Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
They have. And the USA was 100% behind them, unlike Western liberals or Muslims who said Israel was wrong in the situation. Now, Obama and Kerry have joined in and keep telling Israel to "have restraint" and "meet them halfway", failing to recognize that they're up against terrorists.
I don't give a rat's ass what anyone in the American government has told Israel, if Israel doesn't do what it feels to be in its own interests it's on them, nobody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 11:06 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
You act as if Iran doesn't want to wipe out the USA and our other allies as well.
Given how Saudi Arabians orchestrated 9/11 with financing from Saudi princes, I say I hope Iran smashes our "ally" to bits.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You act as if Iran doesn't want to wipe out the USA and our other allies as well.
You say that as if wanting something is the same thing as having the capability to do something.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:35 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Given how Saudi Arabians orchestrated 9/11 with financing from Saudi princes, I say I hope Iran smashes our "ally" to bits.
I hope so too. But I wasn't referring to any Arab countries when I meant "allies"--I should've clarified that. I meant India and the West, along with Israel.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You say that as if wanting something is the same thing as having the capability to do something.
If we stand by and twiddle our thumbs while "negotiating" instead of being proactive, then they very well may get that capability to build and deploy a nuclear device.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
If we stand by and twiddle our thumbs while "negotiating" instead of being proactive, then they very well may get that capability to build and deploy a nuclear device.
Proactive just HOW? Another unnecessary war of choice? Do you really believe ISIS would even exist right now had we not launched an ill-conceived invasion/occupation of Iraq? I think we're far too quick to act while spending far too little time considering the potential consequences of those actions.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Proactive just HOW? Another unnecessary war of choice? Do you really believe ISIS would even exist right now had we not launched an ill-conceived invasion/occupation of Iraq? I think we're far too quick to act while spending far too little time considering the potential consequences of those actions.
We don't necessarily need a war. Maybe some type of evacuation squad to get as many innocents out of there as possible, and then "take care of them" like we did to Nagasaki.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
We don't necessarily need a war. Maybe some type of evacuation squad to get as many innocents out of there as possible, and then "take care of them" like we did to Nagasaki.
That's not war?

And just how would you propose determining just who the 'innocents' are after we announce we're gonna save all the innocents and vaporize the rest? I kinda think there'd be some lying going on after that.

I'd be much more comfortable telling every nation in the region they can either learn to live together or they can die together and messing with the US will result in their vaporization.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:16 PM

We start with children, as well as Yazidis, Christians and Kurds who live in more isolated and homogenous areas that are easy to distinguish from radicals and their supporters.

And who said we'd announce dropping a nuke? Did we announce it to Japan?

Old 02-08-2015, 01:59 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
We start with children, as well as Yazidis, Christians and Kurds who live in more isolated and homogenous areas that are easy to distinguish from radicals and their supporters.

And who said we'd announce dropping a nuke? Did we announce it to Japan?
1st how would you know that a child is not radicalized? Believe it or not but if you ever see kkk/white power rallies with entire families or even lets take as an example the westboro baptist church who bring their children along to hold signs saying "GODS HATE ****". Kids can be just as bad as adults maybe some can be changed but for the most part they will always have that belief in their mind after all most kids idolize their parents and want to be like them. 2nd
If we dropped a nuke on iran it would certianly vaporize iran but than we'd have to contend with much of the middle east being irradiated including our "allies" Isreal, Yemen, Qatar, Saudi Arabia which by the way has VERY close ties to u.s. businesses. And not even stopping their the wind can blow the harmful particles far.

Not to mention but why are we to only bomb Iran for having nukes when Pakistan has them ? I'd be more worried of Pakistan having them than also what's to stop us from just being content with blowing Iran up? Maybe we could re-start the cold war with putin, tell me how many cons do you think would jump ship to want to be near their idiol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies