Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 10:32 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,556,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Here we go, apologist #1 stumbles into the thread...

WRONG. There are at least FOUR UNSC resolutions requiring them to cease enriching uranium, in addition to the NPT which strictly prohibits the construction of nuclear weapons.

So what? Being a "sovereign" state allows them to bypass international law, invades other countries, and conduct worldwide terrorism?

Of course it is, its always the US' fault. The fact that they have been at war for 1,400 years - 1,200 before the US even existed, but hey, to the clueless, it's still the US' fault.

That is not a mature action to allow the mideast to devolve into nuclear war, which it almost certainly will if we do nothing. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion; you are there before it happens, you know the end result - but you do nothing. Sorry, but that is not an option - you are welcome to climb under your bed, cover your ears, and pray someone else is there to protect you - but I am not going to accept the ostrich path.
Just the same non- action thinking that lead to WWI and WWII; basically none of our business thinking.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:44 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,531,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Russia to help Egypt build first nuclear plant | The Times of Israel

There have been plenty of low information, clueless posters excusing away iran's illegal nuclear weapons program ("they are NOT building nukes, there is NO proof!" and the even less intelligent, "well if they are building them, they should be!") on this forum, and as the adults amongst us warned, allowing a cancerous scum hole terror state like iran to obtain nuclear weapons - which the awful obama and his equally dreadful sec'y of state seem committed to doing - has led to this, a general buildup of nuclear programs in the mideast.

Obama has severely damaged or destroyed relationships with allies like Israel, Germany, Egypt and Saudi Arabia - and his abject incompetence allowing iran to gobble up whole chunks of the mideast (Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen) has led us to this horrible scenario; the most unstable region on earth undergoing almost perpetual wars accompanied by stockpiles of nuclear weapons.

If the human feces governing iran continues its imperial conquest across the mideast, does anyone rational believe that Egypt or the Saudis will not eventually militarily address them? How long before iran's diseased regime, realizing its end was near, would launch them into Cairo, Tel Aviv or Riyadh, killing millions? They have already slaughtered hundreds of thousands, so this would be a minor step forward for the animal filth khameini, a dog with oceans of blood on its hands.

In closing, I would just like to say "excellent work" to the idiot president, his apologists on this forum, as well as all of the dimwits here who have claimed that allowing iran to obtain nuclear weapons would not lead to a disastrous result in the mideast; you were absolutely wrong - and the rest of us saw this coming ten years ago.

Now we all get to live under the massive, horrific threat of a general nuclear war in the region.
It's too many people who think like this that makes the USA by far the most dangerous country on earth!!!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,133,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Rather or not you like it, Iran is technically allowed to make nukes. We can't tell them not to while we sit on the largest nuclear weapons stockpile in existence. Iran is a sovereign state. Just because we don't like them doesn't mean we can tell them what to do or not to do.

And believe me, if it were up to me, no one would have nukes. They have no practical use and to use them would be cruel and inhumane. Luckily, no nation on Earth is actually stupid enough to use them (bar North Korea maybe, who we happily ignore).

And yes, the region is unstable. But that's our fault. We meddled in in their business and created dependency and weakness in the region. I dislike Iran and it's radical leanings, but at least they live there. They're far more qualified to rule in the Middle East that we were. I mean, sure we stabilized Iraq. But it was only stable so long as their "democracy" was being run by the US military, which I tend to think of as dictatorship.

We're not capable of saving the Middle East. The responsible action at this point is to let the Middle East self destruct on it's own on go from there. I know we like to romanticize this idea of world war 3, but no Middle Eastern nation would have a reasonable chance of winning that, so they won't bother to start it. And if they do, as I said, they'd lose. Pretty quickly.
Strawman excuses.

Iran will use nukes if they get them.

And your idiot squatting in the WH will ensure they get them.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,022,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Ask your president. He is the one who thinks he has all the answers and a mere conversation with him will solve all the worlds problems.
So far it seems like he has no interest in bombing Iran to satisfy right wingers, I am cool with that.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:57 AM

79,906 posts, read 43,920,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Strawman excuses.

Iran will use nukes if they get them.

And your idiot squatting in the WH will ensure they get them.
Why? Has Pakistan? India? There is only one country that has used them.

Iran would have absolutely nothing to gain by using them.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why? Has Pakistan? India? There is only one country that has used them.

Iran would have absolutely nothing to gain by using them.
And we should use them again on crazy terrorists.

Iran has vowed to wipe Israel off the map in a sea of fire.

I believe they will try.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:22 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,718,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Iran Threatens to Annihilate Israel - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva
Iranian Cleric Threatens US, Israel With 'Missile Attack'
Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran's president | World news | The Guardian
Still think they have every right to have nuclear weapons? While other countries claim to maintain them for "peaceful purposes of self-defense", Iran has made clear threats a number of times.
This is your proof? You said Iran had threatened to "wipe Israel off the map many times". The only link to them saying that is the 3rd link, which includes a retraction because it was false. The others are right-wing Israeli propaganda sites that only show Iran threatening to retaliate if we attack them first. Not an offensive or threatening posture.

1) The Israeli propaganda newspaper quotes the following: "A senior Iranian commander threatened on Friday that any American attack on Iran will result in “the annihilation of the Israeli regime”. Simply, don't attack Iran.

2) The cleric actually said they would defend themselves if Israel attacked and that US bases in the Middle East would be fair game. Didn't actually threaten the United States. "all our (military) means are intended for defense... defense is the right of every country, and even of every person.". "If Israel goes crazy one day and considers attacking Iran... we will, as our supreme leader said, raze Tel Aviv and Haifa to the ground,". Sounds like that's an easy fix, just don't attack them.

3) The accusation that Ajad threatened to "wipe Israel off the map" has been debunked. In fact the article you linked even has a correction attached to it at the bottom clarifying that Ajad did not say that.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:25 AM

79,906 posts, read 43,920,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And we should use them again on crazy terrorists.

Iran has vowed to wipe Israel off the map in a sea of fire.

I believe they will try.
Crazy is a lot closer than in Iran.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,610,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Russia partnering with Egypt to build a power plant means Iran is going to nuke the world? Seriously?
Oh, good. I'm not the only one confused by the OP.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Crazy is a lot closer than in Iran.
The religious rulers of Iran are crazy.

Are you too blind to see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.