U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2015, 02:23 PM
 
1,515 posts, read 996,298 times
Reputation: 1628

Advertisements

I'm an American Jew and what the Israelis did that day was no mistake - it was premeditated murder plain and simple. People that want to act like this travesty was just a mistake need to leave America and move to Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I have no need to discredit you. Your anti-jewish stance speaks for itself. The proof is in the pudding, by picking every and any historical event that portrays Israel in a negative light. You never bring up positive events though, just usually revisionist stories or events to demonize Israel.

That being said, the fact remains is that Israel was days away from a big war. An unidentified ship was refusing to ID themselves to IAF pilots. I remember reading a passage from Enest, and he said that they just happened to have a Jewish sailor who knew Hebrew on board, and while he was translating Hebrew, the pilots sometimes spoke in English to its command. IAF pilots do not speak English back at command. After several attempts of the IAF for ID, the Liberty did not radio back. Why? What were they hiding? Why is not feasible to think an ally would identify themselves or believe an enemy could fly a false flag days before the Six Day War?

The U.S recalled air cover not because of war with Israel but because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Plus, if this was a serious attack from Israel, why did the U.S bury the files till this day? And do not bring up the Jewish Lobby, who couldn't get Roosevelt to bomb a pathetic railroad to Auschwitz.

Give it a rest. It was a mistake that the U.S made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2015, 02:37 PM
 
10,319 posts, read 10,320,519 times
Reputation: 4012
This will never go away but i think it would help all the victims and the innocent were someone if not some Israeli citizens would acknowledge the crimes committed.

When do we ever hear a thank you etc from the Israeli population?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 02:49 PM
 
7,371 posts, read 4,623,740 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
While Israel is America's only reliable ally in the region, the US is a much better ally to them than they are to us.
Given that we have continued to supply billions in military aid to Egypt even as they threaten to repudiate the peace treaty with Israel, given that Obama suggested returning to defensively unsustainable borders, given that Hillary Clinton supported the "freedom flotilla" that was carrying arms to Israel's enemies, given that Obama publicly disrespected Netanyahu before the international community during his visit here, given that Obama was opposed to allowing him to speak to Congress after allowing the President of Mexico to not only speak but to criticize an American state on the floor, and given that the administration has repeatedly complained about Israel building settlements in its own territory, I see no way that you can make the statement you did.

Yes, Israel attacked one of our ships 40 years ago. Meanwhile, we are supplying arms to a government that is growing increasingly more hostile to Israel right here and now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 03:00 PM
 
10,319 posts, read 10,320,519 times
Reputation: 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Given that we have continued to supply billions in military aid to Egypt even as they threaten to repudiate the peace treaty with Israel, given that Obama suggested returning to defensively unsustainable borders, given that Hillary Clinton supported the "freedom flotilla" that was carrying arms to Israel's enemies, given that Obama publicly disrespected Netanyahu before the international community during his visit here, given that Obama was opposed to allowing him to speak to Congress after allowing the President of Mexico to not only speak but to criticize an American state on the floor, and given that the administration has repeatedly complained about Israel building settlements in its own territory, I see no way that you can make the statement you did.

Yes, Israel attacked one of our ships 40 years ago. Meanwhile, we are supplying arms to a government that is growing increasingly more hostile to Israel right here and now.
Israel needs to clean out it's dirty laundry. The world knows that Netanyahu is a racist and wants to ignore Obama and treat the USA as the Zionists always have except the world is changing and the dirty laudry of Israel is piling up and open for the world to see.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-11-2015 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic not other posters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,573,628 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I think a big problem with what did or did not happen to the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967 is that the narrative was hijacked from the beginning by anti-Zionists, anti-Semities, and other conspiracy theorists. And what has become lost in the controversy is the fate of the men who survived the attack. Were any of them able to live normal lives, or did they succumb to bitterness, mental instability, and substance abuse?
I am inclined to agree with you, and that anti-Semitism/anti-Zionism still exists, regarding the Liberty. Only last week, I was watching a video and presentation given at Case Western Reserve University (not sure of the date). It was very anti-Semitic in it's content. i couldn't watch the whole thing, I was so disgusted with what was being said. America is rife with "Jew hatred" these days. It is on the increase.

We may never know the real story behind the attack; but, Israel apologized for it, and paid dearly in compensations. Meanwhile, the conspiracy theorists will continue to exploit the story ... they make money on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 03:21 PM
 
10,319 posts, read 10,320,519 times
Reputation: 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I am inclined to agree with you, and that anti-Semitism/anti-Zionism still exists, regarding the Liberty. Only last week, I was watching a video and presentation given at Case Western Reserve University (not sure of the date). It was very anti-Semitic in it's content. i couldn't watch the whole thing, I was so disgusted with what was being said. America is rife with "Jew hatred" these days. It is on the increase.

We may never know the real story behind the attack; but, Israel apologized for it, and paid dearly in compensations. Meanwhile, the conspiracy theorists will continue to exploit the story ... they make money on it.
They paid 6 millions dollars to us using money we gave them. Doesn't matter that they apologized. They very well knew what they were doing and did it deliberately.

We definitely know it was a planned attack. Have you read this?

USS Liberty - Israeli Pilot Speaks Up

Read it and then get back with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Texas
35,081 posts, read 19,184,144 times
Reputation: 20678
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Given that we have continued to supply billions in military aid to Egypt even as they threaten to repudiate the peace treaty with Israel, given that Obama suggested returning to defensively unsustainable borders, given that Hillary Clinton supported the "freedom flotilla" that was carrying arms to Israel's enemies, given that Obama publicly disrespected Netanyahu before the international community during his visit here, given that Obama was opposed to allowing him to speak to Congress after allowing the President of Mexico to not only speak but to criticize an American state on the floor, and given that the administration has repeatedly complained about Israel building settlements in its own territory, I see no way that you can make the statement you did.

Yes, Israel attacked one of our ships 40 years ago. Meanwhile, we are supplying arms to a government that is growing increasingly more hostile to Israel right here and now.

What you're conveniently choosing to ignore is that US military aid to Egypt is our annual payoff to them for NOT attacking Israel, per the 1978 Camp David agreement. The Egyptians have been very meticulous in complying. Israel certainly approves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David_Accords

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,475 posts, read 9,350,284 times
Reputation: 6647
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We may never know the real story behind the attack; but, Israel apologized for it, and paid dearly in compensations. Meanwhile, the conspiracy theorists will continue to exploit the story ... they make money on it.

Fortunately, no matter how shrill the conspiracy theorists are, they have no real power. Most likely, they don't vote because they don't trust anybody. I doubt many of them can even hold a job because of their paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
2,328 posts, read 1,513,837 times
Reputation: 715
*

Enough said.

10 U.S hearings of which 5 were congressional. None found Israel guilty of aggressive attacks. A case of poor communication on both sides. Beating a dead horse with the uss liberty to enhance the anti Israel perspective. No thanks

Last edited by BMoreJuice; 02-11-2015 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 09:27 AM
 
10,319 posts, read 10,320,519 times
Reputation: 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
*

Enough said.

10 U.S hearings of which 5 were congressional. None found Israel guilty of aggressive attacks. A case of poor communication on both sides. Beating a dead horse with the uss liberty to enhance the anti Israel perspective. No thanks
Ask the families of the 34 dead sailors. It is not dead until Israel admits that it was not a mistake.
They knew it was an American ship and machine gunned those trying to abandon ship.

It is not me that is keeping this going. It is that over time the truth always comes out.

When this attack and cover up was planned and executed there was no idea that there would ever be the internet and the doors it opens.

Last edited by Versatile; 02-12-2015 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: To add about the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top