U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:14 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,302,759 times

Advertisements

Politicians will say anything to get elected...ya learn something new every day.

1001 Ways to Say "Obama Sucks." Available in bookstores today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 02:59 PM

29,518 posts, read 16,420,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Show me a politician who has never lied and I've got a good bridge for sale I'd like to show you.
All humans have lied. Very few to the extent that it defines their person like Obama has.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:31 PM

28,194 posts, read 15,321,620 times
Using your daughters to perpetuate the lie... pretty low stuff...

Obama Used His Daughters To Cover Up His Gay Marriage Lie [VIDEO]

"You know, Malia and Sasha, they’ve got friends whose parents are same-sex couples. And I– you know, there have been times where Michelle and I have been sittin’ around the dinner table. And we’ve been talkin’ and– about their friends and their parents. And Malia and Sasha would– it wouldn’t dawn on them that somehow their friends’ parents would be treated differently. It doesn’t make sense to them. And– and frankly– that’s the kind of thing that prompts– a change of perspective. You know, not wanting to somehow explain to your child why somebody should be treated– differently, when it comes to– the eyes of the law."

Old 02-17-2015, 11:37 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,829,293 times
The fact is, you can't get elected telling the truth in this country..

Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
And as we see, people are just fine with it... before and after the facts come out.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,695,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Former top presidential adviser says Obama LIED about his support for gay marriage for years so he could get elected

President told a newspaper in 1996 when he first ran for statewide office that he supported gay marriage

Two years later he wrote 'undecided' on the same paper's candidate questionnaire about the topic

By 2008, as a presidential candidate, he was firmly in the 'traditional marriage' camp

But Obama returned to his 1996 leanings in 2010, telling the country that his position had 'evolved'

Former Obama advisor David Axelrod claims in a book Obama lamented to him that 'I'm just not very good at bulls***ing' – but another of his stories from the same book has already been labeled as fiction

Read more: David Axelrod says*Obama LIED about his support for gay marriage to get elected | Daily Mail Online
President Obama can lie all he wants, he will never beat former President Bush.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:42 AM

4,709 posts, read 3,492,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
And as we see, people are just fine with it... before and after the facts come out.

Sadly, you're both right. People are so used to politicians lying that it just doesn't matter.

However, I think part of Obama's "evolution" on gay marriage likely had something to do with his days on the bath house circuit in Chicago.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 AM

I think many of us WANT our politicians to lie. We want to hear what we want to hear. Hearing what we want is easy and fun. Hearing the truth makes things complicated. We don't like "complicated". We want the easy button.

The truth comes out later... oh well, nothing we can do about that now. Again... easy.

Makes life easy for us. It also makes for crappy leadership. When it's time to make tough decisions and the lies resurface and people get hurt or lose their jobs - just remember that we wanted "easy".

This country gets the leaders it deserves.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:12 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,796,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Romney had a long history of flip- flops on many positions.
They all play to the polls.
When Romney changed tunes, it was castigated as "flip flopping." When Obama changed tunes, it was celebrated as "evolving."

This is yet another reason why liberals and liberalism are the scum and scourge of the nation.

My question to you is this: What will I find when I search your posts on Romney and flip-flopping? Is this faux objectivity that you now tout the same tune you were whistling a few short years ago?

Old 02-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 8 days ago)

18,806 posts, read 12,121,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Former top presidential adviser says Obama LIED about his support for gay marriage for years so he could get elected

President told a newspaper in 1996 when he first ran for statewide office that he supported gay marriage

Two years later he wrote 'undecided' on the same paper's candidate questionnaire about the topic

By 2008, as a presidential candidate, he was firmly in the 'traditional marriage' camp

But Obama returned to his 1996 leanings in 2010, telling the country that his position had 'evolved'

Former Obama advisor David Axelrod claims in a book Obama lamented to him that 'I'm just not very good at bulls***ing' – but another of his stories from the same book has already been labeled as fiction

Read more: David Axelrod says*Obama LIED about his support for gay marriage to get elected | Daily Mail Online

It worked-

Obama's two election victories are a reflection of the stupidity of the average American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies