Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:04 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Dude, for reals? Political correctness and 'hate' speech codes are strictly phenomena of the Left.
I know, right? Remember when the Dixie Chicks criticized the President and all the conservatives were like "That's cool, man, this is America. They were just exercising their freedom of speech."?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:11 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Several conservatives have agreed with the evil communists that 9/11 was indeed a response to invasive foreign policy in the Middle East. I take back my earlier statement: I have heard conservatives be honest about the issue.

This sure is awkward, isn't it?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Several conservatives have agreed with the evil communists that 9/11 was indeed a response to invasive foreign policy in the Middle East. I take back my earlier statement: I have heard conservatives be honest about the issue.

This sure is awkward, isn't it?
It's pretty simple. It's one thing to say we "deserved" the attacks and that 1000s of people "deserve" to die. But to say that this was completely out of the blue or that they "hate us because of our freedom" when we're like the 15th freest country in the world is false.

I will say this, I am not going to call the US government a terrorist organization, but I will say some of the things they've done would give them a run for their money.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'm just really, genuinely curious. OK, some liberals do love this country, sure. But seriously, I've never heard or seen a conservative say things like "9/11 happened because we meddled in other countries' affairs; we deserved it" or "we need to make peace with the radicals and try to understand them"...nor have I heard conservatives say things like "our troops are the real terrorists" or "they don't protect our freedom"...I have just ONE question for you libs that say things like this--why do you still live here? If you really hate America that much, just leave and go to your beloved ****hole extremist or communist countries like China, Syria, DR of Congo or Venezuela.
Pretty sure it is conservatives who don't support the United States legally elected president and give hope to groups like ISIS. How patriotic is that?

Texas and other conservative geographical areas keep promising to secede (but disappointingly--never do.) How patriotic is that?

Conservative have a very strange definition of "patriotism." To conservatives, patriotism is something they feel only when there is a republican president. They are hypocritiotric.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
I want everyone in this country to have an equal opportunity to reach their fullest potential.

If that is unpatriotic, so be it.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I want everyone in this country to have an equal opportunity to reach their fullest potential.

If that is unpatriotic, so be it.

Fullest potential to do what exactly? Make money? Buy a big house? Drive a nice car?

I want freedom, and nothing more.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:52 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Patriotism does not equal a blind support of all government actions, a stance that we never err. A true love of country isn't afraid to admit mistakes in an effort to make the country you love better.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:52 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Fullest potential to do what exactly? Make money? Buy a big house? Drive a nice car?

I want freedom, and nothing more.
What freedom exactly? Freedom to enter anybody houses and take their money?

All existing systems of belief and morals are simply not up to the task of clearly defining personal freedom and its limits.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:54 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Patriotism does not equal a blind support of all government actions, a stance that we never err. A true love of country isn't afraid to admit mistakes in an effort to make the country you love better.
I also can admit we make mistakes, and am not afraid to say it. I also know the 9/11 terrorists attacked us for supporting Israel and for being involved in ME politics. But the way things are worded here and in other places suggest that it's all our fault, and we should excuse their actions of the murder of thousands of innocents. If they had problems with the way we do things, why not handle it in a civilized way, such as protest, some kind of talks, etc? Instead of destroying buildings and mass murder in the name of Allah.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I don't think all liberals are unpatriotic, I don't believe all conservatives are patriotic.

However, limousine liberals remain misguided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies