U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:04 AM
 
14,298 posts, read 8,091,611 times
Reputation: 4247

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Here is a small number of articles that support AGW:

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1864.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture04188.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture03089.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture09762.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...l/453296a.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06025.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1301.html
The role of social and decision sciences in communicating uncertain climate risks : Nature Climate Change : Nature Publishing Group
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06207.html

Why are they lies?
Are the authors of these papers frauds?
Why?
What have they done that makes you think so?
What about these papers screams 'not real'?
What about them suggests it is a cult?
Try asking a few specific questions instead of requiring us to read all your links.

If flawed data from human induced errors or manipulation, produce flawed assumptions, which go into creating flawed computer models, which are then used as the basis for a report by one of the above links... Garbage in, garbage out.

 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:07 AM
 
Location: USA
4,793 posts, read 4,226,995 times
Reputation: 2846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Here is a small number of articles that support AGW:

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1864.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture04188.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture03089.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture09762.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...l/453296a.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06025.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1301.html
The role of social and decision sciences in communicating uncertain climate risks : Nature Climate Change : Nature Publishing Group
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06207.html

Why are they lies?
Are the authors of these papers frauds?
Why?
What have they done that makes you think so?
What about these papers screams 'not real'?
What about them suggests it is a cult?
It's all a conspiracy between millions of scientists to get a few million dollars in gov't funding, duh! Even though man can conquer the earth, move mountains, and fly into outer space, there's no way he could change the climate.
 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:11 AM
 
29,199 posts, read 15,351,525 times
Reputation: 19865
We need to do something about the environment!!! Maybe if I keep posting from my computer and iPhone, people will listen and start posting as well. Soon we can all be posting about it. Maybe if everyone agrees with my posts, magic posting fairies will fix it all. In the mean time, just ignore my carbon footprint. After all, what do you want me to do, not buy computers or phones?
 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:16 AM
 
32,323 posts, read 26,200,084 times
Reputation: 18953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Here is a small number of articles that support AGW:

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1864.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture04188.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture03089.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture09762.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...l/453296a.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06025.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1301.html
The role of social and decision sciences in communicating uncertain climate risks : Nature Climate Change : Nature Publishing Group
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06207.html

Why are they lies?
Are the authors of these papers frauds?
Why?
What have they done that makes you think so?
What about these papers screams 'not real'?
What about them suggests it is a cult?
while i dont dispute the fact that there has been a warming trend for the last 150 years, i do dispute their conclusion that man is the main cause. why? because we have evidence that reaches back nearly to the beginning of the planet that indicates that it has been much colder, and much hotter in the past. we also have evidence that there has been a general cooling trend for the last 65 million years, including the last two million years. there is also evidence that tells us that the last interglacial period was ten degrees warmer than this interglacial period. and we have evidence that the interglacial periods are cyclical. now given all this evidence, and it is all in the geological record, what makes this round of warming primarily man made?
 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:40 AM
 
14,298 posts, read 8,091,611 times
Reputation: 4247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Because there are billions of dollars being made spreading AGW alarmism.
Exactly, that right there, is a reason for holding out a legitimate skepticism. Al Gore did not get a net worth of a few hundred million dollars for curing cancer, or creating the Internet.

Not only are corporations getting free subsides from world governments, we give them huge tax breaks, loan guarantees, and if they lobby government they can get that free money and not their competition, to squeeze them out of the market.

And then there are the tin pot dictators and third world nation leaders clamoring for billions of dollars in climate reparations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
There have been direct ties from members of this administration to green energy companies that have received hundreds of millions in subsidies from the government. Al Gore's wealth has increased 10-20-fold after leaving the White House to spread climate change hysteria. This makes me highly skeptical of the findings of climate scientists. These scientists are tasked with one duty -- showing that AGW is real. Are they going to keep getting funded if they come back with data that says man-made climate change is nonexistent or minimal? Of course not. They've already been caught manipulating data to arrive at the results they were seeking. Who knows how much of what they report isn't manufactured data to support their agenda. That's not science, its a scam.

{snip}
The US government alone has handed out a few hundred billion in taxpayer dollars already this past decade to green energy corporations, and then we hand out taxpayer rebates for purchasing the same green energy products from the corporations we already gave loans, subsides and tax breaks to, and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I believe AGW is real, I'm just not convinced of how big the impact actually is. The planet has warmed and cooled countless times before human beings could produce fire. Before we funnel more money into special interests soaking up money from our government to fight a problem we don't know the severity of, lets slow things down and make gradual changes to reduce our impact of the environment.
If you do not believe their version of prophesied future events, don't buy into their flawed computer models which show a climate catastrophe, then they say you are an ignorant fool, a puppet of big oil, and a science denier who hates polar bears. and if you are a fellow colleague and scientist, they want to strip you of your certifications, and publicly mock and ridicule you.
 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 16 days ago)
 
18,869 posts, read 12,150,958 times
Reputation: 10287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Additionally, even with all of the above listed flaws, that paper claims a worst case scenario for "business as usual" GHG emissions will result in a max 1.5 degree Celsius rise in global mean temp by the year 2300. Granted, that conclusion is almost entirely assumption, cumulative worst cases based on assumption and a few more assumptions, but even with all that...1.5 degrees in the next 200 years? Hard to find a reason to go crazy about that, considering humans exist in a temperature band that is roughly 100 degreesC wide. If the mean fluctuates up 1.5 degreesC in the next 200 years, something tells me humans will adapt, since it represents less than a 1% change in the mean each century.

But we cannot even extrapolate or comment on those issues, as it is a garbage paper in a junk journal and therefore meaningless.
 
Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 AM
 
16,708 posts, read 8,541,588 times
Reputation: 9555
Trere is a religion forum
 
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 51,280,422 times
Reputation: 24611
Just because nobody has said it yet I will state that how can there be global warming when we are under feet of fresh snow?
 
Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Palo Alto
12,172 posts, read 7,025,882 times
Reputation: 4174
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Just because nobody has said it yet I will state that how can there be global warming when we are under feet of fresh snow?

Well obviously if it wasn't for SUV's it would be even more feet of snow. :grin:
 
Old 02-09-2015, 09:16 AM
 
7,281 posts, read 8,847,048 times
Reputation: 11419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Here is a small number of articles that support AGW:

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1864.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture04188.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture03089.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture09762.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...l/453296a.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06025.html
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate1301.html
The role of social and decision sciences in communicating uncertain climate risks : Nature Climate Change : Nature Publishing Group
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture06207.html

Why are they lies?
Are the authors of these papers frauds?
Why?
What have they done that makes you think so?
What about these papers screams 'not real'?
What about them suggests it is a cult?
The answer to your last question, your post would answer that.

Otherwise, starting a post by calling any group of people names doesn't do a lot to make your point.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-09-2015 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:41 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top