Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 05:26 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
To prove your point you cite 4 verses out of the Old Testament, none from the New Testament of course.
You want something from the New Testament? Here ya go....

Mathew 5:17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"

So what does that mean? It means that the Old Testament was and is just as relevant after Jesus came to Earth as it was before. Where Christians get this idea that the Old Testament somehow became irrelevant after the coming of Jesus is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Christians did believe in a religion of death and hate.
Read the Gosphels and the old testament.
It will really scare the crap out of you!

It was an eye for an eye.

The Crusades started when the Muslims were massacring Christians in Spain, because they were Christian.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"

So what does that mean? It means that the Old Testament was and is just as relevant after Jesus came to Earth as it was before. Where Christians get this idea that the Old Testament somehow became irrelevant after the coming of Jesus is beyond me.

Some of The Gospels in the Old Testament, were written 200 years before Jesus. They told of Jesus of his coming, before his arrival.

The New testament was written, approx. 220 years after Christs crucifixion
The Gospels which comprise the New Testament were written by about 110 AD

Old 02-06-2015, 06:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Some of The Gospels in the Old Testament, were written 200 years before Jesus. They told of Jesus of his coming, before his arrival.

The New testament was written, approx. 220 years after Christs crucifixion
The Gospels which comprise the New Testament were written by about 110 AD
And? Jesus said that he didn't come to abolish the old law, but to fulfill it. So why do many Christians act as if quoting the Old Testament is irrelevant?

Old 02-06-2015, 07:11 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Ok. I never said the Old Testament was irrelevant.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
At what point is there going to be a thread on the meaning of what President OBama actually said and not what Republicans wanted him to say.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:23 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Show me what passage in the Bible tells christians to kill in the name of their religion.

Jesus Christ DIED for his religion.
Muhammad KILLED for his relgion.

There is no comparison. Barack is a terrorist sympathizer and should be impeached for giving "aid and comfort" to the enemy.
Yep. They even bastardized the word martyr. In Christianity, a martyr is one who innocently dies holding to his or her belief.

In Islam, a martyr is someone who dies while murdering the innocent Christian or Jew.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:46 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Can't rep you for some reason, but great post.

It is SHOCKING how ignorant and detached this president behaves. One simply could not make this stuff up -it is so outrageous and absurd.

Thank God we have only 1 and 3/4 years remaining for this lunatic. His actions have become more and more bizarre to suggest that he is either a true "Manchurian Candidate", has a drug habit, or is simply retreating into insanity.

Please......................... no more black Muslim presidents!

Old 02-07-2015, 03:23 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Having listened to the complete speech I did not see Obama attemptting to "create a moral relativism."

It seems to me that the critics of the speech are the ones making a moral relativism argument.

In my opinion, it is hard to argue with Obama assertion which was people distorting religion for evil deeds "is not unique to one group or one religion."
please show me ANY quote from Christianity showing convert or die.....

let's see.....

you have peaceful WESTERNIZED Muslims

then you have the orthodox Sunni's..... who are a major part of the extremists

then you have the super extremists.......

meanwhile Muslim is the 2ndbiggest religion in the world, and nearing 1st.....and Sunni (orthodox) is the biggest part of the Muslim religion.....extreme, especially under sharia law...believe in stoning of women.....push for everyone to convert....or die

what is going on is the start of the next crusades ......just like back in the 900's and the early middle ages.... they are pushing for world wide conversion .....and they are extreme

what the orthodox extremists Sunni's say:

Quote:
Muslims are commanded to fight unbelievers until they are either dead, converted to Islam, or in a permanent state of subjugation under Muslim domination. Allowing people of other faiths to live and worship independently of Islamic rule is not an option.

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (8:39) - “And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.” Translation from the Noble Quran

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." Suras 9 and 5 are the last "revelations" that Muhammad handed down - hence abrogating what came before, which includes the oft-quoted verse 2:256 -"Let there be no compulsion in religion...".

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..." Prayer and charity are among the Five Pillars of Islam, as salat and zakat. See below. Islam sanctions violence as a means of coercing religion.

Qur'an (9:11) - (Continued from above) "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion" This confirms that Muhammad is speaking of conversion to Islam.

Quran (9:56-57) - "And they swear by Allah that they are most surely of you, and they are not of you, but they are a people who are afraid (of you). If they could find a refuge or cave or a place to enter into, they would certainly have turned thereto, running away in all haste." This refers to people living among Muhammad's own people who may not be true believers, but have to pretend to be in order to survive. They have no safe refuge to which to escape the Muslims. If Islam were a religion of peace, then why the fear?

Qur'an (2:193) - "And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers." The key phrase is to fight until "religion be only for Allah."

Qur'an (3:83) - "Are they seeking a religion other than Allah's, when every soul in the heavens and the earth has sub mitted to Him, willingly or by compulsion?" So much for the earlier verse (2:256) stating that there is "no compulsion in religion".

From the Hadith:

Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat." The first part of this condition is the Shahada, or profession of faith in Islam. Violence is sanctioned until the victims embrace Muhammad's religion.

Bukhari (8:387) - "Allah's Apostle said, 'I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah.'"

Bukhari (53:392) - "While we were in the Mosque, the Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews" We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it, otherwise you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle."

Bukhari (60:80) - "The Verse:--'You (true Muslims) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind.' means, the best of peoples for the people, as you bring them with chains on their necks till they embrace Islam."

Bukhari (60:40) - "...:And fight them till there is no more affliction (i.e. no more worshiping of others along with Allah)." 'Affliction' of Muslims is explicitly defined here being a condition in which others worship a different god other than Allah. Muslims are commanded to use violence to 'rectify' the situation.

Bukhari (59:643) - "Testify that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, or else I will chop off your neck!" Words of a military leader that Muhammad sent on an expedition with the mission of destroying a local religion in Yemen.

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 959 - Then the apostle sent Khalid bin Walid… to the Banu al-Harith and ordered him to invite them to Islam three days before he attacked them. If they accepted then he was to accept it from them, and if they declined he was to fight them. So Khalid set out and came to them, and sent out riders in all directions inviting the people to Islam, saying, “If you accept Islam you will be safe.” So the men accepted Islam as they were invited. The text goes on to say that Khalid taught the al-Harith about Islam after their "conversion," proving that it was based on fear of slaughter rather than a free and intelligent decision.

Ibn Kathir (Commenting on Quran 2:256, which says "let there be no compulsion in religion") - "Therefore all people of the world should be called to Islam. If anyone of them refuses to do so, or refuses to pay the jizya, they should be fought till they are killed."

its not about fear......its a risk assessment

isis has even said that sunni Saudi Arabia is ''too westernized ''

sunnis(orthodox islamics ) have a large population in turkey, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, boznia, chad, Cyprus , Djibouti , Egypt, Ethiopia , Gambia, guinea , iran, Iraq, Jordan , Kosovo , Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan , Lebanon, Libya , morocco , oman, Pakistan, the gaza strip, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, somolia, sudan, sierra Leone , Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan , UAE, yeman

this isn't about the USA being involved in the middle east....its about an extremist religion trying to ''convert the world''

Old 02-07-2015, 06:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The thing is, Christians as a people and as a religion have evolved and transformed. There was no longer an accepted place in Christianity for racism, bigotry, slavery, etc.. Meanwhile Islam retains all of these things, with people still stoned to death for being gays, apostates, adulterers, etc...

Christianity has most definitely evolved past the crusades, while Islamic states in the 21st century still conduct holy wars and want to conquer the world in the name of Allah and Islam.
Why did Christianity have to evolve? For what?

Why did Christians have to evolve?

Did their Bibles change all of a sudden?

The truth is, PEOPLE evolved as they became more liberated, educated, and more secular.

If the church had its way, we'd still be in the Dark Ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies