U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for somebody who doesn't have a degree?
Yes 153 72.51%
No 58 27.49%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:20 PM

32,465 posts, read 26,332,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez...this is really how low we've set the bar for the chief executive of the country?

So long as they've finished HIGH SCHOOL, huh?

Good Lord.
would you vote for bill gates? how about dave thomas if here were still alive?

Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 PM

50,650 posts, read 26,726,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
the hell? lol...
Astonishing...ain't it? Lol

Old 02-13-2015, 01:35 PM

11,773 posts, read 9,382,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
would you vote for bill gates? how about dave thomas if here were still alive?
I would vote for Bill Gates to be President of my computer division..

then again, Windows 8 was horrible. No...

Just because a guy knows how to corner the market doesn't mean he knows how to run a country.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:49 PM

852 posts, read 930,130 times
Never saw the inside of a school of any kind:
Andrew Carnegie
Coco Chanel
Mary Kay Ash
Henry Ford

High School Drop Outs:
Richard Branson
Walt Disney
Simon Cowell
Kirk Kerkorian
Quentin Tarantino
Mike Hudack
David Karp
George Foreman
Carl Henry Lindner Jr
Vidal Sassoon

College Drop Outs:
Larry Ellison
Ted Turner
Ralph Lauren
Howard Hughes
Giorgio Armani
Jenny Craig
Rachel Ray
Steve Jobs
Bill Gates
Paul Allen
Michael Dell
Mark Zuckerberg

I'm pretty sure none of these folks were lazy, had no initiative or losers. Again, I'm ALL for education but you can't tell me you can't be successful without that piece of paper.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:52 PM

32,465 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I would vote for Bill Gates to be President of my computer division..

then again, Windows 8 was horrible. No...

Just because a guy knows how to corner the market doesn't mean he knows how to run a country.
gates built a small company into a billion dollar+ per year corporation, and made many of his employees millionaires. management principles apply to any company, or government management position. and do you really think that obama knows how to run a country? or carter?

Old 02-13-2015, 01:52 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,478,688 times
As long as they've applied themselves within some form of prior leadership and skills I wouldn't exactly have a problem.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
gates built a small company into a billion dollar+ per year corporation, and made many of his employees millionaires. management principles apply to any company, or government management position. and do you really think that obama knows how to run a country? or carter?
Obama has been running the country for 6 years and we haven't fallen into the ocean yet. Pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

I guess you would vote for Oprah or Rob Johnson as well..

Old 02-13-2015, 01:59 PM

Oprah winfrey for president!!!

Old 02-13-2015, 02:00 PM

8,085 posts, read 4,420,233 times
Same old, same old for the Dems. They just cannot imagine a conservative as worthy. Typical down their nose view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
This is the winner of the stupidest and most insulting post yet today. You do realize there are a TON of highly successful folks who didn't finish college or even high school right? Some folks aren't cut out for "formal education" but still go on to kicking ass and taking names in the business world. I happen to be one of those without a degree but have FAR surpassed my peers who have degrees, even those with PHD's. I loved college and did extremely well academically but I made a decision to take a different path for multiple reasons.

Obviously, I do not "lack initiative" and I most certainly planned for the long-term. What I did "put aside" was the time and the money it was taking to get my degree and instead used both to fast track my career. Doing this increased my "future gains" far more than I ever imagined or could have gained if I'd wasted my time and money to finish college instead of jumping on an amazing opportunity that presented itself at the time.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:05 PM

8,085 posts, read 4,420,233 times
As I and others have pointed out, numerous times, Wisconsin voters have had three chances to turn him out. They have not; as recently as three months ago. Academes, college students and unionistas can be noisey, at times souding larger than their numbers. Just noise. Sort of like a toddlers temper tantrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, hilarious! You realize that all three branches of wisconsin state government is republican, right? So, any little legislation that Walker or his buds think up will obviously pass, regardless if it's beneficial to the state. Now, how has he proven to be effectiv when all branches are holding each other's hands? That's what they call serving it up on a platter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or