U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for somebody who doesn't have a degree?
Yes 153 72.51%
No 58 27.49%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:24 PM

21,572 posts, read 11,631,561 times

Advertisements

These days, absolutely not. A President should have at least a Master's Degree IMO and academic honors.

This isn't 1840.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:28 PM

9,199 posts, read 7,066,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These days, absolutely not. A President should have at least a Master's Degree IMO and academic honors.

This isn't 1840.
Why? And in what?

(This is not snark. I'm genuinely interested in the answers).

Personally I think it matters greatly who the individual in question is, and what they've done in their lives.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:29 PM

22,360 posts, read 9,502,077 times
I would vote for a Bill Gates or Steve Jobs who did not have college degrees.

My problem with Scott Walker is he does not know if he believes in evolution. That is a big problem.

Have a feeling he will have more 'problems' coming up when he 'punts' and does not know what he believes, because he is afraid to say.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:31 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,470,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

My problem with Scott Walker is he does not know if he believes in evolution. That is a big problem.

Have a feeling he will have more 'problems' coming up when he 'punts' and does not know what he believes, because he is afraid to say.
What has government got to do with evolution, other than its (gov't) continual descent into chaos?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:31 PM

21,572 posts, read 11,631,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why? And in what?

(This is not snark. I'm genuinely interested in the answers).

Personally I think it matters greatly who the individual in question is, and what they've done in their lives.
I don't have a college degree, I dropped out after 2 years because I didn't have the patience and focus to finish. I just wanted to get on with my life. I know I still suffer from the same thing that kept me from getting a degree, ask me to read a contract end to end and I'll quit halfway through and start skimming through it. I make a living with my hands and I enjoy what I do, but I would never attempt to be an exec. Those guys have skills I don't have.

I want a guy who has proven skills in what a president has to do and the patience to think situations through without jumping to conclusions and acting impulsively, like I probably would in that job.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:36 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,566,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I wasn't aware that all receptionists were required to have a college degree?
lol, they're not. I work at a law, none of our receptionist have degrees. What do you major in college for a job that entails greeting visitors and answering the phone?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:40 PM

963 posts, read 576,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Good grief! What does THAT have to do with being the Chief Executive? Libs really do have a problem understanding what's important. I still remember those Allah-awful Clinton years where you insisted that BJs in the Oval Office were a private matter and hand nothing to do with his job. But the THEORY of Evolution is a "BIG" problem to you.

Admit it, he'd never be a possibility to you anyway. Your mission is to taint him so that old hag can slither and screech her way into the White House.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Good grief! What does THAT have to do with being the Chief Executive? Libs really do have a problem understanding what's important. I still remember those Allah-awful Clinton years where you insisted that BJs in the Oval Office were a private matter and hand nothing to do with his job. But the THEORY of Evolution is a "BIG" problem to you.

Admit it, he'd never be a possibility to you anyway. Your mission is to taint him so that old hag can slither and screech her way into the White House.
If I were to use the same assumptive logic that you use, here is my reply:

Ok, so you don't believe in science and you hate women.

Seriously--what does knowing what you believe have to do with being Executive in Chief? Everything.

And what, pray tell, are the "Allah-awful Clinton years?" Makes it easier to understand why you are willing to vote for someone who has no idea what he thinks.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:49 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,566,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

This isn't 1840.
George w bush has an MBA from Harvard, obama supposedly graduated from Harvard law school, and where has that gotten us?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
What has government got to do with evolution, other than its (gov't) continual descent into chaos?
I do not believe you understood my point. The guy does not know what he thinks about major events in the development of human civilization. I find that difficult to comprehend in the 21st century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or