Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:08 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,569,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm not buying that figure. Convicted rapists in American typically get way more prison time than that. What I do believe is that rapists in other Democratic countries on Europe and Canada often get lighter sentences than in the US, but still, even they get more than 1-2 years.
Care to link to some articles of men in the US getting harsh sentences for rape?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:10 AM

51 posts, read 60,430 times
Your anger just seems so misplaced to me. If you want to talk about psychopathic criminals getting away with rape, then look at wall street.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:11 AM

14,772 posts, read 17,042,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
They don't matter. Since 99% of the time when men do get raped it's by other men they have no one to blame but their gender.
Get some professional help.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alester237 View Post
Your anger just seems so misplaced to me. If you want to talk about psychopathic criminals getting away with rape, then look at wall street.
Yeah, because men stealing money is anywhere near as bad as rape.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:20 AM

19,704 posts, read 11,960,010 times
Quote:
Care to link to some articles of men in the US getting harsh sentences for rape?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You did nothing to back up your claims outside of accusations. On the internet that many times makes them factual for some but as a legitimate position, it does not.

Life Sentence.

Tulsa man gets life sentence after using Facebook to lure rape victim - Tulsa World: Crimewatch

Life Sentence.

Auto repairman gets 8 life sentences for raping 9 women | www.ajc.com

Life sentence.

Baltimore man gets life in prison for woman's rape | Baltimore City News - WBAL Home

"Rape and sexual assault are among the most horrific of crimes, and we are deeply gratified to have secured a conviction and a life sentence for this defendant. I thank and commend everyone involved in this case, but most especially the victim, who demonstrated tremendous courage throughout this long and difficult process. I can only hope that this outcome will help her to achieve a sense of closure," said State’s Attorney Gregg Bernstein.

Life Sentence.

Ex-Cop Gets Life Sentence for Raping Women While On Duty

Life Sentence.

Ex-Navy reservist sentenced to life for Norfolk rape | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

There are hundreds of similar examples. Some of the ones I provided were because of more than one rape but I imagine that's a part of the problem in cases with lighter sentences. With one it many times becomes more difficult to prove rape and the woman would rather accept a plea deal where the man gets less time but she doesn't have to go through a trial.

With more than one it becomes far easier to prove and in the cases where proof is overwhelming, the sentences are indeed harsh in many cases. (harsh being relative, the correct word being, proper).

Post 10 on the first page of your thread answered this question.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Post 10 on the first page of your thread answered this question.
If you read those you'll see that all but one involved MULTIPLE rapes! If you talk about cases where just one woman is raped it's VERY rare they get any kind of real punishment.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:43 AM

692 posts, read 951,851 times
Quote:
If you read those you'll see that all but one involved MULTIPLE rapes! If you talk about cases where just one woman is raped it's VERY rare they get any kind of real punishment.
you seem obsessed with rape. I'd get help for that

Old 02-08-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
you seem obsessed with rape. I'd get help for that
Maybe it's because it's something that I, as a woman must contend with, as do other women. As a man, you obviously don't give a crap.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:53 AM

26,816 posts, read 15,047,517 times

Old 02-08-2015, 09:55 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,332,503 times
Quote:
Huh? Where did I say all federal drug felons should be executed?
Peace, you didn't say it, I did,

and yes I believe it too. The only way to stop something is with fear, fear of death. so yes I would execute drug felon and all dealers and propberly some weed smokers too. I don't think drugs should be legal. I think it should be so illegal that people be afraid to touch it. drugs and crime go hand in hand, get rid of the drug use and crime would stop almost all together, oh there be some but i feel 70% would stop, umemployemt go down to about 3%, welfare would drop. and yes somebody going say alcohol, that a thought too.

crime is a business, the cops know who doing it. but if get rid of the business then cops be unemployed

so yes, drug felons should be executed right there beside rapist, we could have a express lane.people thank about 20% of population in orison, I could solve that problem real quick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies