U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for somebody who doesn't have a degree?
Yes 153 72.51%
No 58 27.49%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 07:05 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,561,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
Education does not equal intelligence. More importantly, education does not mean you'd know about the world around you. Tell me how many "educated" people know the difference between Shia and Sunni, why Afghanistan is so strategically important, and why Russia is so worried about Ukraine. Lastly, education does not give you the emotional intelligence and fortitude to settle cabinet disputes, effectively communicate with other world leaders, and stand up to powerful factions in the military and CIA that may be trying to bully you into stupid and disastrous actions.
Great post.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:09 AM

4,194 posts, read 2,490,628 times
Well, this is how the Liberal owned media rolls. They go after everything they are scared of, thats why we haven't heard from Hildabeast in a while.
They went after Romney, good man good business person and a philanthropist. Went after Palin like never before seen in an election.
Walker has proven to his state he can fix fiscal problems. Our country has bigger fiscal issues, and the media(liberal owned) knows people like him are a threat to their gravy train.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:13 AM

29,496 posts, read 15,457,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't say a liberal arts degree. I said a liberal arts education.

History, art, languages, literature, music, philosophy...those things are highly important for cultured people. I don't want some rube for president that thinks a great Italian meal is to be had at Olive Garden like you.
Of course someone like you believes you have to have a formal education to be cultured.

I'm most certain that you're a lot like that chode from the bar scene in Goodwill Hunting. You probably memorize things to say at parties and such that you feel makes you sound superior.

I've been around your type. The guy who is always trying to one up everyone else, dropping names and strutting around like a rooster.

Let me point out how you're not cultured but just pretentious.

I don't particularly like Olive Garden, because I feel the flavor is somewhat bland; however, I am smart enough to know that flavor is a chemical reaction that varies from person to person. So what might not be a good flavor for me is a very good flavor to someone else due to their chemistry.

You don't even recognize this. You believe that the chemistry of flavor is about culture.

Can we hear some more wisdom from you?

Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 AM

24,034 posts, read 11,941,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't think I will. Governor Walker may have trouble being elected president for not having a degree.

Scott Walker has no college degree. Thatís normal for an American, but not a president. - The Washington Post
Obama got his degree by affirmative action. Not much difference there.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I would not vote for a President who doesn't have a degree.

With other positions, it would vary. I could vote for a 30 year deputy who has made Lieutenant for County Sheriff, for example, or my district's State Representative.

College essentially teaches one thing: how to think. While not all college graduates are deep thinkers, to gain a degree in anything requires more careful thought in the last 2 years of a bachelor's degree than high school graduation requires. Graduation is also a sign of perseverance and meeting challenges, mostly mental, successfully.
Any you think that's a good thing? I don't think I went to school with the idea of being brain washed.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:20 AM

4,194 posts, read 2,490,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Obama got his degree by affirmative action. Not much difference there.
LOL, yet we have no proof of his degree or grades, or where the finances came from to pay for said degrees..

Old 02-13-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As if we did not already know it, the lefties do not care very much for Scott Walker as a result of the very effective job he has done, under great duress and with tremendous public attention, as Governor of Wisconsin.

Apparently they will not be voting for Governor Walker in the 2016 presidential election. Shocker.

That's exactly what this is about, Liberals are afraid of Scott Walker.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 AM

6,910 posts, read 2,528,244 times
The two smartest computer/tech minds I've ever known have exactly 3 college classes between them. If I started my own consulting thing tomorrow, they'd be the first two people I'd try to hire.

My father retired as a millionaire at age 45. He lasted 3 semesters in college before dropping out.

Do I think people should be educated? Sure. I believe as Thomas Jefferson did in that from lawyer to seamstress, doctor to farm hand, we all need to know enough to stay informed and be the bulwark vs tyranny. But college is just one aspect of education, and it isn't nearly as awesome as academic elites love to think it is.

The two greatest presidents this country ever had are George Washington and Grover Cleveland. Neither had a college degree. We can judge them by their experience and accomplishments. Scott Walker is the one Republican I would actually vote for because I can judge his accomplishments, and standing resolute for 3 elections in 4 years, the WI state house being occupied by protestors, being a national villain for daring to stand up to public unions, etc...and he's survived it all and not given an inch. That's the moxie we want in the White House. He isn't perfect, far from it, but he's got moxie and he has the ability to tell the press, the other side, and anyone sassing him to go pound salt. In these global times, that's a good thing for our President to be capable of.

And let us not forget, all ye partisans and subscribers to academic L337 r0xx0rz...the Ivy League gave us Barack Obama and George W Bush. No matter which side of the aisle you happen to occupy, it's a virtual guarantee that you think at least one of those two is a total moron you wouldn't trust to run your kid's lemonade stand, and they both got undergrad and grad degrees from the Ivy League.

At this point, I'd take anyone who is equally disliked by the Democrats, the Republican Establishment and the media. Scott Walker and Rand Paul lead that field, but unlike Walker, Rand Paul is already beginning to soften his message, reach across the aisle, blah blah...making him another "I'll say whatever you want to hear if you'll vote for me" weasel. I want moxie. Walker has the most, Walker gets my vote, and his academic credentials are meaningless because I have all sorts of direct Chief Executive accomplishment to judge him on, because the job is not Chief Academic in Charge of All Libraries, but rather the national governor, and his record in Wisconsin as governor is awesome.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:37 AM

25,630 posts, read 30,443,351 times
Until candidates start releasing course work and grades regularly I don't really give a damn.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 AM

39,277 posts, read 20,371,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't think I will. Governor Walker may have trouble being elected president for not having a degree.

Scott Walker has no college degree. Thatís normal for an American, but not a president. - The Washington Post
Scanning channels, I saw MSNBC making fun of walker for not having a college degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or