Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And how many people has this radical hate group who claims to be Christian based killed in the past twenty years? And how many people have radical Muslim groups killed in the past twenty years - heck, I don't even expect you to try to add that up - how 'bout in the past two years???? Two months? They've probably killed more people in the past two WEEKS than the Aryan Nation members have EVER killed.

Just for some perspective.
The issue is not who is worse. The issue is about generalizing an entire group of people based on the actions of a few.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:31 PM

587 posts, read 961,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
The issue is not who is worse. The issue is about generalizing an entire group of people based on the actions of a few.
I think that Bill Maher makes a good argument that it is not just a few people. Large numbers of Muslims hold abhorrent views.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
If Muslims come to Texas they will have to convert to the prevailing religion. Football.
LMAO...might be the best post ever on CD.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Tell that to the people around the GLOBE today being terrorized and victimized and killed and maimed by violent radical Muslims.

It IS a matter of "who is worse" when you try to compare the Aryan Brotherhood to Muslim jihadists who are wreaking deadly havoc across the world. Both groups are despicable, but one is much more active, has a much greater following, is very well financed and sophisticated in many ways, and is actively threatening entire countries on a daily basis (and often carrying out those threats). You tell me which one it is.

If I have to choose between the threat of a can of spray paint vs the threat of a suicide bomber or someone sawing my head off with a butcher knife, I choose the idiot with the can of spray paint - but hey, that's just me.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:55 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Lt. Moaz al-Kasasbeh was Muslim. I think you're doing his memory a bit of disservice here.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:56 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Irving, Texas, has the first Sharia COURT in the nation. Great Britain has 85.
And none of them has any authority over anyone not willing to abide by them.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
I think that Bill Maher makes a good argument that it is not just a few people. Large numbers of Muslims hold abhorrent views.
Be it "few" or "large numbers", the point is it is not likely most.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the people around the GLOBE today being terrorized and victimized and killed and maimed by violent radical Muslims.

It IS a matter of "who is worse" when you try to compare the Aryan Brotherhood to Muslim jihadists who are wreaking deadly havoc across the world. Both groups are despicable, but one is much more active, has a much greater following, is very well financed and sophisticated in many ways, and is actively threatening entire countries on a daily basis (and often carrying out those threats). You tell me which one it is.

If I have to choose between the threat of a can of spray paint vs the threat of a suicide bomber or someone sawing my head off with a butcher knife, I choose the idiot with the can of spray paint - but hey, that's just me.
That's a strawman point, Kathryn. I never said the actions of the Aryans were equal to that of Islamic terrorists. For the second time: my only point is that it is not fair to judge an entire group based on its few radical members. What about that is so difficult to understand?

Old 02-10-2015, 01:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Lt. Moaz al-Kasasbeh was Muslim. I think you're doing his memory a bit of disservice here.
I clarified that I don't mean that all Muslims are idiots. The Muslims who burned this young man alive certainly were though - and there are a lot more where those came from, unfortunately.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM

587 posts, read 961,179 times
Quote:
Be it "few" or "large numbers", the point is it is not likely most.
No, he was very clear that it is majorities of Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies