U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 PM

1,945 posts, read 1,335,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

6) No, Canada does not kill it's old people because they are going to die anyway.
No, old people just end up dying faster from neglect that the government does not provide. Every been into a care home for the elderly? Imagine those who have advanced dementia or suffered from a stroke or heart attack with no support to rely on but the staff. They definitely die a lot quicker.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:06 PM

5,691 posts, read 6,534,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
No, old people just end up dying faster from neglect that the government does not provide. Every been into a care home for the elderly? Imagine those who have advanced dementia or suffered from a stroke or heart attack with no support to rely on but the staff. They definitely die a lot quicker.
A lot quicker than what? What are you comparing to?

Old 08-24-2017, 05:13 PM

1,945 posts, read 1,335,552 times
Quote:
A lot quicker than what? What are you comparing to?
Comparing to if they had a support staff of family or close friends to check up on them to see if the facility is doing a proper job of taking care of the elderly.

Nursing homes are atrocious here in Vancouver. Overcrowded and the staff are overworked or don't care. They tend to ignore those who have no support because they know no one will complain. It's sad.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Comparing to if they had a support staff of family or close friends to check up on them to see if the facility is doing a proper job of taking care of the elderly.

Nursing homes are atrocious here in Vancouver. Overcrowded and the staff are overworked or don't care. They tend to ignore those who have no support because they know no one will complain. It's sad.
I'm sure that's the case everywhere.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:35 PM

15,878 posts, read 6,248,592 times
Quote:
6) No, Canada does not kill it's old people because they are going to die anyway.
When did the Saskatchewan government stop putting its old folk out to die with seals on the ice floes off its coast?

Old 08-25-2017, 12:16 AM

7,219 posts, read 6,572,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
When did the Saskatchewan government stop putting its old folk out to die with seals on the ice floes off its coast?

When did Saskatchewan have a coast?

Old 08-25-2017, 12:38 PM

18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

You missed the sarcasm subtly put there for Stockyman's benefit

Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You missed the sarcasm subtly put there for Stockyman's benefit
I think he confused Manitoba with Saskatchewan since Manitoba is known for putting its old folks out on ice floes on Hudson's Bay.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:54 PM

12,680 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Quote:

I have a lot of experience with various nursing homes in the area. My grandmother was in one, my friends father is currently in one, another friends mother, and my mother has been thinking about going, so I've been looking at some of them and another friend had his mother moved from the interior to a home here in Vancouver as well.

My experience is that the homes are fine, and would never use the term atrocious in any of the ones I've seen.
All of the people I know that have experience with Coastal Health and Fraser Health have nothing but good things to say.

Sounds like you had a bad experience and are applying that to all.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:36 PM

15,878 posts, read 6,248,592 times
Quote:
I think he confused Manitoba with Saskatchewan since Manitoba is known for putting its old folks out on ice floes on Hudson's Bay.
I assumed that most Canadian elders were taken up to Kugluktuk (formerly Coppermine) and deposited on ice floes or fed to the Arctic wolves.

As far as the locations I don't think so. I took Rick Mercer at his word.

I would assume that most Americans could find all 10 provinces and three territories on a map and name their capitals. I know nothing about Canada and can do that easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies