Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 04:38 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,797,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
gangraped while in the military by civilian men, on march 18, 1988 at 230 am.

if you think that only women can be raped, then you need to get a brain and redo your thinking.
My sincere condolences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 06:43 PM

15,832 posts, read 21,349,172 times
Would you let them drive you home in your car? If they're too drunk to drive, they're too drunk to have sex with. Not sure why that's so difficult.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,193,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
GregW: How drunk is too drunk to have sex?

Answer: When the penis will not stay erect.
Speak for yourself. Some of us don't have that problem.

Now, I think the thread's question is in regard to the female....

Old 02-14-2015, 07:28 PM

580 posts, read 448,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If I had a college age son right now, I would tell them not to even make eye contact with a female on campus, as in when walking around campus and approaching a girl, look straight down at the ground, do not make eye contact, do not say anything. In class, do not speak to a girl unless spoken to first, and restrict your answers to yes, no, name, rank and serial number.
You and your hypothetical college age son should know there are many points on the spectrum between walking around in a bubble, and rape:

[NOT RAPING] <-----------------------------------*-----------> [RAPING]

Why don't you teach your hypothetical son behavior that falls, oh, I don't know, somewhere around where the asterisk lies?

Old 02-14-2015, 07:31 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,797,582 times
Yeah because women are not as horny as guys. They go to parties only to drink and dance but no sex. yeah sure.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:33 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,369,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
You and your hypothetical college age son should know there are many points on the spectrum between walking around in a bubble, and rape:

[NOT RAPING] <-----------------------------------*-----------> [RAPING]

Why don't you teach your hypothetical son behavior that falls, oh, I don't know, somewhere around where the asterisk lies?
Because determining where that asterisk lies is done on a whim, with no consistent standards. Or worse, with double standards. If a woman has a few drinks and sleeps with a guy and then decides it's rape, according to at least some of these schools, yep, it's rape. Yet is a woman every charged with rape for sleeping with a guy that's had a few drinks?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,508,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow....let me give you an example of how nasty of a list you have there and how offensive it is to put forth a generalized list like that.

-If you screwed a guy at a party and your boyfriend is told about it, don't later claim you were raped.
-If you get a little too wild one night and screw multiple guys at a party but your sorority sisters find out, don't claim you were "drugged" and taken advantage of because you are embarassed.
-If you get pregnant from another guy, don't pretend it's your boyfriend or husbands and then have him find out years later.
-If a male teacher stops a group of "mean girls" from picking on another girl, don't claim he touched you inappropriately as revenge.

I've personally witnessed all of the above happen in my circle of friends and relatives, in no way would I try to create a list where all women should be instructed not to do the above as if it's common or "accepted". That would he evil and mysoginistic.

I've also had friends that have been raped.

This is a serious topic about where the line is with regards to consensual sex and intoxication.

Creating a list that directly implies that men need some sort of guidance not to rape is unbelievably offensive. If you don't agree, I think you should share that list with all of the men in your life, brothers, your dad, uncles, male children, friends....I'm hoping you see the point.
What are you so offended about? The list is straight forward. It's pretty easy to not rape a person yet so many neanderthals out there can't seem to get that. Do you disagree with that list?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,508,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Now why would you say something like that? It makes you seem small and mean. Be in the thread or stay out.
You mad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies