Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:02 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,434,858 times

Advertisements

Boy, heads are going to be exploding in the more theological based citizenry of some countries.

On assisted suicide, the Supreme Court confronts Parliament

Long overdue and it will finally force discussion in Parliament whereupon the majority of population's feelings about this issue may be eventually heard.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-09-2018 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: Edited thread title for clarification.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:23 PM

14,723 posts, read 14,892,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Boy, heads are going to be exploding in the more theological based citizenry of some countries.

Long overdue and it will finally force discussion in Parliament whereupon the majority of population's feelings about this issue may be eventually heard.
Personally I don't care about exploding heads in theologically based citizenry of other countries. It's none of their business what we do in Canada and they can all go take a flying leap off a bridge into an abyss for all I care. I do agree with you that this issue is long overdue and I think the law the way it is right now causes more harm than good. I hope there will be an opportunity for all of Canada's population to be heard in this matter and hope that they'll all have the good sense to think for themselves and keep their thoughts about their gods out of it.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,434,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Personally I don't care about exploding heads in theologically based citizenry of other countries. It's none of their business what we do in Canada and they can all go take a flying leap off a bridge into an abyss for all I care. I do agree with you that this issue is long overdue and I think the law the way it is right now causes more harm than good. I hope there will be an opportunity for all of Canada's population to be heard in this matter and hope that they'll all have the good sense to think for themselves and keep their thoughts about their gods out of it.

I agree completely.

We will nevertheless be entertained by those who preach some form of religious zealotry regardless.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:46 PM

14,723 posts, read 14,892,538 times
Our local CTV news station just did a poll of viewers asking if they agreed or disagreed with the Supreme Court's decision. They just announced the results and 74% of those who answered the poll are in agreement with the Supreme Court decision. I'm curious about whether or not other media will be doing polls and what their results will be.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:55 PM

564 posts, read 1,038,123 times
Finally.

Someday we'll look back and wonder what took so long, same as we did for issues like women voting, gay marriage, and every other step forward.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:23 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,800,202 times
For anyone familiar with the plight of the Brittany Maynard's of the world, you can't help but to come to the conclusion that we are moving in the right direction on this matter. Was Stephen Harper a part of this in terms of Leadership... Right, probably not....

Last edited by fusion2; 02-06-2015 at 09:35 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 04:35 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,046,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
Finally.

Someday we'll look back and wonder what took so long, same as we did for issues like women voting, gay marriage, and every other step forward.
Indeed!

Old 02-10-2015, 12:34 AM

987 posts, read 1,309,523 times
It's about time. As long as the person is of sound mind, it's not anybody's bloody business what one decides to do with their life or their bodies.

This could be quite divisive as I imagine support for it is much lower in Western Canada {especially the Prairies} than it is in Ontario and Quebec especially due to the much stronger presence of the religious right in Western Canada as opposed to Central.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:59 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,518,858 times
Many of the people opposed to this are "disabled" people who correctly view this as a threat to their rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Old 02-10-2015, 03:05 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,518,858 times
Hmmm, interesting. You want Canadians' voices to be heard, but if they happen to have a religious perspective, then they have no right to express it. Basically you just want the discussion to fit into your narrow atheistic (and apparently morally bankrupt) parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.