Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,456,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Also, I don't see what the issue is for the vaxxers over this. As long as your kid is vaccinated, he/she has nothing to worry about. Other than being such uber humanitarians that you care so much for the general welfare, your kids, vaccinated, are not at any risk at all as they have received the 100% safe and effective vaccines needed to exist as a human being.
The irony is, and I doubt you'll recognize this, is that you (assuming anti-vax) are depending on those of us who do vaccinate so that you're kids don't get sick. Let's all stop. Let your kids get measles, mumps, polio, pertussis...let's throw in small pox...happy now? No vaccine is 100% safe or effective, nobody has ever said otherwise. Problem is most of my generation and those younger have not seen these diseases up close and personal (due to vaccination), so it's easier to be paranoid about the vaccines than it is about the diseases they prevent. We've got measles making a comeback. Maybe that's what it will take to get anti-vax people to wake up. Pertussis in infants (too young to be vaccinated) is on the upswing due to those of us old enough to be vaccinated bringing it to them. You want to watch your infant suffer trying to breathe with whooping cough? I'm sure you don't. So you are depending on the rest of us to vaccinate. Who is the selfish one?

Old 01-30-2015, 12:59 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,697,415 times
I lived through that time too sanspeur. In Pakistan diseases like polio are thriving because there is no coherent vaccination program, that's because the medical teams who are sent out to vaccinate the children were being murdered by the Taliban.

The less educated of the Pakistani community believe that the vaccine is being used to control birth rate and decrease women's fertility, others claim that it weakens children. The Taliban in particular are using the ignorance of these people, most of whom are illiterate, to refuse the anti polio vaccine that would protect their children.

The People of Pakistan at least have an excuse for their choices, ignorance. But people in the USA or Europe who would place their own children and their community in danger are in fact just as ignorant as those poor buggers living in their mud huts in Pakistan.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:11 AM

13,290 posts, read 7,841,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Nope. This topic makes me livid. Some countries have millions who starve to death. We don't. Some countries have millions who die of preventable disease. That is a luxury here -- we CHOOSE to expose our kids to preventable disease. It drives me up the wall and I have no tolerance for it. If you're dumb enough to have a kid and not vaccinate your kid, you don't deserve to have a kid. Cause parents in Africa don't have that choice...
Get doctors to test for Vitamin D levels, and make the appropriate adjustments.

Vaccine pushers aren't followers of real science

"Now, given that vitamin D3 shows such a powerful effect in preventing influenza -- with 800% increased efficacy over vaccines -- shouldn't CDC officials, doctors and health authorities be rushing to recommend vitamin D before flu season arrives?"

Learn more: Vitamin D proven far better than vaccines at preventing influenza infections - NaturalNews.com

Old 01-30-2015, 01:39 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,697,415 times
It was Natural News.com that insisted that the MMR vaccine caused autism was it not? As every body now knows that claim was proven to be utterly false.
I would rather follow the advice of a "Vaccine pusher" than the miss- leading claims offered by NaturalNews.com the Fox News of the natural medicine world.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:47 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,456,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Get doctors to test for Vitamin D levels, and make the appropriate adjustments.

Vaccine pushers aren't followers of real science

"Now, given that vitamin D3 shows such a powerful effect in preventing influenza -- with 800% increased efficacy over vaccines -- shouldn't CDC officials, doctors and health authorities be rushing to recommend vitamin D before flu season arrives?"

Learn more: Vitamin D proven far better than vaccines at preventing influenza infections - NaturalNews.com
We're not just talking about flu.

Vitamin D levels are important, and I agree with going to your doctor to see where your's are, but doctors ARE "Vaccine pushers." So you trust them regarding vitamin D levels, but not vaccines?

Old 01-30-2015, 03:28 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,514,179 times
The reason "Millennials" were able to grow up is because many diseases that often afflicted children were nearly wiped out because of vaccines. Those that claim to not get sick enjoy making the boast because they rely on everyone else being vaccinated. Those same people demand all kinds of medicines when they get sick, running to emergency rooms and complaining about wait times. Those same people often see no use for police yet have no problem calling emergency services because they can't update their Facebook status.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:17 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
I guess that this Onion article fits well here:

I Don

Recall, the Onion is a satire magazine.

Or, rather, it is 'made up' for purposes of entertainment.

Yet, satire, if done right, does have a basis of truth to it.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
While I don't feel that a parent should be forced to have their children immunized by force, I will say that they should be forced to keep their kids away from the general population.

Decisions have and always will have consequences. Your decisions should not infringe on society's health.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 AM

29,449 posts, read 19,542,454 times
I got into a long debate the other nigh with a friend of mine about vaccination. He believes that too many at a young age leads to higher chances of autism. I told him that myth has been debunked. Funny thing, I took my 5 year old for a couple of shots yesterday to get him up to date for kindergarten.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 10 days ago)

43,459 posts, read 44,172,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
If they have a personal belief against immunization and therefore don't immunize their kids? Fine, stay away from everyone else. Thoughts?
I think that the school districts should mandate children that register at their schools to have the proper immunizations. Children that are not immunized should not be in public/state schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.