Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:44 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

Do you agree with this statement? I am not White, I am Lebanese/Italian ethnically, so I usually check Other when they ask me about my race.

I dislike racism and intolerance but when I take a look at my own actions, I am guilty of excluding people from a certain race based on my own experiences and stereotypes.

Heck, I have lost a job once because I used a "racist" term on the phone and it was total slip of the tongue, so when I hear especially White people say that they are not racist , even when they use racial slurs, trust me, I know what they mean.

I am not by any means trying to justify racism and exclusion as acceptable. I am sure I have had it done to me, even though I always give people the benefit of the doubt and I never buy into the whole race card/victim mentality BS.

So, do you think everybody is racist to a certain degree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 10:48 AM

46,285 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Maybe the title should be "Does the Truth" make you racist?

Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 AM

963 posts, read 689,656 times
Only whites are racist. Specifically whites of European descent. More specifically, Euro-whites who don't agree with *******s.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:59 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe the title should be "Does the Truth" make you racist?

It depends on whether the "truth" comes from a "snap shot" or from a "video". If one goes and captures a moment in time of people doing something, it no doubts contains TRUTHS about that moment it time. However, having the video in which one can see the events the led up to that moment in time is a much greater truth....as well as understanding.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:03 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Everyone discriminates or generalizes to some degree.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It depends on whether the "truth" comes from a "snap shot" or from a "video". If one goes and captures a moment in time of people doing something, it no doubts contains TRUTHS about that moment it time. However, having the video in which one can see the events the led up to that moment in time is a much greater truth....as well as understanding.

Yep, now, if I call someone a thug, because his pants are down around his a$$, hat sideways, gold chains hanging, am I racist, if so, why?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:16 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Yep, now, if I call someone a thug, because his pants are down around his a$$, hat sideways, gold chains hanging, am I racist, if so, why?
Yes, because as everyone knows (including you) the word 'thug' has become the new word for Black teenager. Can't use the other word anymore, so new words have to be made up.

Thug:
a brutal ruffian or assassin

How do you know if someone who wears gold chains and a sideways hat is really a thug?
Fashions come and go.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, because as everyone knows (including you) the word 'thug' has become the new word for Black teenager. Can't use the other word anymore, so new words have to be made up.

Thug:
a brutal ruffian or assassin

How do you know if someone who wears gold chains and a sideways hat is really a thug?
Fashions come and go.
LOL...that's what the media wants you to think...great job in following their agenda...and that the EXACT reason I used that scenario....

And you forgot the pants around their as$....

Thug | Define Thug at Dictionary.com

Thug - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't see COLOR in any of these definitions, glad you are conforming to the media...

Old 02-12-2015, 11:36 AM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
"Is everybody racist? "
Pretty much. If you turn it into the modern umbrella definition to include Ethnic group, Religous group, Nationality etc. that would be a resounding "Yes". Some Leftist would have you believe that only minorities can be Racist, but that is not the Definition of the word.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:39 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
The problem is, people tend to call someone a "thug", when they're wearing a suit and tie (eg. President Obama), or a hoodie in the rain in winter (eg. Trayvon Martin), or shorts and a t shirt in the summer(eg. nearly every black person in Ferguson,), or pants at their waist and a knit hat (eg. Common), or a football uniform (eg. Richard Sherman), because of their skin color. So it's likely best to use the term only if one knows that the person is a violent criminal. Otherwise, you'll simply end up sounding exactly like someone who believes in the Reconstruction-era "black brute" racial stereotype.

Is everyone racist? No. But some people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies