Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:49 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, good. I'm not the only one confused by the OP.
Egyptians will probably cause a meltdown and immolate themselves because of their actions. I am not worried about Egypt.

Iran does worry me because they have a propensity to follow up their rhetoric with actions. Thus I believe they will use a nuke if they get their diseased paws on one.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:11 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Crazy is a lot closer than in Iran.
Scary, isn't it?

I wish they'd all just move to that hellish region known as the Middle East, if they are so intent on using our military and young men and women to fight for it.

But most are all talk and no bite-most of the warmongers on here have probably never even served in the military, but have fear completely instilled in them. Chickenhawks!

Old 02-11-2015, 12:32 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The extreme chaos in the ME is a DIRECT result of GW idiot Bush's criminal invasion of Iraq. No political scientist in the world outside of the USA even questions this fact. Not only did it create the chaos, anyone with even half a brain, {not the Bush admin.} forsaw clearly, this misadventure would create a power vacuum that Iran would most definitely take advantage of. It seems to be a repeating story of American foreign policy that what ever action is taken it will be a huge disaster and failure that creates more numerous and more powerful enemies for it's self.
Actually the Bush Admin knew very well what would happen. They chose to do it anyway as part of their ME foreign policy. The other thing I'll remind you is that the Democrats were 100% on board with the invasion of Iraq. For years Bill, Hillary, Reid, Nancy, Biden, Kerry, Gore et all. called for it. Gore even went so far as to call Bush Sr "soft on terror: for not attacking Saddam in Baghdad. Like most things that create profits for the rich and misery for the poor, it was completely bi-partisan.

Dick Cheney says deposing Saddam would create a power vacuum, a "quagmire".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

Democrats bang the war drums in Iraq, citing Saddam's nuclear weapons program, ties to terrorism and WMD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCVZlLBchVE

Old 02-11-2015, 12:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Lets see.... if I'm Muslim, I can be a martyr, award myself 72 virgins, and get a pat on the back from Mohammad himself. Why not blow the world up?

Self preservation is what keeps normal people using these weapons. Something people in this region do not possess.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:43 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I realize this forum is not military.net, and does not attract the most sophisticated posters, but does this really need to be explained?

If iran were not acquiring nuclear weapons, the arab muslim regimes in the mideast would not be compelled to also acquire them. Obama's failure to stop iran has laid the groundwork for the worst possible scenario, a nuclear arms race in the most volatile place on earth. No one in the mideast was pressing to acquire nuclear weapons until it became clear iran was pursuing them.

Second, the article also highlights how another former close ally, Egypt, has now turned to russia - yet another example of how obama has failed, by damaging a once solid relationship an ally has turned away from the US. Talk about incompetence, how kerry the idiot is still sec'y of state no one can explain, but that's right; he works for the most incompetent, failed administration of the last 100 years, so its to be expected.

Last, regarding the 2 options to stop iran Hawaii4ever mentioned, only a military invasion is viable.

An internal rebellion has no chance to succeed, the regime will simply do what it did in 2009 and slaughter anyone it deems fit. A regime responsible for for 250,000 massacred in syria to keep its poodle assad in power will have no compunction about killing ten times that many in iran to retain its seat of power. Only an externally-driven military invasion can destroy the diseased regime of iran, something that should have been undertaken years, perhaps decades ago.

It has come down to either doing it now, before iran has completed its nuclear arms work, or after when the costs to do so would be much higher.
Not happening. We're broke, anti-American sentiment is at an all-time high, our military is contracting, we can't defeat a bunch of goat herders in Afghanistan or Iraq, how the hell are we supposed to launch a war and win, against Iran? Bluffing obviously isn't working. Maybe we'd be better off becoming allies with Iran, let them spread themselves thin across the ME, drain their treasury and fight a Muslim Civil War against ISIS and the Sunnis? Whoever wins is going to be greatly weakened and constantly putting out fires. It'd also be much easier from a strategic standpoint who be able to name the enemy. i.e. Iran is the enemy, Tehran is their Capital, Khoemeni is their leader, rather than having a war against a nebulous word like 'Terror'.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The religious rulers of Iran are crazy.

Are you too blind to see that?
Imacrazyguy used to mouth off stupid things all the time. The actual leaders of Iran got rid of him.

Is Iran our ally? No. So what? Everyone doesn't have to either be our friends or attacked.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:28 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
They are making great progress, even the Ayatollah backs Rouhani's negotiations. We are moving in the right direction.

Quote:
Dubai/Munich: Iran's supreme leader said
on Sunday he could accept a compromise in nuclear talks and gave his strongest
defence yet of President Hassan Rouhani's decision to negotiate with the West, a
policy opposed by powerful hardliners at home.

As his foreign minister
met counterparties in the talks at a conference in Munich, Ayatollah Ali
Khamenei said he "firmly" backed a fair nuclear deal.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Says Could Accept Fair Nuclear Compromise

Old 02-11-2015, 07:38 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are making great progress, even the Ayatollah backs Rouhani's negotiations. We are moving in the right direction.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Says Could Accept Fair Nuclear Compromise
The terror apologists keep on apologizing...

Iran's supreme leader Khamenei: Nuclear talks with U.S. are 'useless' - LA Times

Khamenei: Nothing can stop Iran

and even better:

'Tehran could destroy Israel in 24 hours' - Khamenei's Revolutionary Guards spokesman ? RT News

A deal with these animals is pointless, they are not trustworthy, and like putin are pure lying trash. War is the only option to destroy that cancerous, diseased regime and to free the long-suffering iranian people - and the rest of those suffering under the iranian boot in the mideast.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
The terror apologists keep on apologizing...

Iran's supreme leader Khamenei: Nuclear talks with U.S. are 'useless' - LA Times

Khamenei: Nothing can stop Iran

and even better:

'Tehran could destroy Israel in 24 hours' - Khamenei's Revolutionary Guards spokesman ? RT News

A deal with these animals is pointless, they are not trustworthy, and like putin are pure lying trash. War is the only option to destroy that cancerous, diseased regime and to free the long-suffering iranian people - and the rest of those suffering under the iranian boot in the mideast.

Still trotting out old news, keep hanging on.

War, who's going to war you are you volunteering or are you volunteering the US. That is where this will end up with your philosophy of hatred and non-negotiation.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:14 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
Iran is far more powerful than Iraq or Afghanistan, which would entail a much bloodier war than those 2 wars combined, for both Americans, Iranians, and potentially anyone else that gets sucked into such a horrific conflict. We may have up to a million Iranian civilian casualties and tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of US soldiers dead in a protracted conflict, orders of magnitude more than any deaths Iran may have caused the past 20 or so years.
Compared to the US, iran is a paper tiger whose military cannot offer much but an occasional surprise.

That said, given the hundreds of thousands dead by the hand of iran over the last few decades, including thousands of americans and over 250,000 in syria these past four, a million dead iranian soldiers and supporters is music to my ears.

Quote:
Of course Russia and China won't take kindly to a US invasion (especially Russia whose Black Sea coasts are only a few hundred miles from the Iranian border.) If they get involved, it could quickly escalate to WW3.
Russia's economy is getting crushed right now with the drop in oil prices, and is tied up with Ukraine; it is not going to open a second front against a real military like the US. China is not going to attack its #1 market - the US either. Neither country is a concern.

Quote:
One more thought, if this horrific war were to happen, I'd take a guess that you'd be too much of a coward to to march off to Iran and fight. Which I guess would be the only good thing to come out of that war, since the world certainly would be better off with you and your ilk.
You were rational until this juvenile idiocy. I could state on one hand how one does not need to be a cop to ask for more police protection, a teacher to demand better schools, or an electrician for a better electrical grid, but that would be beyond your clearly infantile grasp. On the other, I could state how I'd volunteer to be on the first bombing run over Teheran, but that is beyond the point.

As for "people like me," genius it is people like me willing to fight for this country's freedoms, unlike true cowards who need my protection, then question how I provide it. FO.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-13-2015 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies