Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 06:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, this thread is only about federal roads?
Yes, now you have been caught up to speed. If states wish to try and get federal money to help with their local and state roads, then that is a separate issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 06:28 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, now you have been caught up to speed. If states wish to try and get federal money to help with their local and state roads, then that is a separate issue.
Prove it...

But why are you not willing to answer the rest of my quote...you could not?

Lets look again...
Quote:
So, this thread is only about federal roads?

So, local roads would not be covered?

Yes my roads are fine....

Listen, it's alright to say you are wrong in our responses.....I have done it numerous times here on CD.....

Old 02-02-2015, 07:31 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Obamas new taxes are for more than just roads.
Obama budget calls for largest federal civilian workforce since Cold War - Washington Times
The federal civilian workforce will reach its highest level since the end of the Cold War under the budget President Obama submitted to Congress on Monday, surging by more than 100,000 employees over the next two years as he tries to restock agencies he says have been decimated by GOP-led cuts.

All told, Mr. Obama will have added more than 160,000 civilian workers to the executive branch since he took office, putting him on pace to top President George W. Bush for the biggest expansion in modern political history. When civilians at the Department of Defense are discounted, Mr. Obama is already the leader, with 124,000 jobs added in his first seven years.

But how can this be? Obama sycophants keep saying that Obama is reducing government, you don't think they're lying do you?

Just what we need right, more government employees eating at the taxpayer trough. All of the money to pay for these jobs comes out of someones pocket, someone who is creating value in the economy, not just siphoning money off like government jobs.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Prove it...

But why are you not willing to answer the rest of my quote...you could not?

Lets look again...

Prove what? Also there is nothing to actually answer in your question, that is why I didn't answer it.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default I listened to President Obama's

... State of the Union speech and now his proposed budget, and just finished the WWII movie "Fury" which covers the period April 1945, forward, in that war fought in Germany.

What the two things have in common was that one man, Hitler, prolonged the war unnecessarily, and, our president, Obama, seems to act just as irrationally by increasing and attempting to increase the horrendous national debt.

So a wacky leader can do considerable damage.

Frankly no one believes that the economy has turned around, that unemployment is only 5%, or that there is not a "smidgen" of bad conduct in the IRS scandal, among other fiascos. As Obama says.

The closest thing Obama's conduct brings to mind is a compulsive gambler who continues to double down his losing bets with other peoples' money.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
... State of the Union speech and now his proposed budget, and just finished the WWII movie "Fury" which covers the period April 1945, forward, in that war fought in Germany.

What the two things have in common was that one man, Hitler, prolonged the war unnecessarily, and, our president, Obama, seems to act just as irrationally by increasing and attempting to increase the horrendous national debt.

Frankly no one believes that the economy has turned around, that unemployment is only 5%, or that there is not a "smidgen" of bad conduct in the IRS scandal, among other fiascos. As Obama says.

The closest thing Obama's conduct brings to mind is a compulsive gambler who continues to double down his losing bets with other peoples' money.
Did you just call Obama a Hitler? Yeah, not seeing this common connection you are trying to make.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post

Maybe you're right, but the rest of the world believes otherwise.

Yeah, the Hitler thing rang a bell in my pantry.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I'm not sure if the following link is in this thread -- I didn't see it, but perhaps I missed it:

"General Explanations of the Administration’s Fiscal Year 2016 Revenue Proposals" published by the US Department of the Treasury, February 2015.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...ons-FY2016.pdf

and

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...planation.aspx

It is worth a look.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I'm not sure if the following link is in this thread -- I didn't see it, but perhaps I missed it:

"General Explanations of the Administration’s Fiscal Year 2016 Revenue Proposals" published by the US Department of the Treasury, February 2015.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...ons-FY2016.pdf

and

The Greenbook and Tax Expenditures

It is worth a look.
Thanks for the links. I'll post my thoughts after 3 weeks or so, when I finish reading the whole thing.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:10 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
I just came from a thread complaining about Obama cutting taxes. What's goin' on guys? Anything? Anything at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies