Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:46 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Oh give me a break! The amount of men raped is MINISCULE compared to the amount of women raped.
How much time have you spent in prison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:46 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This. This so much.

I also love the thing that "all federal drug felons, and rapists should be executed"

So we should go execute 96,554 drug felons alone? Nice! That should impress the world.

Also fun fact, if you include prison rapes, more men are raped every year then women. Not sure if I agree with how they do their statistics, .

Quite the ironic name for the OP who wants to execute 1/10th of a million people....and thats only if we execute the ones in jail.
Huh? Where did I say all federal drug felons should be executed? On the contrary, I think all drugs should be legalized. If someone screws up their life/dies because they OD on drugs it's on them, but they shouldn't be wasting tax payer money putting them behind bars.

Nor did I say all rapists should necessarily be executed, but I do advocate MUCH harsher sentences such as at least 20 years for rape.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
How much time have you spent in prison?
Well, I was talking about just out an about. Men don't typically get grabbed off the street by other men and get raped. As for those that get raped in jail, so what? They obviously did something to deserve it.

Quote:
Well, I was talking about just out an about. Men don't typically get grabbed off the street by other men and get raped. As for those that get raped in jail, so what? They obviously did something to deserve it.
yeah, they must have dressed provocatively, and deserved a action to be taken against them thats sentenced just below murder.

692 posts, read 956,687 times
Quote:
Oh give me a break! The amount of men raped is MINISCULE compared to the amount of women raped.
Not when you consider the number of men who were molested as young boys. And men are infinitely less likely to press charges against their rapists.

And most women aren't pulled off the street and raped either. For the most part, rapes are comitted by people who know their victims.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:49 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Huh? Where did I say all federal drug felons should be executed? On the contrary, I think all drugs should be legalized. If someone screws up their life/dies because they OD on drugs it's on them, but they shouldn't be wasting tax payer money putting them behind bars.

Nor did I say all rapists should necessarily be executed, but I do advocate MUCH harsher sentences such as at least 20 years for rape.
You do far more harm for your argument than good.

Quote:
EXACTLY!! The fact the upon conviction they aren't IMMEDIATELY taken out back, have their clothes removed then spend a few hours with a pole being shoved up their ass for a few hours than given a bullet to the back of the head is INSANE! I'd love to see how judges that have wives/daughters raped feel about it; judging from what I've seen probably not much.
Not only are you not able to make a valid point, you can't even be honest with the ones you do make.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:53 AM

Sure seems like either we have some men here that have raped, thought about raping, or just don't care if women are raped.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Now I realize that in theory rape is considered one of the worst crimes one can commit, but in practice why are the "sentences" rapists get almost always a complete joke? I follow criminal cases online of all sorts of things and time after time after time convicted rapists may get 1 or even 2 years in prison if the woman that has been raped is lucky. People caught with pot get WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY harsher sentences even despite the fact it's nowhere NEAR as bad as rape which traumatizes women for years, plenty for their whole lives with PTSD.

Maybe it's harsher in other countries, but in the U.S of A if you rape a woman you certainly don't have to worry about getting punished that badly for it even despite the magnitude of the crime. There was a case awhile back where a rapist only got 30 days in jail and some community service, W....T...F????

Do we just have some very pig headed sexist ***** for judges that think rape is just not the big a deal and don't give a **** about women? If their own daughters were raped do you think they'd give anymore of a ****? There is NO reason why a convicted rapist shouldn't be doing AT LEAST 20 years for it (with hopefully some prison rape thrown in for good measure). Is it any wonder that rape is so common in America when rapists get off with a slap on the wrist? Again, someone caught with weed routinely get sent to the slammer for decades yet traumatizing a woman very likely for life apparently most judges don't see as that big a deal get off with just a few years if that.

So why is that?
I'm not buying that figure. Convicted rapists in American typically get way more prison time than that. What I do believe is that rapists in other Democratic countries on Europe and Canada often get lighter sentences than in the US, but still, even they get more than 1-2 years.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Sure seems like either we have some men here that have raped, thought about raping, or just don't care if women are raped.
Nope, many just prefer facts. And we do in fact care, quite a bit. If you want reasoned discussion most of us would be all for that. But the frothing at the mouth hatred you exhibit is not reasonable.

You completely ignore male victims because apparently...they are male so dont matter.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Nope, many just prefer facts. And we do in fact care, quite a bit. If you want reasoned discussion most of us would be all for that. But the frothing at the mouth hatred you exhibit is not reasonable.

You completely ignore male victims because apparently...they are male so dont matter.
They don't matter. Since 99% of the time when men do get raped it's by other men they have no one to blame but their gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies