Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 11:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I am hoping you are not an account.
You'll be pleased to learn that no, I am not an account.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 05:24 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You'll be pleased to learn that no, I am not an account.

Bet you'd make a good bartender.

If President Obama ever pulled out the debt to income calculator, he would find all he is doing is passing the buck, same as the last one did.

Our government uses countries like credit cards, never paying off one before using the next.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Bet you'd make a good bartender.
I only tend my own bar.

But I am darn good at it, thank you very much.

Quote:
If President Obama ever pulled out the debt to income calculator, he would find all he is doing is passing the buck, same as the last one did.

Our government uses countries like credit cards, never paying off one before using the next.
Darn that Obama for continuing the centuries-old deficit spending.

Except for about a year during 1835–1836, the United States has continuously had a fluctuating public debt since its Constitution went into effect on March 4, 1789. During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress, under the Articles of Confederation, amassed huge war debts, but lacked the power to repay these obligations through taxation or duties on imports.

History of the United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, wait a minute...

Doesn't the House have the final say-so on the budget?

In the congressional budgeting process, an "authorization" (technically the "authorization act") provides the legal authority for the executive branch to act, establishes an account which can receive money to implement the action, and sets a limit on how much money may be expended. However, this account remains empty until Congress approves an "appropriation", which requires the U.S. Treasury to provide funds (up to the limit provided for in the authorization). Congress is not required to appropriate as much money as is authorized.

United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And all the trillions the GOP congress and administration flushed down the toilet of middle east wars was strangely never a big concern. Until Bush left office. Then the war costs and Bush's TARP program suddenly became a great big fiscal crisis, according to them. And one that Obama better hurry and get straightened out, I remember them saying.

But heck, like I said, I'm not an account.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:59 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTexas View Post
You continue to call your replies, 'facts'.

Sorry to inform you, but what you have written, is your 'opinion', not the 'facts'.

Fact is, Obummer will be viewed poorly. He is already the worst POTUS in history, he has taken 1st place in that, placing Carter as number 2. AND THAT IS A FACT.

He is a Wimp who has the entire planet now thinking that America is Weak.
So, what planet are you visiting from?
Like pretty much every right-winger on Earth, you have absolutely no understanding what a "fact" is.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:14 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
The idea that Obama is the worst president ever is totally, utterly ridiculous.

There is no way anyone will be topping the incompetence and destruction of W. any time soon. He used 9/11 as an excuse to seize as much power he could, and then used that power to do as much damage as he could. He has completely ruined the Middle East, destroyed the education system, made it politically acceptable to spy on US citizens, celebrated torture, hurt foreign relations severely and overall was known around the world as a horrible person. It's amazing how some people don't seem to remember just how terrifying it was. I lived in 3 different countries during his presidency and EVERYONE despised Bush... when Obama was elected it was a huge relief. I really don't think that Americans understand just how the Republican party is received outside the US.

I would put Obama somewhere in the middle... he has had a pretty good run but he didn't have any really scary dramatic moments where people felt like they needed a strong leader, and he mostly just stayed the course (which isn't necessarily good, but he didn't make things worse with horrible W-type decisions)... and then threw in Obamacare, which is a good start.

It's hard to say how history will remember him but I'm going to go with favorable overall and a vast improvement over Bush, which isn't really a huge accomplishment but is still a very good thing.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:39 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
As a complete political hack
who did nothing but divide this country while destroying every aspect of it
he will be remembered as a liar and a coward, a self worshiping , pathetic little man

Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Present.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I only tend my own bar.

But I am darn good at it, thank you very much.

Darn that Obama for continuing the centuries-old deficit spending.

Except for about a year during 1835–1836, the United States has continuously had a fluctuating public debt since its Constitution went into effect on March 4, 1789. During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress, under the Articles of Confederation, amassed huge war debts, but lacked the power to repay these obligations through taxation or duties on imports.

History of the United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, wait a minute...

Doesn't the House have the final say-so on the budget?

In the congressional budgeting process, an "authorization" (technically the "authorization act") provides the legal authority for the executive branch to act, establishes an account which can receive money to implement the action, and sets a limit on how much money may be expended. However, this account remains empty until Congress approves an "appropriation", which requires the U.S. Treasury to provide funds (up to the limit provided for in the authorization). Congress is not required to appropriate as much money as is authorized.

United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And all the trillions the GOP congress and administration flushed down the toilet of middle east wars was strangely never a big concern. Until Bush left office. Then the war costs and Bush's TARP program suddenly became a great big fiscal crisis, according to them. And one that Obama better hurry and get straightened out, I remember them saying.

But heck, like I said, I'm not an account.
I didn't blame just President Obama, if you were reading my post, I did include President Bush. Truthfully, I blame even congress for not holding all bills accountable to being overturned or re discussed if procedures are failing.

Wonder who does the accounting?? Heck you and I could do better......you mix the drinks and I'll push the calculator ,I am sure we could come up with a budget and end the deficit in no time.

You voted on change didn't you? Can't keep comparing President Obama with Bush, unless you were wanting the same ole same ole spending. President Obama has added more than he ever should have, look it up.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
He will be remembered as the first black president. Some may say he is really the first mixed race president as he is half black and is not descended from slaves. Maybe someone else will come along that is all black and descended from slaves.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 PM

233 posts, read 225,693 times
Default rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
History will remember President Obama as

1. The best U.S president after WW2
2. A flip flop Do-Nothing liberal
3. Someone who gave heath insurance to millions of Americans
4. A president who refused to put U.S troops at risk in unnecessary wars such as the war in Iraq
5. A communist dictator
6. The best political leader in the world from 1965 through 2017
7. A president who waged a very effective war against terrorists
8. A Right wing president hidden behind a progressive mask.
9. A smart guy who knew how to make things work
10. None of all the above. He will be seen as..................... (?)

Obama will be remembered as a well educated idiot who hoodwinked the American people. Now they are paying for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies