Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times

Advertisements

I wonder if they'll ever move past pot to other plants(ish) like mushrooms or salvia or even khat. Pot seems to be the dominant one with all the focus now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,582 times
It's all about who can control the profits from the sale of it.
As long as the big Pharma corporations fight it because it'll put a dent in there profits of pill sales for many symptoms, the chances of it being legalized will go down.
The states will have to fight for it so they can control the tax money collected from it.
As always, it's all about the Benjamins.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:10 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It is taking too long to reverse a policy set up to protect a newspaper company and the FBI. We need to legalize Marijuana ASAP. Then we can legalize the rest of the currently prohibited drugs.
People fears that their children are going became lazy stoner or criminals.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:12 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Pot is illegal in most countries that anyone would want to spend time or do business in.
Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and Alaska are in the U.S. People love spending time and doing business in not only the U.S. but also Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and Alaska.

Quote:
I am the oddball that does not understand the need to use substance, legal or otherwise, to feel good/ take the edge off or whatever.
Then don't do it. Not seeing the need to use a substance does not make it okay to use violence on peaceful people who do see value in using the substance.

Quote:
Seems to me the greater the percentage of a population that engages in use of substance is not going to bode well for the future global competitiveness of that country.
History says otherwise. The U.S. has not seen any drop in global competitiveness since we ended alcohol prohibition.

Quote:
A substantial number of US people are living paycheck to paycheck and/or don't have a dime saved for an emergency let alone their retirement. A substantial number of US people don't make enough money to take responsibility for themselves and families. Yet somehow, there is a huge amount of money available for substance. Color me confused.
Does that justify using violence on the great majority of substance users that are peaceful AND support themselves financially?

You support using violence on the majority of drug users to save the minority of drug users from themselves?

Quote:
Most who drink do not become alcoholics or move onto stronger substances.
Most who smoke weed do not move onto stronger substances.
It would actually be hard to move from alcohol to stronger substances. Alcohol is actually one of the hardest drugs used by man.

Quote:
Those who use stronger substances, almost always have a history of " excessive" pot and/or alcohol usage.
And they almost always have a history of drinking a lot of milk as a kid. They almost always have a history of wearing clothes....

Correlation is not causation.

Quote:
There's not an addict or alcoholic anywhere that did not spend serious time on the river of denial that they were in control.
But a majority of cannabis users are in control, no denial needed.

I have no problem with you being anti-drug, if that is your opinion, preach! I only have a problem when someone is anti-drug to the extent that they support using violence on peaceful people because they partake in drug use.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:12 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Report predicts 18 states will legalize pot by 2020

I hope this pans out like they are predicting. It is time to end the silly war on a plant.

If 18 states have legalized by 2020, then how long until federal legalization or declassification? 2025? 2030?

It is nice to see some progress towards liberty in today's world where we seem to be abandoning freedom at every turn. Gives me some hope.
We will have to see what unpredicted negative consequences might surface over the unregulated legalization of pot.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
People fears that their children are going became lazy stoner or criminals.
They should raise their kids not to be lazy stoners or criminals.

Every person I know that smokes weed is a law abiding citizen that works to support his or herself. But those are just the people I know personally and I don't associate with criminal elements or unemployed people.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
We will have to see what unpredicted negative consequences might surface over the unregulated legalization of pot.
Uh, who mentioned unregulated legalization at any point? Every state to legalize so far has set up regulation mechanisms and every proposed legalization plan that might go through involves regulations.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
The Democrat governor of Colorado tells them to wait.

John Hickenlooper Advises Other States To Wait On Pot Legalization

John Hickenlooper Advises Other States To Wait On Pot Legalization

Old 01-28-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I wonder if they'll ever move past pot to other plants(ish) like mushrooms or salvia or even khat. Pot seems to be the dominant one with all the focus now though.
It would be nice for them to go by the principle and legalize other drugs as well, but unfortuenately most people don't have a principled stance on prohibition.

They think that some substances are okay to be legal like alcohol but other ones they don't like should be illegal even if they are more tame than alcohol. I really hope our populace grows up in that regard.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
They should raise their kids not to be lazy stoners or criminals.

Every person I know that smokes weed is a law abiding citizen that works to support his or herself. But those are just the people I know personally and I don't associate with criminal elements or unemployed people.

Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies