Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 03:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
My personal experience with another human being with significantly less melanin content is irrelevant.

As a whole, minorities are in a disadvantaged position in the world relative to white people. This is due to imperialism and white washing of the last few hundred years.

Really?

Quote:
To win the admissions board's approval at that time, he said, a white applicant had to present SAT section scores higher than 600 (out of 800); a transcript of A's and B's; and a strong background of leadership in sports and student life, reflected in a four-digit score called the whole-person multiplier. Black and Hispanic students were routinely admitted with SAT scores in the 500s; with B's and C's; and lower whole-person multipliers, he said.

Naval Academy Professor Challenges School's Push for Diversity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 04:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So I wonder how many posts I can find where you lament "walking in my shoes" etc etc etc.

Are you hoping that people are unaware of the search function or something?

Strom Thurmond's Black Daughter Dies

Pure
Comedy
Gold
And your point is what exactly?

I said that I had a problem with white people in that thread?

Old 02-10-2015, 04:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And your point is what exactly?

I said that I had a problem with white people in that thread?

What, exactly, does this mean then? Perhaps you can clarify.

Quote:
1. Declined what? Her birthright? Putting your child through college (like i did for my son and my dad did for me) isn't an extra. That's part of the deal. You don't get props for that. My father OWED me an education, and i OWED my son an education....even if he hated my guts (and he doesn't). His daughter didn't ask to be brought into the world, he brought her here. Paying some education fees is the least he could do. That ranks right up there with providing a roof, clothing and shelter.

2. You don't have 10k and even if you did, that would be a wasted bet. My path should be easy for anyone to walk in. Now if you're saying that you could walk in my shoes as a black man, well...i'm not even gonna bother with some bullsh*t like that. Close the hole in your neck so you can stop talking out of it.

3. Yea, you are a segregationist sympathizer. You may be a rationalist too, but that's beside the point.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:33 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
As a whole, minorities are in a disadvantaged position in the world relative to white people. This is due to imperialism and white washing of the last few hundred years.
Being technically a "minority", this is the biggest crock of **** I have ever read. I have traveled to places like Eastern Kentucky and parts of Mississippi where you find Whites who are barely literate.

If you could please explain how these people have an advantage over people who are considered non-White, I would appreciate it.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:36 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
The only people that have been ignorant and semi-racist towards me were Blacks and Muslims.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What, exactly, does this mean then? Perhaps you can clarify.
Clarity what? There's nothing to clarify. That post is in English.

Where did I say that I had a problem with white people in that thread? That's what this thread is about.

You're mad because I DIDN'T say that I have an issue with white people...But if I launched an invective against white people, you'd still be fuming.

So really...what do you want?

Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
The only people that have been ignorant and semi-racist towards me were Blacks and Muslims.
Semi racist? What the hell is that?

Old 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Well...As some of you know, I'm quite mixed up. And as such, a few Blacks I've encountered have treated me rather disrespectfully, or as "the other", because I'm not "Black enough" for them.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Semi racist? What the hell is that?
Good question. It's been my experience that people are either racist or they're not.

I don't have a lot of patience with any level or degree of racism. And that means from ANYONE of ANY color or ethnicity.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:45 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
My personal experience with another human being with significantly less melanin content is irrelevant.

It's only relevant if you are trying to stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies