U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 06:26 AM

21,232 posts, read 14,256,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
This should put an end to all those complaints that Hillary Clinton is too old to run for President. Joe Arpaio is 82. He makes even Jerry Brown look like a spring chicken!
The hell he does!
Even if he wasn't an egomaniac, any Sheriff who is 82 years old is too old to be in law enforcement, period. A Sheriff has to be physically fit enough to lead his deputies from the front once in a while, and no person in his 80s can do that, period.

It's time for Joe To Go. After 24 years, even if he was much younger, it's time the Maricopa Sheriff's office got some new blood as leadership. Joe is no longer a Sheriff. He's nothing but an ancient over-the-hill politico with fuzzy notions of being much more important than he is.

What is he really? A county level politician who has wasted far too much county money, resources and time on things that have nothing to do with his position. If he was running again anywhere else in the country he would lose by a mile. I'm sure that Arizona has plenty of younger law enforcement professionals who are just as conservative as Arpaio who can do a much better job than Joe does now. The man is not irreplaceable. And he's not immortal, either.

Liberals in extreme distress? I think not. No one expects Arpaio to go quietly in the night. Of course he was going to run again! No one with his arrogance and ego ever just quits, especially at his age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 04:09 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,422,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There was no direct quote....I just wanted to see where he told those commie liberals....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, unless you mean the OP was just trying to smear joe....and you agree with that smear....now that makes sense....
Oh so you are trying to say Joe likes liberals and doesn't think they are commies? Why do I not buy that one?

Old 02-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you canít look away" (set 28 days ago)

17,988 posts, read 8,120,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hummmm, not a word of what you say is mentioned in the link you provided, maybe you can show us where that article say that...
Maybe she is referring to her own busted gut, produced by her uncontrollable gales of laughter when she heard the news.

I sympathize, I am having the same problem!

Old 02-07-2015, 04:56 PM

14,210 posts, read 10,070,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Maybe she is referring to her own busted gut, produced by her uncontrollable gales of laughter when she heard the news.

I sympathize, I am having the same problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies