U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:36 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,197,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Uncle Sam holds the paper. Debt is the money supply. A nation of citizens in debt to the government is a necessity.

Who own the mortgage notes? Student loans? And the bankers just siphon 200 basis points off the top.
I know why tuition costs what it does. It's too bad that so, so many think that it's due to capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 07:41 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,258,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I know why tuition costs what it does. It's too bad that so, so many think that it's due to capitalism.
The government makes money on loans; at least thats the simplified reason (unless you know something I don't, which we'd all appreciate if you'd share). So, yeah, the reason is basically the exact opposite of capitalism.

And that's why there are no congressional hearings. They'd have to admit to their own corruption, which isn't their strong suit.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:43 PM

26,302 posts, read 12,734,122 times
Quote:
6 years into "Mr. Equality" and the gap has grown exponentially.

Obviously, your sides ideology in practice doesn't work.
LOL. My side? ideology? And what part has been put into practice?

I find your comment to be ludicrous. Im not a "side" Children pick sides in games. As a adult I recognize the complexity of things. No politician will represent my "side" 100%. Do you honestly think Romney would have lowered inequality? LOL. He laughed about how he didn't represent 47% of us.

Stop picking sides. Start asking questions, and making judgement calls. Start talking about how if we don't change the direction of our country we're going to end up eventually electing a extremist that does something, and understand why thats bad.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:48 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,197,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. My side? ideology? And what part has been put into practice?

I find your comment to be ludicrous. Im not a "side" Children pick sides in games. As a adult I recognize the complexity of things. No politician will represent my "side" 100%. Do you honestly think Romney would have lowered inequality? LOL. He laughed about how he didn't represent 47% of us.

Stop picking sides. Start asking questions, and making judgement calls. Start talking about how if we don't change the direction of our country we're going to end up eventually electing a extremist that does something, and understand why thats bad.
I constantly ask questions......to which I already know the answers.

I cannot however, figure out the leftie mind.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:54 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,904,442 times
Quote:
6 years into "Mr. Equality" and the gap has grown exponentially.

Obviously, your sides ideology in practice doesn't work.

Well he did say that under his plan, prices would necessarily skyrocket.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:55 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,904,442 times
Quote:
I constantly ask questions......to which I already know the answers.

I cannot however, figure out the leftie mind.

You are a persecuting attorney?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or