U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 07:26 PM

26,179 posts, read 18,884,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Wow. It's like the murders itself is not the story. It's all about the hate crime.
Yup. Kind of sad when you think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,524,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
when fox news keeps pumping and pumping anti islam messaging in peoples heads, this stuff ends up becoming the result of it. im not surprised at all that a conservative white male did this and i expect more of it.

and i expect fox to ignore this story as well.
Lol, nice try.

Quote:
Mr. Hicks, appeared to have a deep dislike of all religion. On his Facebook page, nearly all of his posts expressed support for atheism, criticism of Christian conservatives or both.

Last month, he posted a photo that said, “Praying is pointless, useless, narcissistic, arrogant, and lazy; just like the imaginary god you pray to.”

His wife also pointed out his support for gay rights and the right to abortion.
That's sounds more like your typical liberal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/us...lina.html?_r=0

Old 02-11-2015, 07:58 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,524,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Since your theme is falling apart now this thread becomes an anti-Fox screed.

Better luck next time nailing a Christian for something like this:

Chapel Hill shooting: Craig Stephen Hicks condemned all religions on Facebook prior to 'Muslim mass-murder' arrest - Americas - World - The Independent
Liberals were hoping that this guy was some conservative christian white male.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM

6,415 posts, read 9,916,525 times
People are programmed to think a certain way before the facts are presented. I have no idea why people are sounding off when they don't even know the story. I can't believe many Americans haven't realized that the media paints stories a certain way to victimize any and everyone they can and sensationalize it to sell. Folks fall for it hook, line, and sinker time and time again.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:12 PM

4,987 posts, read 2,655,545 times
Minority killed-racist tea bagger whites

Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,473,975 times
Quote:
33 seconds on fox news. didnt mention that those killed were muslim.
I didn't know you like watching fox news.

Quote:
no white conservative male has condemned these killings, and in this thread there's been a few who've supported it.

i repeat again, white conservative males loathe muslims.
Uh huh, sure.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 PM

5,010 posts, read 4,698,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
He appears to have hated muslims and to have been really into bearing arms. I don't wonder too much about who he voted for.

Edited to add - not that his voting record could either excuse his crime or worsen it.
I'm very glad i don't have that kind of neighbor.
No one has to guess. Based on all the liberal and progressive group he belongs to on FB, he's clearly a liberal.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:20 AM

1,701 posts, read 926,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Wow. It's like the murders itself is not the story. It's all about the hate crime.
You noticed that too?? Regardless if it was over a parking space or due to the fact that they were Muslims that were killed, it is a tragedy. I can't imagine killing three people over a parking spot, which leaves me to conclude it had more to do about religion that a parking spot. I wonder if he had a parking spot problem with other people living there.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:26 AM

22,243 posts, read 15,264,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You noticed that too?? Regardless if it was over a parking space or due to the fact that they were Muslims that were killed, it is a tragedy. I can't imagine killing three people over a parking spot, which leaves me to conclude it had more to do about religion that a parking spot. I wonder if he had a parking spot problem with other people living there.
Maybe the guy was just standing his "parking spot" ground? I guess I needed to include a .

Last edited by florida.bob; 02-12-2015 at 05:01 AM..

Old 02-12-2015, 04:42 AM

1,701 posts, read 926,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Maybe the guy was just standing his "parking spot" ground?
If he used that as a "defense" I'm sure you would support him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or