Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Jenner 6'2", massive hands and feet, wearing a dress and heavy makeup would not "blend into the crowd" at the grocery store.
True. Neither do any of the women on my alma mater's women's basketball team - many of whom are taller than 6 feet tall.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:47 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,863 times
Im tired of this garbage making news..
Good job America.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:48 PM

43,638 posts, read 44,361,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn, unveiling her new self on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine.
No more Bruce: Meet Caitlyn Jenner - CNN.com

http://twitter.com/VanityFair/status...647681/photo/1
Who cares??!! This is his/her personal business and I don't see why the public is so obsessed with this story.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:09 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post

Why interrupt someone else's happiness?
Who around here is interrupting her happiness ? She is a public figure who wants to be a public figure. She chose that absurd photo, the media attention, and all she had to know comes with it.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:11 PM

613 posts, read 463,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
I don't know about Caitlyn Jenner, but a lot of transgender people blend into the crowd. Case in point: the attachment below.
...don't try to tell me that you wouldn't think the girl in that pic is cute if you just saw her at the grocery store or a restaurant.

Omg Beautiful girl!!!!

Old 06-04-2015, 05:26 PM

103 posts, read 82,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Jenner 6'2", massive hands and feet, wearing a dress and heavy makeup would not "blend into the crowd" at the grocery store.
So the fact that Jenner is 6'2 and has massive feet automatically makes her less worthy than the transgender girl that's 5'3" with size 7 feet...?

Old 06-04-2015, 05:31 PM

5,010 posts, read 591,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
True. Neither do any of the women on my alma mater's women's basketball team - many of whom are taller than 6 feet tall.
Yes, I understand your point ...but do they look like Caitlyn?

Jenner has had so much work done that it truly looks obvious and unnatural. Add to that the unfeminine mannerisms and voice.

I'm just not sure if Jenner can pull this off......

Old 06-04-2015, 05:36 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Who cares??!! This is his/her personal business and I don't see why the public is so obsessed with this story.
It is the MEDIA that is obsessed with this story. They are the ones shoving it down our throats.

Sure keeps us distracted from REAL issues.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,500 times
What is the big deal about Caitlyn Jenner? Hell what is the big deal about anyone going through a "sexual reassignment?" This has been going on for more than 63 years when the Christine Jorgensen nee George William Jorgensen Jr. became the first American, not the first person, the first American to have sexual reassignment surgery in 1951! Jorgensen was front page news, appeared on national TV! This really ain't news.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:44 PM

103 posts, read 82,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Give me a break. We know it's not natural, and we aren't saying "But...but."

Keep telling yourself that one can change one's sex.

So much for science.
You can't change your chromosomes... You can't get a uterus through surgery... You can't produce eggs through surgery... You can't produce milk out of your breasts through surgery...
But are those things really the only characteristics that make someone a woman? If so, then what do we call sterile women? Or women that had a mastectomy?

Humans are so complex. We have gender roles, expectations, and strong emotional feelings associated with our gender. Being a man or a woman is emotionally engraved into who we are as humans. Gender isn't just body parts and reproduction abilities.
To bring things into perspective.. Think about this: if someone were to ask you why you feel like a man or a woman, what would you say? Would you just say, "my sperm makes me feel like a man"? or, "my milk ducts make me feel like a woman?"
...wouldn't you say something more complex than that? Like your emotions, feelings, motivations, ideas, way of thinking, personality, attitude?
Guys, if you got a vasectomy, are you no longer a man? Ladies, if you had a mastectomy because of cancer, are you no longer a woman?

Therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to allow someone to change their gender if they please. If they do not feel emotionally involved in their biological gender, then why not let them choose a gender that they will feel more "at home" in? They might not fit biological characteristics of a male or woman, but, as I said before, humans are complex and gender is so much more than that.

We aren't like fish. We're not just swimming around with the sole purpose of mating and producing off spring. We are a complex, developed species that is capable of more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies