Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 06:17 PM

37,770 posts, read 21,861,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
sure it is, ISIS is using their religion as the whole basis for their cause.
Which is why the first things we give them as prisoners is a prayer mat and Koran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM

963 posts, read 686,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Which is why the first things we give them as prisoners is a prayer mat and Koran.
Isn't it kinda funny that, when they pray, they don't look up to heaven, but towards the OTHER place? Makes you wonder if they really know WHO they're praying to! And at the same time, they moon you!

Old 02-04-2015, 06:37 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,420,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
While Jordan EXECUTES 2 terrorists. Nobody take America or our "leader" seriously. Two more very long years!
And what do you want him to do? Throw troops on the ground for another senseless fight that isn't about protecting our freedom? You Conservatives are all about war 24/7 aren't ya.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:38 PM

30,559 posts, read 21,723,712 times
Quote:
"It's those damn Jews I tell ya. It's the JEWS!"

Crazy ******* Americans. I bet Obama is with you on this. In fact, I KNOW he agrees with your Jew conspiracy.
Considering Jewish and Muslim Americans overwhelming voted for him it makes you wander. Kumbaya

Old 02-04-2015, 06:40 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,420,856 times
Quote:
Isn't it kinda funny that, when they pray, they don't look up to heaven, but towards the OTHER place? Makes you wonder if they really know WHO they're praying to! And at the same time, they moon you!
And when I go to a Christian church, people look down when prayers are said so does that mean Christians are praying to the "other" place? So what's your point?

Old 02-04-2015, 06:41 PM

56,905 posts, read 25,835,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This is what happens when a government is run by religious ideology. And some of you want the U.S. to govern the same way. We can put soldiers in there & do airstrikes til the cows come home, that won't stop it. This is deeply rooted. It has to come from the government to change things, push education. This could take decades before you see a turn.
That pretty much sums it up, we could defeat ISIS whatever that looks like then what. We have been here before where we controlled Iraq and there was no political will within the country for reform or democracy so then what is the nest step. We could drive ISIS out recapture the cities and go back to the beginning, again.

I don't see that these countries are ready for peace with a focus on a secular government, we tried to push them ahead several hundred years in a decade. Look no further than the Iraqi government's action last year, the central government put religious preferences ahead of defeating ISIS.

These countries need to look far beyond defeating ISIS, this region has larger problems

Old 02-04-2015, 07:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,877,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So you say that only right wing conservatives are Christians? That's a stretch.

I'm one of your leftists and I was raised on the St Regis Mohawk Reservation. Our christian school was founded in 1755 well before America became a nation. So that blows your statement all to hell. All Mohawks are considered the first Catholics in North America

Starting in 1755, French-Canadian Jesuit priests founded the St. Regis Mission at Akwesasne.[8] The Tarbell brothers were listed among the founding chiefs, representing numerous clans as of 1759, in papers of Loran Kanonsase Pyke, the patriarch of Akwesasne’s Pyke family.[11]
Akwesasne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your not that kind of leftist...... I didn't know this about the Mohawks, thanks for the info.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,877,833 times
Quote:
LOL......look at the kid. Your explanation here does give one for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
They used the "an eye for an eye" form of retribution known as Qisas. In the case of the Jordanian pilot, ISIS claimed that he, a Muslim, bombed other Muslims, so they reenacted his "crime" by burning him and then burying his body under rubble with a bulldozer.
Well, I hope Jordan gives them all "an eye for an eye." I not to convinced they will follow through without asking America to send troops.

Burning alive and crushing him at the same time, that poor man. I feel for any parent out there that has their son or daughter in that hell hole, fighting this mess.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:19 PM

963 posts, read 686,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
LOL......look at the kid. Your explanation here does give one for thought.
I think the guy in the jeans farted

Old 02-04-2015, 07:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Most of the international terrorism comes from the Arab middle east, not these far more populous nations you listed outside of the Muslim heartland. It actually makes me wonder why, as those nations are also muslim. What is it about Arab culture that cultivates the kind of hate that you do not see in a nation like Indonesia. Turkey is muslim, but yet you rarely hear about these terrorists people being Turkish. Even Iran, whos government seems to be quite hateful and even supportive of Arab terrorists does not actually produce a great many terrorists. Iranians are not Arab, nor are the Turks. It appears to be Arab culture that produces the most violence, but why?? I am not saying these other nations do not have internal problems, look at Packistan for example, but you really never see them export it thousands of miles away like those from the Arab parts of the middle east do. Afghanistans terrorist problem during the 9-11 era was imported from Saudi Arabia. We invaded Afghanistan, but the Saudis got away scot free.
Agreed. Tho word is that Christian Arabs ain't anything like too many of the Muslim kind. I have my guesses but, they're just that, guesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies