U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 02:01 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,868,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
People are going to have become self-employed. Waiting for a "job" isn't going to work. People still need to create and build these products, be creative, market and sell, travel, do accounting, consult...The difference is entrepreneurship is going to be part of your professional, as you'll likely be working as a contracted position.
And the number of people for all of the things you mention is going down, not up.

Create products....certainly, however the number required is FAR far less. a decade ago I led a team of 8 others to make a product, today I could do that same product with me, and one other guy.
Market and sell.....Same product, we had a marketing team of 4, today that same company has one guy. And if its popular enough you could put that one amazon and call it good for many things.
Travel? Bwahahaha. Sorry but augmented virtual reality is coming
accounting....more and more automated as well
consult....probably a couple more jobs here.

In the end....you're discussing how many jobs will be gone. And the ones that are left will be for high functioning professionals like me. Which I mean hey, thats great for me, not so great for everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 02:09 PM
bUU

11,891 posts, read 8,672,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Which I mean hey, thats great for me, not so great for everyone else.
And the second part of your sentence distinguishes you as a more moral person than all those who wouldn't give a second thought to the impact on other people.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:04 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,905,560 times
We could always expunge the economic system itself and just make everything free. But we mist face in our life times machines will be able to do anything. Doctor? Machine can do it. Manager? Machine can do it. CEO? Machine can do it. Congressman? Machine can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies