U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 PM

4,581 posts, read 4,711,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48555 View Post
Two very specific, detailed, policy-specific posts...and it's about personality.

You embarrass yourself.
Your posts are hyperbolic nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
It's easy to make personal insults. Pointless too.

Name one specific thing I said that was false.
I'll give you two things this dangerous imbecile accomplished. 1. He destabilized Libya to the point of utter chaos. 2. He backed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt & almost collapsed the Middle East. Your guy is a joke.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:54 PM

On the domestic front the only thing holding up this slow economy is ZERO interest rates for 5 years (which are killing savers & seniors) & massive quantitative easing. You might be an intelligent person, but I'm suspect of anyone who talks up someone like Obama who is an obvious AA product.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,952,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
On the domestic front the only thing holding up this slow economy is ZERO interest rates for 5 years (which are killing savers & seniors) & massive quantitative easing. You might be an intelligent person, but I'm suspect of anyone who talks up someone like Obama who is an obvious AA product.
An obvious AA product? How low will people stoop on this site? These are the kind of statements that make people scream 'racist'. Because all of his accomplishments HAD to be because of his skin color? Give me a break. Criticize his current policies, don't criticize his prior qualifications. He's won, fair and square, twice now. Clearly, it's more than just his skin color...

Old 03-03-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
An obvious AA product? How low will people stoop on this site? These are the kind of statements that make people scream 'racist'. Because all of his accomplishments HAD to be because of his skin color? Give me a break. Criticize his current policies, don't criticize his prior qualifications. He's won, fair and square, twice now. Clearly, it's more than just his skin color...
I'll give you that point when I see his college grades LSAT score, SAT score, anything ? He has no ability to speak or write a second language. How do you get through an Ivy League school without that basic skill....hint: you don't. At least you don't as a traditional student.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 03-03-2015 at 11:45 PM..

Old 03-04-2015, 12:24 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,952,208 times
Quote:
I'll give you that point when I see his college grades LSAT score, SAT score, anything ? He has no ability to speak or write a second language. How do you get through an Ivy League school without that basic skill....hint: you don't. At least you don't as a traditional student.
Not many Presidents have had the ability to speak or write a second language fluently. George W. Bush certainly wasn't fluent in Spanish, nor Clinton fluent in German. It's the same with Barack and Bahasa Indonesian. This is a moot point. There are plenty of Ivy League graduates who weren't multi-lingual.

As far as seeing his grades, why does this matter? He clearly got into Occidental and Columbia before he had any political clout, and probably Harvard as well. He was president of the Harvard Law Review. Was this all some far-reaching plot to shoehorn in a black president? No. The man is clearly intelligent. I view this like I view the whole birther issue--base political distraction. Even if he provided this info, people would still disbelieve him.

And by calling him an AA appointee, that's opening up a can of ugly worms. You're implying that a black man, that you disagree with, couldn't have possibly done what he has on his own merits. I hope you can see how this line of reasoning is pretty offensive and racial. First of all, no one becomes president without a lot of help, political, financial, you name it. No one. Hell, you could argue that George W. Bush was simply nepotism, and maybe eventually Jeb too, if you want to play that game. But to automatically suggest affirmative action because he's black? Yea, that's low. And people wonder why the Republican party as a diversity problem...

Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 AM

7,371 posts, read 4,622,729 times
Quote:
Reference to Zionism=antisemitism. Unbelievable.

Why do you even entertain yourself with talking grown-up politics when you have no idea what the 101 is?

Most Israeli's will proudly reference themselves as Zionists, as will literally millions of American Jews.

You think Zionist is some kind of slur?

Oy vey.

There should be a basic world literacy test requirement for participation in this forum. This is like talking politics with children.
Did I ever say that Zionists don't exist? No, I didn't. I said that leftists use Zionism as a way of hiding anti-Semitism. Do I think Zionism is some kind of slur? Well, golly gee, yes I do. So does nearly everyone else. White supremacists and radical Muslims have been using "Zionist" as a slur for Jews for decades. For someone who is portraying himself as so intelligent and knowledgeable, why don't you know that?

Proving that X does exist and some people are X in no way whatsoever makes an argument that other people don't use X as a slur. There's an entire black subculture that calls black people the "n" word on a regular basis. Do you want to argue that it means the "n" word isn't a racial slur?

Has Obama involved himself in the internal political elections of Israel where the true self identified Zionists exist? No, he has not. Therefore, your approval of Obama's standing up against Zionism only makes sense in the context of you using Zionists to refer to the entire Israeli government as a whole. The vast majority of people who use the term Zionist to refer to Israel as a whole are doing so as a slur. And your approval of Obama standing up against Zionism is clearly using it pejoratively. So I'm afraid the only logical conclusion is that you were using the Zionist term in a bigoted way.

And even if you have no ill feelings about Jews who do not support Zionism, that doesn't change what you did. You clearly used the word in the exact same way that racists and radical religious nuts use it, to make negative comments about Israel as a whole.

Maybe you didn't intend to use the word in a bigoted way, but you did. So next time if you don't want to be seen as a bigot, then use the word Israel and not Zionists. And then leave the ad hominem attacks out. That would help too.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Not many Presidents have had the ability to speak or write a second language fluently. George W. Bush certainly wasn't fluent in Spanish, nor Clinton fluent in German. It's the same with Barack and Bahasa Indonesian. This is a moot point. There are plenty of Ivy League graduates who weren't multi-lingual.

As far as seeing his grades, why does this matter? He clearly got into Occidental and Columbia before he had any political clout, and probably Harvard as well. He was president of the Harvard Law Review. Was this all some far-reaching plot to shoehorn in a black president? No. The man is clearly intelligent. I view this like I view the whole birther issue--base political distraction. Even if he provided this info, people would still disbelieve him.

And by calling him an AA appointee, that's opening up a can of ugly worms. You're implying that a black man, that you disagree with, couldn't have possibly done what he has on his own merits. I hope you can see how this line of reasoning is pretty offensive and racial. First of all, no one becomes president without a lot of help, political, financial, you name it. No one. Hell, you could argue that George W. Bush was simply nepotism, and maybe eventually Jeb too, if you want to play that game. But to automatically suggest affirmative action because he's black? Yea, that's low. And people wonder why the Republican party as a diversity problem...
Every Ivy League graduate has a basic grasp of a second language, period. His grades are hidden. I'm curious why. We disagree. I don't think Obama is very intelligent. I don't agree with much of anything Henry Lewis Gates comments on, but I respect his intelligence. I respect the intelligence of someone like Thomas Sowell. It's not about race for those two gentlemen because I suspect they would thrive in any profession. It's about competence. I find Obama lacking. Not my fault AA casts a shadow on folks.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:09 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,684,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Did I ever say that Zionists don't exist? No, I didn't. I said that leftists use Zionism as a way of hiding anti-Semitism. Do I think Zionism is some kind of slur? Well, golly gee, yes I do. So does nearly everyone else. White supremacists and radical Muslims have been using "Zionist" as a slur for Jews for decades. For someone who is portraying himself as so intelligent and knowledgeable, why don't you know that?

Proving that X does exist and some people are X in no way whatsoever makes an argument that other people don't use X as a slur. There's an entire black subculture that calls black people the "n" word on a regular basis. Do you want to argue that it means the "n" word isn't a racial slur?

Has Obama involved himself in the internal political elections of Israel where the true self identified Zionists exist? No, he has not. Therefore, your approval of Obama's standing up against Zionism only makes sense in the context of you using Zionists to refer to the entire Israeli government as a whole. The vast majority of people who use the term Zionist to refer to Israel as a whole are doing so as a slur. And your approval of Obama standing up against Zionism is clearly using it pejoratively. So I'm afraid the only logical conclusion is that you were using the Zionist term in a bigoted way.

And even if you have no ill feelings about Jews who do not support Zionism, that doesn't change what you did. You clearly used the word in the exact same way that racists and radical religious nuts use it, to make negative comments about Israel as a whole.

Maybe you didn't intend to use the word in a bigoted way, but you did. So next time if you don't want to be seen as a bigot, then use the word Israel and not Zionists. And then leave the ad hominem attacks out. That would help too.
Rofl shots fired. Wonder if the bigot is going to crawl back out of his hole.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:38 PM

20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Quote:
His grades are hidden. I'm curious why.
they aren't "hidden". they are private records protected under FERPA laws. there's your "why".

to date only one president has released any grades either before or during his presidency. george w. bush released one page of his yale transcript in 2004...... 4 years after the exact same page had been leaked by the new yorker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies