Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 02:54 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Extra! Extra!
Retired accountant makes blog post about things he doesn't understand!
An accountant is good at crunching number and tracking down accounting errors. And that is what he did.

When you attack the person you've lost.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you took the time to read the study I linked to, you would realize that in a warming world additional CO2 will retard plant growth, not enhance it....
and if you had ever bothered to read what the experts say, you would know that they are talking about CO2 levels ABOVE 1500ppm, and we are far from that level.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Dear Mr. T-310:

I'm not going to agrue with you about the facts; there's no arguing with the facts. As I stated in my post, supra, the fact of global warming is based on scientific evidence. While I am not attempting to convince you of the facts, I ask only that you watch this short video about the melting ice and come to your own conclusions: James Balog: Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss | Talk Video | TED.com

Thank you,
Wendell Phillips
The earth heats and cools periodically.

Man notwithstanding.

Thank you.

Anything else is conjecture, theory and you have no facts. Just the aforementioned theory.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:11 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
well see the data is being "processed" in a way that constitutes academic fraud rather than good science.
Please show that this was found to constitute academic fraud. Don't show me other denialists making the same claim that it constitutes academic fraud, that's not worth any more than you saying the same thing twice is. Show me the investigations that confirm your claims. Real investigations, not bloggers looking at things they don't understand and deciding it's fraud because it contradicts the lies of Republican scum.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Ever talk to plants and watch them grow better?
I've talked to plants and watched them repeat denialist talking points, is that the same thing?

Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I've talked to plants and watched them repeat denialist talking points, is that the same thing?
But I'm a true believer in global warming. I just think it is a good idea. Not a bad one. I remember when they were talking about how fossil fuel use was going to cause the next ice age. The cure is the same even though the problem has done a 180. I'll take warmer over colder any day.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Please show that this was found to constitute academic fraud. Don't show me other denialists making the same claim that it constitutes academic fraud, that's not worth any more than you saying the same thing twice is. Show me the investigations that confirm your claims. Real investigations, not bloggers looking at things they don't understand and deciding it's fraud because it contradicts the lies of Republican scum.
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...south-america/ That is the implication of this blog post.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:46 PM

Your link goes to some blog, so I didn't bother with it. I thought I was quite clear when I said a link to a blog that repeats your claims is no better than you just saying the same thing twice. Why not skip the middle man and just link to the investigations that confirm your claim of academic fraud? Assuming there is such an investigation, of course.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:54 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
actually you are wrong this is the source of the lies. https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...south-america/ not Christophore Booker. Now who is lying is the Question isn't it? He Accurately reported what his source said. Show me the lie!!!!
Here is the lie....It is Booker's lie....It was Berkeley Earth that processed the data, and as anyone can plainly see in the graph included on their site, the processed data is almost virtually identical to the raw data...There is no discernible difference.

Berkeley Earth

Old 02-11-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here is the lie....It is Booker's lie....It was Berkeley Earth that processed the data, and as anyone can plainly see in the graph included on their site, the processed data is almost virtually identical to the raw data...There is no discernible difference.

Berkeley Earth
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...south-america/
Have you gone there and looked? Three reporting stations out of how many? But where they were had a lot of weight. So virtually identical and identical. In % of data I'd bet it was small. In conclusion to the outcome? big difference.

Quote:
There is no discernible difference.
Looking at the graph on the blog I can see a difference. But then again I can't tell what you can see or not see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies