Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 AM

1,179 posts, read 8,699,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
So now he's a lesbian? ( he said he still prefers the pronoun "he") Dude seems seriously confused.
I hope this works out for him /her. He seemed really miserable the one and only time I watched the Kardashian show out of morbid curiosity.
Yes confusing. He said he isn't homosexual because he hasn't been with a man/doesn't want to but he's changed physically into a demands and said he's always felt he was a woman? Then also still wants to be called he instead of she.

This also means that any partner they are with would be a lesbian? Doesn't he have a wife? Or are they divorced?

Old 06-02-2015, 10:00 AM

4,038 posts, read 2,695,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Ewwwww! I know so disgusting when someone else dares to find happiness without asking your permission and doing it outside the norms of your limited experience. How dare they???!!!

1) Caitlyn can have a relationship with whomever she chooses. Why is that such a big deal to you? Mind boggling for some reason.

2) Caitlyn will be whatever she and her grandkids decide. Why does that matter to you?

3) There's nothing crazy or perverted except your own perceptions. Try opening your mind.

You never know when someone in your family, at work, at your church might be struggling with a gender issue and would welcome a kind word, a hug, some love and acceptance, yes, even from someone like yourself.

Can't rep you anymore. Well said.

Heaven forbid if any of these judgmental people ever have a family member or good friend go through this. Wonder what their opinion would be then?

One of their children perhaps? Would they be so "disgusted" then? Jeez.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:12 AM

3,805 posts, read 9,296,265 times
The problem I have with it is the Hushed Tones of Reverence. A dude cut his willy off, and we're all supposed to golf-clap and mistily praise Courage.

I work with disabled Veterans. I become extremely angry at the positive press and clamoring Respect that seems to be Required for people who slice up their genitals. Any response other than the highest of praise is met with "hate-shaming," whatever that is.

"I mean, I don't know, I really always thought of myself as a pirate, so I'm getting my left hand cut off and installing a hook, and my right leg cut off at the knee and replaced with a plunger. HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME!??"

So, pardon me while I save my tears for young men and women who have had body parts blown off, or who simply cannot get through a single day without terrible images and thoughts invading their minds.

Go cut up your junk, but maybe install an ounce of Self-Awareness and stop being so dramatic about it.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:21 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,994,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
The problem I have with it is the Hushed Tones of Reverence. A dude cut his willy off, and we're all supposed to golf-clap and mistily praise Courage.
According to Her/He, Jenner still has his penis. He has not had any genital surgery.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:21 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,006,867 times
Quick question....So is Jenner ONLY dressing as a WOMAN from now on. period?

Or is his his nonsurgical transition not QUITE finished so he may still dress and look like Bruce for a little bit longer, but he still wants to be called Caitlyn now?.....So we could se "bruce" and call him Caitlyn.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:22 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,200,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Yes confusing. He said he isn't homosexual because he hasn't been with a man/doesn't want to but he's changed physically into a demands and said he's always felt he was a woman? Then also still wants to be called he instead of she.

This also means that any partner they are with would be a lesbian? Doesn't he have a wife? Or are they divorced?
This right here is why I think mental illness is the issue.

He's not attracted to men, says he's still attracted to women yet he feels he was always meant to be a woman. Someone who claims to have a heterosexual orientation but wants become the opposite sex is suffering some form of mental illness.

Not all gay people want to become the opposite sex, and clearly not all people who want to change their sex are gay. Bruce is indicative of this if what he says about his sexuality is true. It didn't matter if he's gay or not, but surely there's a mental imbalance present.

I read a similar story some years back about a married man in Georgia who believed he was meant to be a woman and wanted to have a sex change operation. He said it was something he always wanted to do and just didn't like being a man. He went far is to have the gender reassignment surgery as well. When asked about his reassignment surgery he said he just wanted them to cut the thing off, that he didn't want it anymore.

lucky for him his wife was supportive and wanted to stay with him after the operation. He stated that he wanted to remain with his wife and that after surgery he would consider himself a lesbian. Both he and his wife said that they would be in a lesbian relationship post operation. So clearly gender identity issues aren't connected to one's sexuality in all cases. Something else is going on mentally.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:23 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,398,981 times
No thanks.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:27 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,526,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Quick question....So is Jenner ONLY dressing as a WOMAN from now on. period?

Or is his his nonsurgical transition not QUITE finished so he may still dress and look like Bruce for a little bit longer, but he still wants to be called Caitlyn now?.....So we could se "bruce" and call him Caitlyn.
All of the above = none of your business

6,808 posts, read 6,910,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Can't rep you anymore. Well said.

Heaven forbid if any of these judgmental people ever have a family member or good friend go through this. Wonder what their opinion would be then?

One of their children perhaps? Would they be so "disgusted" then? Jeez.
Aren't you judging the very people who don't agree with you? So far dissenters have been called haters, bigots, backward, judgmental, close-minded, and on and on (not going to go back and read all negative comments directed to people who aren't pro whatever it is that Bruce Jenner has become).

Personally, I find this push to be just one more step in the downhill degeneration of society. It's not "progressive". I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I do expect everyone to respect the fact that I have the right to my own opinion. The fact that I've gotten so many reps but so few posts here that openly agree with me only proves how hateful and intolerant the LGBT community has become.

Sorry, but it works both ways. I respect your right to live how you want, but you must respect my right to not agree with it.

7,274 posts, read 5,254,234 times
I find it intriguingly odd how someone can live with an internal gender struggle. Since I have no concept of it, I have no idea what struggle Bruce went through to finally arrive at this point in a later stage of his life. Makes you wonder if he had these feelings when he broke the decathlon world record in 1976.

Being in the public eye as he/she is makes this whole process increasingly stressful, as well as having the whole Kardashian thing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies