agree.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 AM

50 posts, read 77,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Has anyone noticed that hippies, homosexuals, bunny huggers, and tree huggers are trying to feminize men? Its all the gay tv shows they have and all the hair care and skin care products for men. There is a school that is making boys wear womens clothes they are calling it "history of women's fashion"
Misery loves company. People like to associate with those who are like themselves. An effeminate man will not want to socialize with an Alpha male.

So you have to ask yourself, where do you find these feminized men. Quite frankly, posting on city-data is certainly not the place to make a stand.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yup, there's no such thing as generalizations, like I'm sure most women don't like shopping and talking on cell phones or listening to ipods while in public
I actually don't like any of those things, and I can name other women right off the bat who don't, either.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Has anyone noticed that hippies, homosexuals, bunny huggers, and tree huggers are trying to feminize men? Its all the gay tv shows they have and all the hair care and skin care products for men. There is a school that is making boys wear womens clothes they are calling it "history of women's fashion"
Archie Bunker, is that you?

Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
Well, some people get screwed by a divorce court and lose custody, but they still try to stay involved. If you mean fathers that just pay the check but otherwise ignore the kids, I agree.
divorce creates lots of losers and very few winners....

I know a few dads who have just given up by the brutal reality of divorce. its a sad thing. I know a few others who have fought to the point of getting custody. its still a sad thing.

but lets even include those dads who are married to their kids mom, but they are absent fathers as well. thats bad mojo.

My wife is home with out kids. I work full time. Its a hard thing to be engaged when I come home and some days I am a complete failure at it. I know it isnt easy but dads have a much more difficult time being engaged.

(look at me being all girly! LOL!)

Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh , here we go again....time to dig up the "if men are liberals they're feminine and feminine traits are all bad because women have them"...this crap must be on the rightists's schedule for ..what?.. every month ..every other month.

Yup, to be a "real" man, a real rightist man you need to drool, beat women, never bathe, have an IQ in the single digits, ignore your children (childcare is a woman's job), drive a truck, love to kill, never wear anything but old dirty jeans and a torn T-shirt, and have no college degrees...that's for those lib sissies...

I am so happy to be aquainted with/surrounded by...liberal men...
I gotta tell ya, when I hear a liberal man talking about football a giant question mark pops up over my head! LOL!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times

YouTube - Tom DeLay Storms Dancing with the Stars!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
The feminization of males only occurs in certain enviornments or socio-economic classes which allow such...
There is no feminization of males in the 'hood', white hood, black hood, latino hood or Asian hood...it just doesn't really happen there due to the nature of the social structure in those locals...

Usually the more 'afluent' one is or the ease at which they get by in life, can sometimes determine their level of 'softness'....

I mean there's no need to be a barbaric hairy fighting caveman if one is raised in a palace with marbal floors and a butler to look after them...

The easier one has it, the more 'soft' and 'relaxed' one tends to become...whether gay or straight...

Me, I think it's great that guys are taking better care of their skin, and becoming more aware of their own 'essence', rather than just worshipping female essance...

Women do it all the time with female magazines galor...
I mean why should a guy sacrifice his skin, feet, hair, just to satisfy someone elses sense of 'wellness'...

Most guys, when they get older...and their wives leave them, do wish they had tooken better care of their skin and face as to still retain youthful beauty....for once it's gone...it's gone...

I mean who wants to walk around looking like a hairy goblin?
Back in the Dark ages, and other primitave times...that served a purpose...the more ferocious men looked, the better chance of intimidating the enemy...

Now we have the police to protect us, and a large military...

I see nothing wrong with the feminization of men...women aren't exactly push-overs...being feminane doesn't mean one is a push-over...guys who are married know this...

Females are not 'wimps' so I wouldn't be so quick to equate feminality with wimpyness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies