U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:54 PM

32,117 posts, read 16,512,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
It doesn't assume anything. A Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or Hindu can also say "Have a Blessed Day"...those 4 word don't pertain only to Christianity at all.

This is just more silliness from liberals to take away attention from those radical Muslim barbarians in the Middle East, which they deem as "non-Islamic". It's another pathetic attempt by liberals to get people to loathe nice Christians while coming to the defense of/apologizing for Muslim terrorists.
Well - that escalated quickly.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:57 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,268,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
It doesn't assume anything. A Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or Hindu can also say "Have a Blessed Day"...those 4 word don't pertain only to Christianity at all.

This is just more silliness from liberals to take away attention from those radical Muslim barbarians in the Middle East, which they deem as "non-Islamic". It's another pathetic attempt by liberals to get people to loathe nice Christians while coming to the defense of/apologizing for Muslim terrorists.
That is NOT why people get upset about it and you know it.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:09 PM

5,203 posts, read 3,735,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well - that escalated quickly.
Excalation was the whole point of the thread. That way those deliberately seeking out something to be offended by, could declare their offense. Those who are offended could call those doing the offending, small minded bigots. Those not offended could trash those who claim offense, and call them some derivative of candy assed pu$$ies. Same old same old and the world keeps burning, while we keep talking about stupid sh*t.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:35 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,221,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
How is something as harmless, and simple as a well wish like "have a blessed day" offensive?
There was a recent article on this. I would never say it, but it doesn't really bother me either. But the article I read pointed out how ridiculous it is to say "I'm blessed by...I'm blessed because" or "Have a blessed day". The implication is that your god is giving you some blessing over others, as if you're better or more deserving than other people. And really, nobody truly knows if any god is actually "blessing" anyone. It's just a stupid saying... usually offered by less-educated people.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:04 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,208,333 times
Its just something people say at least where I am from. I am basically agnostic leaning atheist and I really have no problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies