Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't doubt his children support him...that doesn't mean they are not conflicted or in pain over this...look how impacted his middle aged sister was...as far as a child being out of high-school gives a parent the right to do what makes them happy...is a ridiculous and self-serving belief...Bruce knowingly married and had children with 3 different women...that's just plain wrong...he used them as his beard to protect his image...at some point before 65 he had an obligation to at least stop marrying...it's just what crazy is..."doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result"...I don't wish ill of Bruce Jenner but to make himself a hero for the transgender community at the ripe old age of 65...when he could have been a hero and a trailblazer for the transgender community was two marriages and 30 years ago...he just didn't want to pay the price of his image but once he was financially secure he grew a pair of balls...(bad choice of words)...
I'm sure the offspring and ex wives have conflicted feelings. But, I am reasonably certain that if they were asked, they would confirm that they would rather have had Bruce Jenner as a father than not to have been born, or to have carried his children. He has waited long enough for his own happiness.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:47 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
It was a good interview in my view and will go a long way to bringing about greater acceptance of the trans-community. While I once viewed this community negatively, I have since become very accepting based on what a Native American woman told me. Specifically, I was told/asked that if individuals can be born with physical bodyparts of both males and females (hermaphrodites, etc.), then why is it so strange/hard to believe that a similar process can take place internally/mentally/etc. where an individual is, for lack of better words, more female than male ont he inside, despite physical characteristics to the contrary?

Having written that, leftists are already condemning Bruce for "coming out as a Republican." So much for tolerance and "progress"

Old 04-25-2015, 08:52 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Did you hear what Bruce said? How he put it off because he worried about his kids? It took him a long time. 65 years of putting everyone before himself. Long enough!
Did you read what I said??? If he stopped making babies he wouldn't have had to put all his kids before himself!!! It took him that long because he kept marrying and having kids...no one's fault but his own...and for that we should say poor Bruce Jenner what a saint he is putting his wives and children before himself ...I say poor Bruce Jenner's children and at least two ex wives they are innocents in all this...it doesn't make him a terrible person...but certainly Bruce is no trailblazing hero in all this...

Old 04-25-2015, 09:17 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
No, he isn't a trailblazer in this issue, not at all.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I don't understand why Bruce Jenner gets top headlines in the news. Personally I don't want to hear it and could care less about Jenner or the Kardashians. In fact it really annoys me when any celebrity gets top headlines in the news every time they burp.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:10 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Did you read what I said??? If he stopped making babies he wouldn't have had to put all his kids before himself!!! It took him that long because he kept marrying and having kids...no one's fault but his own...and for that we should say poor Bruce Jenner what a saint he is putting his wives and children before himself ...I say poor Bruce Jenner's children and at least two ex wives they are innocents in all this...it doesn't make him a terrible person...but certainly Bruce is no trailblazing hero in all this...
And he accepts the blame. He made mistakes. It isn't an easy decision. I cannot imagine being in his shoes.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:11 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I watched part of the interview last night. I find it interesting that he's always felt he was a girl and was dressing in girl's clothing since the age of 8 but has only just now decided to undergo gender reassignment surgery.
He still has all his man parts. He is only taking hormones.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:15 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It was a good interview in my view and will go a long way to bringing about greater acceptance of the trans-community. While I once viewed this community negatively, I have since become very accepting based on what a Native American woman told me. Specifically, I was told/asked that if individuals can be born with physical bodyparts of both males and females (hermaphrodites, etc.), then why is it so strange/hard to believe that a similar process can take place internally/mentally/etc. where an individual is, for lack of better words, more female than male ont he inside, despite physical characteristics to the contrary?
They had an amazing story on the news last week, about an adorable two year old girl that kept crossing out her name and writing Jacob in its place. She got rid of her dresses and asked for blue jeans instead. She begged her mama to cut her hair short. Finally, after three years of counseling and having her child checked over by multiple psychologists (who stated that her desires must be insistent, consistent and persistent, or something to that effect) they finally relented at age 5 and allowed this adorable young girl to change her name to Jacob and live as a boy.

She now looks and acts just like a boy. After watching this, I changed my opinion totally, and realize that it is not something limited to someone having a mid life crisis or just being confused.

This started with a 2 year old.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:52 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I didn't watch the interview, but I read about it on Yahoo News. I'm glad he's figured out what he wants to do with his life, but even more than that I'm glad he's getting out of the clutches of the evil Kardashian clan!!!

Old 04-25-2015, 11:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They had an amazing story on the news last week, about an adorable two year old girl that kept crossing out her name and writing Jacob in its place. She got rid of her dresses and asked for blue jeans instead. She begged her mama to cut her hair short. Finally, after three years of counseling and having her child checked over by multiple psychologists (who stated that her desires must be insistent, consistent and persistent, or something to that effect) they finally relented at age 5 and allowed this adorable young girl to change her name to Jacob and live as a boy.

She now looks and acts just like a boy. After watching this, I changed my opinion totally, and realize that it is not something limited to someone having a mid life crisis or just being confused.

This started with a 2 year old.
It seems like the signs were always there with many children, society bushes is off and says, "she's a tomboy, she will out grow it, or he just needs to be cut from his mother's apron stings." If we take the time to examine these situations, and stop forcing square pegs into round holes, maybe we would have a better understanding of transgender people, and human sexuality in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies