Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 11:55 AM

723 posts, read 806,129 times

Advertisements

Well, be a boss of a company or a university professor or a just a man at your job and tell a female she is well- dressed ! ZAPPP , she would run to file a sexual harassment lawsuit and the job will get rid of you (man) or face a big fine in court. Sometimes to make it work, the woman would recruit another woman to trick you and both will file a lawsuit. Then you will see that big lawyer guy arguing before the court saying " How can two women lie, this is true , my client was humiliated, harassed,and it was so damaging she can't even sleep ".

Questions:
Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?
Were you tempted by gold diggers or a jealous co-worker?
Why are men always being the defendants in these cases? aren't there female sexually harassing any male ?

PS
I have never been accused of any sexual misconduct.This is just a debate about real things that happen in life.So do not come up here with anger whatever your opinion is on that matter as you are free to agree or disagree and substantiate why you think what you think.

Last edited by ThePage; 02-04-2015 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 12:12 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Yeah, I actually went thru all that back in the mid-80's while working in Federal civil service, when the concept of "sexual harassment" was still a relatively new and "un-standardized" phenom. At the time I worked in a veritable "shark pit" of an office with lotsa competitive squabbling and little chance for promotion, except in the rare event that somebody quit, died (or got fired)!

So I returned back from lunch one day to find I was "invited" to Human Resources for a "chat". Turns out one of my female co-workers (who had less seniority and already resented me anyway), had the bright idea to file a sexual harassment charge against me… for as it turned out, the 'crime' of looking at her in a "threatening manner" whenever we passed in the office or hallway?!

LSS, I had an otherwise good reputation (and she did not), and in the absence of any concrete evidence or witnesses, the charge was eventually dropped upon further investigation. Although in the interim it was interesting to see how little 'backbone' some managers have, especially when faced with these kinda allegations against their employees.

On the other hand, my wife who is a retired teacher, has seen the careers of several male educators savaged by these kinda accusations. And even when they were totally exonerated, there's always still that lingering "doubt"!

And if one happens to be a hyper-competitive, vindictive or simply amoral female co-worker, what's the "disincentive" anyway?

Last edited by mateo45; 02-04-2015 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: spell..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies