U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Vote for somebody who doesn't have a degree?
Yes 153 72.51%
No 58 27.49%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2015, 04:58 PM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,279,937 times
Reputation: 10270

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Those are two very different things. Of course you don't want your doctor to not have the proper training, and the only way he gets that is through school and the internship and residency programs. A politician can learn about the world and how to run a government efficiently without finishing school or by being self-educated and surrounding himself with experts. No president goes into office being experts at the job, but they usually select qualified people as advisors to help them.
Unfortunately, our current resident at 1600 never learned anything.

 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,376 posts, read 19,647,599 times
Reputation: 7877
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Those are two very different things. Of course you don't want your doctor to not have the proper training, and the only way he gets that is through school and the internship and residency programs. A politician can learn about the world and how to run a government efficiently without finishing school or by being self-educated and surrounding himself with experts. No president goes into office being experts at the job, but they usually select qualified people as advisors to help them.
I don't want someone who is a quitter running our country.
 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,239,955 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't want someone who is a quitter running our country.
all other things being equal, I'd vote for the person who finished college over the drop-out.
 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,373 posts, read 20,146,331 times
Reputation: 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
all other things being equal, I'd vote for the person who finished college over the drop-out.
I think most would agree with you.
 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:16 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
7,182 posts, read 5,423,160 times
Reputation: 4170
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't think I will. Governor Walker may have trouble being elected president for not having a degree.

Scott Walker has no college degree. Thatís normal for an American, but not a president. - The Washington Post
I would not vote for a community organizer and probably not for a lawyer.
 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,239,955 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I would not vote for a community organizer
How about a United States Senator?
 
Old 02-14-2015, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,372 posts, read 13,893,246 times
Reputation: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Unfortunately, our current resident at 1600 never learned anything.
His fans claim 0bama is a Constitutional scholar, but he has violated the US Constitution
 
Old 02-14-2015, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,372 posts, read 13,893,246 times
Reputation: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
all other things being equal, I'd vote for the person who finished college over the drop-out.
I think it would depend on their accomplishments and experiences in life, their political and ideological views.
 
Old 02-14-2015, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Camberville
12,049 posts, read 16,786,314 times
Reputation: 19818
I would vote for someone without a college degree in the presidential elections if I agreed with his or her views. I would not vote for someone without a degree in the primaries. It would be a direct conflict of my values.

That said, there was no concern in me voting for Scott Walker anyway. The 4 Horses of the Apocalpyse would need to be riding down my street for that to occur.
 
Old 02-14-2015, 08:05 PM
 
Location: On the edge of the universe
994 posts, read 1,354,288 times
Reputation: 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't think I will. Governor Walker may have trouble being elected president for not having a degree.

Scott Walker has no college degree. Thatís normal for an American, but not a president. - The Washington Post
Well, most of the Presidents come across to me as being empty suits to begin with so Walker isn't exactly THAT far below the previous presidents/candidates.

For the record, Scott Walker is an Oompa Loompa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top