Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 08:12 AM

549 posts, read 456,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Those aren't conflicts.

1) Unions are already controlled via their leadership so the dems can bend em over like they did by joining the Repubs on NAFTA....without repercussion.

2) Ditto. The inner city vote isn't going anywhere. Eff them....they don't make campaign contributions.

3) I don't buy that.

4) There is no opposition to corporatism by EITHER party. The populist crap that gets spewed is just lip service.
#1, #2 and #3: My point is that laws that help one group hurt the other. I agree with you that these groups will continue to vote left in overwhelming numbers.

#4: Well, this is not about theoretical opposition. This is about a practical impact of legislation. From my experience, the more the government regulates and spends, the richer the very top becomes on the backs of the middle class, even when the expected effect is opposite. Modern liberals tend to do more of both, while fiscal conservatives tend to minimize both.
As a result, under a liberal rule, despite being a target of left-wing propaganda, the 1% becomes richer, than they would be under much less vocal fiscally conservative small government policies.
In fact, the rich understand this paradox perfectly well and happily support and fund the left. Buffett and Wall Street executives are a good example.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:30 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'm not saying I'd be a Republican. As a gay man, a person of color and a Jew ( I know many hardcore far-right evangelicals hate us), right now there's too much hatred for me to truly want to be a Republican. I also think women should have equal pay, the right to choose, and that everyone should pay their fair share. However, I find myself having more in common with the Republicans than the Democrats. So many people in the left are just too PC to acknowledge problems we have in the world. Islamic terrorism being one of them. The far-left spreads lies about Israel, defending Hezbollah and Hamas (both of whom are terrorist groups who want to see the West destroyed), for no other reason than anti-Semitism and trying to appease Muslims. They also refuse to call ISIS and other terrorist groups "Islamic", because they're too afraid of offending people. Furthermore, there's a real lack of unity or God from that party. I'm not saying you have to be a hardcore Bible-thumper, but I think a real problem with our society today is that we "worship things instead of worshipping God". (And I don't have a problem with atheism, btw). I just feel like the Democratic Party used to be a beautiful thing and has become incredibly hypocritical, disappointing, and weak.

I guess I'd consider myself a Centrist or a moderate Republican.
Geez, what a whiner… and where did you ever get the idea that you're so "entitled" to 'have it all'?! Although since you seem to prefer that everyone should march in ideological "lock step", hate on 'muzlims' and "luv the Lord", then by all means, go join the Republicans. No doubt they'll welcome you with open arms (although no guarantees re: the gay, minority, or 'non-christian' parts… freedoms which you blithely seem to take for granted among Dems)!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:49 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Geez, what a whiner… and where did you ever get the idea that you're so "entitled" to 'have it all'?! Although since you seem to prefer that everyone should march in ideological "lock step", hate on 'muzlims' and "luv the Lord", then by all means, go join the Republicans. No doubt they'll welcome you with open arms (although no guarantees re: the gay, minority, or 'non-christian' parts… freedoms which you blithely seem to take for granted among Dems)!

I find it interesting that the majority of people slamming Hawaii are democrats.

Who says we all have to fit into a box??? I find more fault in someone who can't think outside it!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Join the club. The Democrat Party’s Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism

Old 02-06-2015, 08:59 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I find it interesting that the majority of people slamming Hawaii are democrats.

Who says we all have to fit into a box??? I find more fault in someone who can't think outside it!
So much for tolerance and open mindedness from liberals.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So much for tolerance and open mindedness from liberals.
No where in the definition of either of those phrases does it say you have to tolerate or be open to outright lies.

you are being intellectually dishonest to say so. And if you claim I am wrong, then you are saying you should be tolerant of Democrats saying Republicans are racist, and only want to help the rich.

Quote:

He is being slammed because what he is saying are lies,either he made them up himself or he is being fed them by a right wing friend or news site

Old 02-06-2015, 09:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:

Coming on here and telling us about your personal political journey and how miserable you are within your own party is lame.

You don't like it? Leave. No one is forced to belong to any political parties.

What are we supposed to do? Offer a hug? Geez.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:

you mean to tell me Dems are slamming a person for wanting to leave their party?

wow.. so shocked.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:32 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'm not saying I'd be a Republican. As a gay man, a person of color and a Jew ( I know many hardcore far-right evangelicals hate us), right now there's too much hatred for me to truly want to be a Republican. I also think women should have equal pay, the right to choose, and that everyone should pay their fair share. However, I find myself having more in common with the Republicans than the Democrats. So many people in the left are just too PC to acknowledge problems we have in the world. Islamic terrorism being one of them. The far-left spreads lies about Israel, defending Hezbollah and Hamas (both of whom are terrorist groups who want to see the West destroyed), for no other reason than anti-Semitism and trying to appease Muslims. They also refuse to call ISIS and other terrorist groups "Islamic", because they're too afraid of offending people. Furthermore, there's a real lack of unity or God from that party. I'm not saying you have to be a hardcore Bible-thumper, but I think a real problem with our society today is that we "worship things instead of worshipping God". (And I don't have a problem with atheism, btw). I just feel like the Democratic Party used to be a beautiful thing and has become incredibly hypocritical, disappointing, and weak.

I guess I'd consider myself a Centrist or a moderate Republican.
So you're a triple threat to the haters because you're a gay, non white Jew, but you still want to hate too. Yeah, I see your dilemma.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:34 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Kewl.

I don't think I know a single person in the US that is not disappointed with both the Democrat AND Republican parties.

The answer is not to switch from one establishment to the next-the two major political parties can silence your voice, especially today as they are owned and controlled by moneyed interest. Detach yourself completely from both parties and think and vote like an Independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies