U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 03:35 AM

10,824 posts, read 4,047,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If you deny the fact that there are racist people you are contributing to the problem, whether you, yourself, are not a racist and bigot.
Anyone who perpetuates this radically wrong and baseless ideology that that humans are dividable into different races based on their skin color is a racist. Unfortunately, what that means is that over 95% of our country is at least inadvertently racist.

Of course it is the racists that promote divisions and animosity between people based on the differences in their skin pigmentation that are the most egregious part of the problem. However, the problem of racism is not going to go away until people accept that this ideology is baseless and wrong and reject it as a wrong way of thinking.

So, yes there are racists, and unfortunately lots of them. However, there is only one race, the human race, and the idea that there are different races is based on a vile and false ideology that is commonly referred to as racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 03:37 AM

10,824 posts, read 4,047,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I hate when people use this term "people of color", it sounds so ignorant. A few months ago, I was watching CNN and that stupid woman, Ana Navarro, was talking to Don Lemmon and some other Black dude and she said, "We are all people of color".

So Hispanics are people of color? I have heard some some Hispanics call themselves "White Hispanics".
"People of color" as the term is used by the people who originated it are apparently everybody but European "whites". It is a fabricated divide contrived by a certain group of especially proactive racists in our society that they use to single out European "white" people in order to try to play off everyone else off against them. It is a manipulative and hostile concept without biological basis that only exists to help some people forward their own racist agendas.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,561,944 times
Everybody is not racist, but RACE is a factor in everything. To ignore its impact, is pure ignorance, only practiced by racists.

To pretend that racism doesn't exist, while practicing it, is pure ignorance. To try to ignore race in its entirely because your race benefits from the status quo, and has historically not had to face discrimination, is pure ignorance.

Today, to be a Conservative, is synonymous with being a racist.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:57 AM

11,809 posts, read 9,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why do I get called a racist, for telling the truth....

Disregard what I said earlier, some people took that to literal...."So if I say" is not the same as "when I say"...

Anyway, If I say, I don't like dread locks.....does that make me racist?
dreads aren't a person and anyone can wear them so no, it isn't racist.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:03 AM

11,809 posts, read 9,403,309 times
oh, and why are some of you so obsessed with Trayvon? Let it go.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:04 AM

9,958 posts, read 6,900,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusnexus View Post
everybody is not racist, but race is a factor in everything. To ignore its impact, is pure ignorance, only practiced by racists.

To pretend that racism doesn't exist, while practicing it, is pure ignorance. To try to ignore race in its entirely because your race benefits from the status quo, and has historically not had to face discrimination, is pure ignorance.

Today, to be a conservative, is synonymous with being a racist.
^^^^^this^^^^^^

Old 02-13-2015, 06:44 AM

2,004 posts, read 1,323,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
oh, and why are some of you so obsessed with Trayvon? Let it go.
Well, this thread is about racism, and the right wing's peddling their "TrAyvon the lean-loving black brute" is about as obvious an example of racism as you can get.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:41 AM

29,553 posts, read 16,518,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If you asked 100 people who are regulars on the POC forum if 'thug' is another word for Black teenager, I believe all 100 would agree (if they are honest). Of course, I suppose some won't admit that.
That is totally false. I have never heard the word "thug" used for black teenagers. Thugs are thugs regardless of their skin color. Thug refers to behavior, not skin color or age.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I hate when people use this term "people of color", it sounds so ignorant. A few months ago, I was watching CNN and that stupid woman, Ana Navarro, was talking to Don Lemmon and some other Black dude and she said, "We are all people of color".

So Hispanics are people of color? I have heard some some Hispanics call themselves "White Hispanics".
All humans are people of color. Have you ever met a colorless person?

Technically speaking, white is a reflection of all color bands and black is a reflection of none. So only a pure black person would NOT be a person of color.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Many people are guilty of stereotyping. That is not the same thing as racism, but it is a lazy thought process, it requires using logical fallacies, and though some stereotypes arise for a reason, people may resort to that rather than to bother with the hard work of looking deeper.
Like this one?

Originally Posted by Fox Terrier
"If you asked 100 people who are regulars on the POC forum if 'thug' is another word for Black teenager, I believe all 100 would agree (if they are honest). Of course, I suppose some won't admit that. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or