U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:28 PM

2,004 posts, read 1,322,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Yes.... it did happen...

SANFORD, Fla. --
"The Miami Herald in its Tuesday editions reported that it had obtained a Miami-Dade Schools Police Department report that showed the slain teenager was suspended in October for writing obscene graffiti on a door at his high school. During a search of his backpack, the report said, campus security officers found 12 pieces of women's jewelry, a watch and a screwdriver that they felt could be used as a burglary tool."

It was also revealed that he might have attacked a bus driver, according to a Twitter account that it is claimed belonged to the teen.

Are you calling the entire police department in Furgeson and the National Guard Thugs?
They were following orders from the governor of the state to stand down and not escalate the violence. The police chief and the governor were at odds over this decision.
Or, in other words, no it did not happen.

And this is skipping directly past examples like Richard Sherman, Common, the people of Ferguson and the Preisdent.

So let's get things back into focus. The plain fact is,too many conservatives have gotten into the habit of calling people "thugs" based entirely on their skin color. And yes, this is racist. That's the end of the matter, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 02:30 PM

34,361 posts, read 18,617,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Media???

No, I got that information right here on City-Data, from posts written by people who call Black teenagers 'thugs'.

Actually, it must be what YOU want me to think, since that word is used so often when describing Black teenagers.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You get your everyday info from CD......HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa

YOU are the one who brought up skin color.....so have a nice day....

Old 02-12-2015, 02:31 PM

8,088 posts, read 7,751,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why do I get called a racist, for telling the truth....

Disregard what I said earlier, some people took that to literal...."So if I say" is not the same as "when I say"...

Anyway, If I say, I don't like dread locks.....does that make me racist?
It is a childish game...a race to see who calls who racist first. Sort of like being in kindergarten. "You do it, no you did it, no you did it,etc.etc"

When some folk go on the racist rant (you know) I just think they degraded back to being children if they ever moved forward in their lives.

What did Kipling say? Whose burden?

Old 02-12-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
As do teenagers of all ethnicities.
WOW...you changed you mind in a matter of a few posts...

Quote:
No, you are simply stupid, because appearance (and I have never seen anyone who fits the above description in toto, except maybe in a comedy skit) does not dictate or correlate with behavior.
Congrats, that has to be the quickest turn around ever...

Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,995,592 times
Quote:
Thanks for the insult....
Not an insult. You posed a "Would I be......if" question, and I said you would be stupid if.

Quote:
So because you NEVER see it, it NEVER happens.....
I could say the same thing to you............

Quote:
Hell, go to your local wal-mart and look around...
I do. If I saw someone dressed like that I'd probably make him as a store detective............

Old 02-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
WOW...you changed you mind in a matter of a few posts...
What in the hell are you talking about?

Old 02-12-2015, 02:36 PM

4,195 posts, read 2,493,635 times
Yes. Everyone has some fear of other races, as all animals do. Its natural...
Then there are civilized people that were brought up color blind, and I dont give a crap about your color, as its all about character..

10,815 posts, read 4,042,892 times
Racism is based on a theory that humans are split into a variety of separate "races". In fact, there in no biological basis for this type of thinking.

Unfortunately, we have mainstreamed this vile theory here in our country, as the Europeans have also. So now the false idea that there are different "races" of humans is taught in our public schools and mindlessly accepted by the masses without really any question or objection.

So to answer the question in the OP, the vast majority of Americans are racist, because they accept and believe that this vile and very wrong idea is correct.

Of course what confuses matters is that being a racist is regarded as a bad thing, so rather than accept the fact that nearly everyone in our society is a racist, some people have attempted to redefine it in a way that allows them to be excluded from being characterized in this way. Nevertheless, if you believe that humanity is split into different races, then you are a racist.

The idea that we are divided into different races based on variances in our skin pigmentation is patently absurd. There is only one race, the human race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
It is a childish game...a race to see who calls who racist first. Sort of like being in kindergarten. "You do it, no you did it, no you did it,etc.etc"

When some folk go on the racist rant (you know) I just think they degraded back to being children if they ever moved forward in their lives.

What did Kipling say? Whose burden?
What did Mutabaruka say?

Quote:
Not an insult. You posed a "Would I be......if" question, and I said you would be stupid if.

Except you did not say "IF" did you, lets see...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope no if...

Quote:
No, you are simply stupid, because appearance (and I have never seen anyone who fits the above description in toto, except maybe in a comedy skit) does not dictate or correlate with behavior.
Quote:
I could say the same thing to you............
Understandable you have no come back...

Quote:
I do. If I saw someone dressed like that I'd probably make him as a store detective............
Of course you do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or