Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
just stop eating the ovarian issue from a bird's mating and urinating quarters.
it's not that difficult. i stopped 8 years ago.. haven't even thought about eating
one in years. when i smell one being cooked, it smells disgusting to me now, like
a fart.
You mad I'm eating a five egg omelette right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:44 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The issue isn't eggs or cholesterol. The controversy is the broader issue that "The science is settled," which is why it's being posted here.

“There’s been a shift of thinking..."

"The nation’s top nutrition advisory panel has decided to drop its caution about eating cholesterol-laden food, a move that could undo almost 40 years of government warnings about its consumption. The group’s finding that cholesterol in the diet need no longer be considered a “nutrient of concern” stands in contrast to the committee’s findings five years ago, the last time it convened. During those proceedings, as in previous years, the panel deemed the issue of excess cholesterol in the American diet a public health concern...“Looking back at the literature, we just couldn’t see the kind of science that would support dietary restrictions,” said Robert Eckel, the co-chair of the task force and a medical professor at the University of Colorado...The greater danger in this regard, these experts believe, lies not in products such as eggs, shrimp or lobster, which are high in cholesterol, but in too many servings of foods heavy with saturated fats, such as fatty meats, whole milk, and butter."

The U.S. government is poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol - The Washington Post

The article is very interesting in that it shows that despite minimal evidence, the inertia of "the science is settled" kept this going all of these years. There is a history of how this whole thing got started and was perpetuated in the article.

So, go have some lobster and/or some eggs and chew on what other scientific warnings might not be all that they're cracked up to be.

Thanks for posting this Thread and IMPORTANT Info.

These Educated Fools who destroyed REAL HEALTH in this nation for ALL these deceptive years, with their Ignorant Reports, science, etc., are not worthy of any attention.

I was not finding the Energy and vitality in my diet a few years ago, but Thankfully I was Blessed to come to the realization that I NEEDED to comsume Eggs, frequently.....and after digesting one serving of Scrambled Eggs, I was literally AMAZED how great I felt.

SERIOUSLY....Eggs are vital in a balanced Diet.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
The government makes their recommendations based on science...until 20 - 50 years later when some other scientists say "nevermind."

In the egg case, what came first, the government cholesterol guidelines or the fake eggs?
Government propaganda garbage report came first, OF COURSE.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Science has egg on its face.

e=g2

Old 02-13-2015, 01:02 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
.“Looking back at the literature, we just couldn’t see the kind of science that would support dietary restrictions,” said Robert Eckel, the co-chair of the task force and a medical professor at the University of Colorado...
let me get this right

people continue to analyze data, and they say "the data just doesn't support the warnings"

and suddenly that means you can ignore all of science? because, you know, in a thousand years we may figure out that sunlight is really alien **** or something?

seriously -

science is a continued step forward, and evidence mounts on a hypothesis (evolution for instance) over time. . or over time it crumbles (danger of silicon breast implants).

Old 02-13-2015, 01:09 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Eggs cause replication of viruses.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:59 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Eggs are not packaged in plastic.
Styrofoam is plastic.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
let me get this right

people continue to analyze data, and they say "the data just doesn't support the warnings"

and suddenly that means you can ignore all of science?
Did anyone suggest anything remotely like that?

Old 02-13-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Eggs cause replication of viruses.
On the extreme contrary; Eggs are dynamic for the body. The problem, as this Report reveals....Is and has been, with the Eggheads.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:41 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the "fake" eggs did. the way it was determined that eggs were bad for you was the government decided to find out why some soldiers had high cholesterol. so what they did was take eggs, powder them, just like they did for soldiers in the field, and then feed huge amounts of eggs to volunteers(as is usual far more than what people would normally eat), and then do the lab testing.

and since all the volunteers ended up with high cholesterol, it was deemed that eggs were bad for you. later on researchers found that most of the cholesterol was in the yokes, so egg whites became good again, but the yokes were still bad. eventually researchers found that when the eggs were powdered and then reconstituted, it did something to the cholesterol in the eggs when compared to real eggs.

but these things go in cycles, eggs bad. wait part of the egg good, part bad. eggs good. eggs bad again.

same thing with noodles, they started out bad for you, then they changed the name to pasta instead of spaghetti, and they became good for you. then they became bad for you again.

milk was good, then milk was bad, now nut based milk is good. in the end its all nuts.
Very informative. I learned something today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies