U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:50 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,429,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
......as if it's noteworthy.......
Only thing I liked him in was some stupid Adam Sandler movie way back, lol

As soon as someone (especially an actor) starts pitching their liberal agenda-
I tune 'em out.
Then you missed a lot of funny comedy because Stewart wasn't pitching any liberal agenda, he was just making fun of American politics. Something we should all take the time to laugh at once in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 06:56 PM

78,071 posts, read 33,277,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
......as if it's noteworthy.......
Only thing I liked him in was some stupid Adam Sandler movie way back, lol

As soon as someone (especially an actor) starts pitching their liberal agenda-
I tune 'em out.
Liberal agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGPoJhmqkw

Old 02-11-2015, 08:27 PM

27,213 posts, read 17,520,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I hope he runs for President.
It fits. Democrats like to vote for comedians and clowns for elected office. I mean, heck, you guys voted in Jesse, the Clown, Ventura.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM

22,111 posts, read 9,390,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'll bet Stewart wants to replace David Letterman. I know Stephen Colbert is supposed to have the lock on that, but do not put it past Stewart to take it from him, besides i think Stewart would do a better job at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So do I.
Stewart has been offered late night talk and wasn't interested. I think he was offered Kimmel's job before Kimmel.

I think Colbert will do a great job. He is a true renaissance man of many talents. Bet you will be surprised at just how good he will be.

I'll miss Jon Stewart a lot--he is a voice of sanity amid the nuts. His replacement will probably be John Oliver, but I bet Brian Williams would be an excellent host of the Daily Show.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It fits. Democrats like to vote for comedians and clowns for elected office. I mean, heck, you guys voted in Jesse, the Clown, Ventura.
What? Ventura was a member of the Independent Party of Minnesota, which leans conservative.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 PM

22,111 posts, read 9,390,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Where do you get your info from? Ventura is not a liberal and was not elected by liberals. He is a Libertarian. Why do some people have such a difficult time understanding the difference?

"Ventura ran for governor and won as a member of the Reform Party, a small party founded by Ross Perot thatís main focus is fiscal and financial reform. It takes no official stance on social issues ..."

Ross Perot--a liberal?? Seriously? He took votes away from George H. Bush, who I am fairly certain is a conservative.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,564,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Stewart has been offered late night talk and wasn't interested. I think he was offered Kimmel's job before Kimmel.

I think Colbert will do a great job. He is a true renaissance man of many talents. Bet you will be surprised at just how good he will be.

I'll miss Jon Stewart a lot--he is a voice of sanity amid the nuts. His replacement will probably be John Oliver, but I bet Brian Williams would be an excellent host of the Daily Show.
Ever since Stewart returned from directing his movie, Rosewater (he also wrote the screenplay), he kinda leaves the impression of someone looking to 'diversify' and explore bigger things besides just continuing to do talk shows.

Although dunno about Colbert, I know he also has a terrific following. Although unfortunately his schtick never quite does it for me. But Brian Williams… you're right, now that would be an 'ironic' way to salvage his career!!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:57 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,293,490 times
Oh no, now where will the left wing nut bags get their "news" and opinions? HuffPo?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Ever since Stewart returned from directing his movie, Rosewater (he also wrote the screenplay), he kinda leaves the impression of someone looking to 'diversify' and explore bigger things besides just continuing to do talk shows.
That was my thought as well. He has done the Daily Show for almost 20 years, I can imagine that he wanted to explore more that just hosting a show. He will definitely be missed on the Daily Show, but I can't wait to see where he goes next with his career.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Oh no, now where will the left wing nut bags get their "news" and opinions? HuffPo?
Why? Is the Daily Show being canceled? Sad that this is the only joke right wingers can come up with, but then again intentional humor has never really been their thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or