Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
1. People from the red states all live in the blue states. Basically if anybody actually notices many of the employees ARE FROM RED STATES. Basically people from the red states are living in the blue states. That is why the red states look poor. That is why the red states looks jobless which keeps the value down. They basically come down to these places ( blue states ) and fill the job market their.
Umm, what? IME, people living in blue states - are living in blue states. Regardless of whether they once lived in a red state. And of course, people living in red states - are living in red states. I believe very few people can legitimately claim to be a resident of more than one state.

Quote:
I know tons of people from Texas, Idaho, Mississippi and other "Wasp" states. Most real Americans from the states are from the red states.
Ummm, what? What is a "real" american? Aren't most americans, "real" or not, "from the states"? And what do you mean by "from the red states"? Plenty of americans live in blue states, how can you say that most americans are from the red states?

Quote:
Basically think about it like this. USA is an really big place ( Unlike Japan or China ) and their are tons of resources for it's people.
Ummm, what? China is not a really big place and has few natural resources? Who knew? Besides, we are (trying to) compare americans living in red states with americans living in blue states. Not sure why china or japan is being brought into the discussion. Although there are americans living in both places - is china a red or blue state? what about japan?

Quote:
2. In most blue states many of the upper-class are red states people. Only few blue states born people ever become higher class. Speaking of which George Bush was born in Connecticut not Texas or the South.
Ummm, what? People living in blue states are living in a blue state, not a red state. What is your evidence for saying that people born in blue states seldom "become higher class"? What do you mean by higher class anyway? I was born in california, as were many people I know, and plenty of them are at least upper middle class economically.

Quote:
The truth to that is because many people ( great post war white flight ). Dear god it is funny because the population of Connecticut is part of that reason. So was it a strategical place to move their?
Umm what? I am pretty sure you are saying here that lots of people moved to connecticut. But after that, I lose your train of thought. Unless you have evidence regarding what their strategy was for moving there, it is difficult to say whether it was a good idea or not.

Quote:
It looks like racism and what we call Gingivitis AKA Gingerfication. This prevents the opposite called Manhattanization AKA my kid walks outside with his hat backwards and his pants are baggy.
Umm, what?

In general, I kind of think you are saying that the people who live in blue states who are doing well were originally red state residents. The numbers that have been tossed around in this thread don't bear on that issue at all, so I'd like to see what you are basing your argument on.

But I will say, if what you say is true, good for them. Whatever was holding them back from doing well in the red states they were from, I'm glad moving to blue states worked out well for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 08:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Where'd you pull that one from, your a**?
Really; does he also believe the rich back increasing their own tax above the 70% of funding they provide the Federal government. Blue collar unions are behind the trial lawyers as biggest special interest in the democratic party. But even they have loss a lot of ground. Most are now entitlement and social issue groups. Perhaps if he examined the democratic platform last time he figure out who it represents.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Lmao jacqueg. That must have been excruciating.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Lmao jacqueg. That must have been excruciating.
Actually, it was kind of fun. I'm a big word puzzle fan...

Old 02-02-2015, 08:32 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
jacqueg"I'm a big word puzzle fan..."

That poster seemed to be still in the coloring book stage.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:05 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
I wonder when some people are going to realize that there is no such thing as a red or blue state?
A little research will prove that.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I wonder when some people are going to realize that there is no such thing as a red or blue state?
A little research will prove that.
Personally, I'm well aware that red vs blue is based on the politics of the largest cities in the states, which may or may not correspond with the political leanings of those in the countrysides. It's a useful generalization for some discussions, because if most to the people in the largest cities in a state are ds, well, that is how the state as a whole votes. After all, if most to the voters in the state are ds, regardless of whether most of the state's acreage is in the areas that vote r, well that state is going to be in the d column for electoral purposes.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

Is this a problem for some reason? If so I'd like you to enunciate why. It seems to me a democratic government where the majority of people get more out than they put in is a good thing.
Yes, it's a problem. When the majority of people can vote for the minority to be forced to subsidize them, they will generally do so - in bigger and bigger chunks (of both voters and money). Like I said before:

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Read more at A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. - George Bernard Shaw at BrainyQuote

I find something fundamentally immoral about that scenario.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Corporations are evil, monopolizing the economy and concentrating wealth. The evil 1% should be burned at the stake. Except when we can use skewed stats to pick on red states. In that case, blue states rule and red states are leeches.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Median income is a fair stat that cannot be skewed, TrapperJohn. Unlike the mean (average), 1/2 earn above the median, 1/2 below. It is a very accurate assessment of the economy of a state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies