Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 04:23 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Mr Obama's remarks on Friday follow criticism from Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a devout Muslim, of his US counterpart's "telling" failure to speak out about the killings."

It's interesting that the President of Turkey, who has more issues with Radical Islams on his border than he can deal with is criticizing Obama on an isolated incidence. While Radical Islam is running a muck in the world, he has time to critique Obama over an isolated incident
...and 0bama feeds this meme of violence against Muslims by claiming the students were killed for their religion, when there is not any proof of this yet.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:28 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...and 0bama feeds this meme of violence against Muslims by claiming the students were killed for their religion, when there is not any proof of this yet.
Agreed. I don't remember presidents commenting on murder cases. He doesn't seem to understand (not surprising) that his words can stoke fires. Or, maybe that is his intent?

Old 02-14-2015, 04:38 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This killing is terrible, but it does not sound like it was a biased crime. I hear people saying that it "must" be a biased crime because he killed these muslims for "no reason". Well, that's just not true. The fact is that if the victims obeyed the rules and did not cause problems then this could have been avoided. I am not blaming them or saying they deserved this, the guy was clearly nuts. At the same time, you can't blame this on a hate crime when the motive was quite clearly parking dispute with a nutjob.
I think I will wait for the FBI investigation to determine whether it is a hate crime rather than a CD poster.
By the way nothing is "clear", just opinions based on loose facts. Rather big coincidence that he singled out and dentist and his wife that happened to be Muslim and no one else in the complex, they don't sound like aggressive or unreasonable people but we will wait for the FBI determination.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think I will wait for the FBI investigation to determine whether it is a hate crime rather than a CD poster.
By the way nothing is "clear", just opinions based on loose facts. Rather big coincidence that he singled out and dentist and his wife that happened to be Muslim and no one else in the complex, they don't sound like aggressive or unreasonable people but we will wait for the FBI determination.
I think they were next door neighbors. My guess is anyone living next door to that hothead was in more danger of being shot than those who lived further away from him. The guy hated Christians and Muslims, he was an angry Atheist.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:09 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I think they were next door neighbors. My guess is anyone living next door to that hothead was in more danger of being shot than those who lived further away from him. The guy hated Christians and Muslims, he was an angry Atheist.
I don't think he hated Christians, the fact is , he only killed American Muslims, he hates Muslims and he proved it.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:20 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
'It's interesting that the President of Turkey, who has more issues with Radical Islams on his border than he can deal with is criticizing Obama on an isolated incidence. While Radical Islam is running a muck in the world, he has time to critique Obama over an isolated incident
Isolated incident ?

Happened this Friday in Houston, Texas :

Arson suspected in fire at Islamic center - Houston Chronicle

Old 02-14-2015, 08:21 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
I don't think he hated Christians, the fact is , he only killed American Muslims, he hates Muslims and he proved it.
Hicks was an equal opportunity hater. It just happens the people who were really pushing his buttons big-time almost daily by stealing his parking and making too much noise were Muslims. They could have been atheists, Christians, pink w/yellow polka dots - create enough noise and steal his parking often enough, he's gonna kill 'em. Had nothing to do with their religion and everything to do with these kids disrespecting his rights to his parking space and peaceful enjoyment of his apartment - over a long period of time. They did it one too many times and he finally went over the abyss.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Did you read his FB page? He hated Christians and Muslims.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:25 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Did you read his FB page? He hated Christians and Muslims.
No he didn't. He just thought religion was silly. Show where "He HATED Christians and Muslims".

https://www.facebook.com/craig.hicks.967

Old 02-14-2015, 09:45 PM

Hicks was obsessed with parking spaces to the point he was finally banned from calling the towing company.

Chapel Hill murder suspect was banned from calling towing company :: WRAL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies