Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 11:04 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So then why did they have to created phony maps, try to sway other league officials and then back date documents to make them appear legit? Doesn't sound like a boundary dispute. Sounds like an illegal All-Star team, then a weak attempt at a cover up.
Hey, I do not support the rules. But rules are rules and should be adhered to. Myself I have always been supportive of "super teams". Best coaches kids learn more. I believe a kid should be allowed to try out for any team they and their parents desire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 11:08 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,950 times
This probably hasn't been said, but good job crapping all over Jackie Robinson's legacy by cheating.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Again, it's the kids who played. It's their title, not the adults who who are responsible for the infraction. Penalize them. Fire them or fine them, but don't take away the title from the kids.
I would agree, but I am sure the kids who shouldn't have been playing, knew they were wrong.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:16 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I would agree, but I am sure the kids who shouldn't have been playing, knew they were wrong.
I would guess quite a few of the kids on the team knew what was going on. My family has spent 10 years playing, coaching and watching youth sports. When top notch players come into or leave a league, pretty much everyone quickly learns about the player, where he came from or went to, etc.

The players paths criss cross throughout their sports careers. Neither of my older children have ever been anywhere close to LLWS level, in fact, my oldest quit baseball in the 3rd grade, but even he had played with some of the kids on the South Nashville LLWS team, and that's not in our suburb. We knew many of those kids names and which ball clubs they had played for over the years.

At this level, many of the kids know each other and know who plays where. The kids didn't facilitate the cheating, but I would guess at least some of them knew what was happening. Too bad their coaches taught them cheating was okay.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
What a horrible lesson to teach these kids. 'You cheated but it shouldn't matter because you're Black.' Why not restore the wins/titles/trophy's of every Little League team that's ever cheated, why just this team? What's so special about this team exactly? The team from the Bronx a few years ago had all their wins stripped after it was learned their pitcher was actually 15 y/o, instead of 13 y/o. Restore their wins/trophy's/titles?

Why stop at Little League though? Why not Pop Warner Football or Squirt Hockey? What about High School teams cheating? Those players aren't adults either, should they be allowed to cheat as well? What is is that is so extraordinary about this specific team that they should get special privilege?

For that matter, my Minnesota Gophers basketball team had their NCAA Final 4 run erased due to academic cheating, let's restore those wins as well. The coaches, aids and professors were the real perpetrators, all the players did was not show up.

The only story here is the ongoing cultural movement to scream 'racism' when some Blacks don't get what they want.
Right, We know there is cheating at all levels, but policing it keeps it to a minimum.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
And who knows if any of the teams who didn't win are guilty of the same infraction. How about we investigate all the participating teams to see if all the players lived in the districts they say to belong to?
They weren't suspected of anything. So according to you, if the police find drugs in one house, they should search every house in the neighborhood?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I posted this on another thread earlier, I think it says it all !

There is an article in today's Chicago Tribune by Michelle Manchir and Paul Skrbina stating that (And I'm quoting this from the paper) "Officials with the neighborhood Little League organizations knew the JRW officials had gerrymandered a map to cover up for ineligible players but kept it quite ." "Officials from JRW met with officials from 3 nearby leagues asking them to give JRW territory so they could "legitimize" the map but those officials refused." The matter came to a head on Jan 31st when JRW was found to have annexed areas from the other leagues without their permission. The map had been "redrawn" and backdated and signed to make it appear it had been the map used during the entire tournament"

You can read the whole article in the Tribune page 8 titled "Officials knew JRW used bogus map"

This is the story that should be circulating and on the front page instead of what we're hearing from the race baiters!
I am surprised it has not been called racism yet.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:28 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Quote:
Again, it's the kids who played. It's their title, not the adults who who are responsible for the infraction. Penalize them. Fire them or fine them, but don't take away the title from the kids.
By letting this go, you strip the team that played fairly of the title. It's unfortunate that the kids are caught in the middle of this adult problem, but it's my opinion that letting the adults cheat a rule abiding team out of the title that they would have likely won is a bigger error than stripping the title from the team that didn't earn it in the first place.

The only way to get it right is to follow the established rules. If you want to blame somebody, how 'bout blaming the adults who cheated, not the kids on the losing team who didn't (and not Obama for crying out loud).

Having that title stripped is probably a great lesson for those kids. I bet they think twice before they plagurize their college entrance essay....

Old 02-12-2015, 11:30 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Really? What happened to " just let the kids play?" The adults who dug up this information for the Little League to investigate need to get lives. Seriously, how pathetic are we in this country?

Little League strips Chicago team of U.S. championship, suspends coach - ESPN Chicago
Why not just let teams put 25 year olds on the team?

The coach cheated and it's going to leave bad feelings behind for not just the kids stripped of their title but all the kids taht got beat by them that can never get back that experience.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:34 AM

894 posts, read 1,049,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
*SIGH*

Who said that the kids are "underprivileged?" Where did you get that from? Because they're from Chicago?

It's not about that. The kids aren't to blame....The adults are.

And Chicago IS NOT the birthplace of corruption. And definitely not ground zero for Little League corruption.
Because the ESPN coverage was full of sob stories of how all these kids came from poverty in the inner city. I guess that was a lie too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies