Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 10:10 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What you argued in the first half of your post is your opinion and that is fine, that can be debated if needed, but that isnt what I responded to.

Hawaii4ever, posted outright lies in his example that have never even been the policy of the Democratic Party, nor was it defended or championed by Party members. If you dont want to be a Democrat, thats fine, but Hawaii4ever's post reek of right wing rhetoric, not any actual grievances with the Democratic party. No one who used to be a Democrat would talk about their former party that way. Heck, i was never a Republican and i dont even talk about Republicans that way.

In short, Hawaii4ever isnt talking about educating himself, he is posting right wing rhetoric and trying to sugar coat it in being a "former Democrat".
What was wrong with this part of the post...... I just feel like the Democratic Party used to be a beautiful thing and has become incredibly hypocritical, disappointing, and weak.

Seems about right to me! Any party that has to reach back a 1000 yrs to prove a point is somewhat crazy. Along with acting like thousands of white Christians didn't die to end slavery. Where has this President said one thing positive about Christians or America?

Yep, I can't find nothing wrong with the Dems, nothing at all.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:17 PM

3,728 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'm not saying I'd be a Republican. As a Jew ( I know many hardcore ar-right evangelicals hate us), right now there's too much hatred for me to truly want to be a Republican.
Hawaii4,
I appreciate your candor. One contention I have is your characterization that evangelical Republicans 'hate' Jews. I actually find (anecdotally) the opposite to be true. Conservatives, neo-cons (& the national Republican Party) seem to be the most supportive of Israel, and most reverent of Judeo-Christian religious kinship.

I find that (so-called) Liberals are the most hostile toward, and patronizing, of the traditional Jewish & Christian value systems, (viewed as superstitious, and/or outdated) but..

Old 02-06-2015, 10:54 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Again, that has nothing to do with my post, we are talking about the specific claims made by the OP.

Again, doesnt have anything to do with my post, or what the OP said specifically in his claims about the party. Lets stay on topic.
But I am staying on topic.

We are talking about the dems, right? And the OP's post discusses the dems, correct?

Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What was wrong with this part of the post...... I just feel like the Democratic Party used to be a beautiful thing and has become incredibly hypocritical, disappointing, and weak.

Seems about right to me! Any party that has to reach back a 1000 yrs to prove a point is somewhat crazy. Along with acting like thousands of white Christians didn't die to end slavery. Where has this President said one thing positive about Christians or America?

Yep, I can't find nothing wrong with the Dems, nothing at all.
The problem is that he enver showed how any of that was true other than generalizations that he cant prove and pointing to activist who are not elected members of the party and who's causes have never been part of the Democratic Party's platform.

If you agree with him, thats fine, but the fact remains that he showed no evidence to support his claim.

As for your Obama point, he was not attack Republicans or Christians, only showing that no religion is perfect and that you should not judge a majority by the acts of a minority. Do you disagree with that point, or do you honestly believe he was just there to bash Christians?????

Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
But I am staying on topic.

We are talking about the dems, right? And the OP's post discusses the dems, correct?
We(my post and response to the OP) are talking about the specific aspects that the OP pointed out, so no, you are not correct because the debate is more detailed than that. If you wan to debate/discuss Democrats as a whole, i suggest you post to the forum at large, not my specific post if you feel you can to respond to the specific claims made of the OP.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:22 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
I already did respond to the OP.

Yet you keep harping about the fact that this post needs to have a very, very narrow focus that suits you alone.

In fact, my post have shown (as have others) that today's democrats are not your grandfather's democrats. While many people have finally made that connection, too many low information voters have not.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:34 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Read through this topic and you know who the closed minded, hate-mongers are and it sure ain't the conservatives and republicans posting. We ALL know who the leftist hate-mongers are.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I'm a Jewish conservative. The republican party is far closer to my views. When I was young and ignorant, I was a democrat. Then I became and adult with adult responsibilities. The left is used to lying and lying about republicans is what they do best.

Like someone else posted, join the party and work to change it from within. The op can find a home with republicans or be used by the dems for their agenda.

If you want to see hate, look at the responses from the leftists in this thread and all over cd, DU, etc.
And the right does the same about democrats. It's called politics. And they got you hook, line and sinker instead of thinking for yourself.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I already did respond to the OP.

Yet you keep harping about the fact that this post needs to have a very, very narrow focus that suits you alone.
You responded to my post, not the other way around.

If you had no intention of responding to the content I laid out, then why waist either of our time by responding to me ????

Old 02-06-2015, 11:53 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
As for your Obama point, he was not attack Republicans or Christians, only showing that no religion is perfect and that you should not judge a majority by the acts of a minority. Do you disagree with that point, or do you honestly believe he was just there to bash Christians?????
Not even 48 hours after ISIS shocked the world by releasing their video of an execution they carried out by putting a man in a cage and burning him alive, Obama was saying "We shouldn't get on our high horse" and then talked about the Christian crusades, the Inquisition, slavery and Jim Crow. Basically, his response to an unspeakable act of evil was, "We do bad things, too."

Well, let's see...The crusades happened about 1000 years ago and lasted for about 200 years. But the Muslims had their own 900-year-long "crusade" of bloodily trying to conquer Europe.

The Inquisition happened about 500 years ago and targeted Christians and Jews at least as much as it targeted Muslims.

Obama claimed that slavery was justified in the name of Jesus Christ. He failed to mention that the abolitionist leaders opposed to slavery were Christians. Leading opponents of Jim Crow were also Christian.

I'm sure that ISIS and Al Queda were pleased with Obama's speech, since it dovetailed nicely with their recruitment propaganda claim that we are "crusaders."

Obama doesn't need to OPENLY hate white people, Jews, Christians, capitalism and America...and he doesn't need to OPENLY side with radical Islamists, terrorists, illegal aliens, Communists and race hustlers....in order for it to be crystal clear where he stands on these issues -- along with his Democrat supporters.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-07-2015 at 12:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies