Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 10:16 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,161 times

Advertisements

Drunk sex on campus: Universities are struggling to determine when intoxicated sex becomes sexual assault.

So how do proponents of laws like CA's yes means yes determine consent while drunk? It's already against the law to have sex with someone against their will. I thought liberals didn't want government in their bedrooms? Please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 10:25 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
I like the military interpretation of it. If she's drunk and she's not your wife, don't have sex with her. When you're drunk you have given up your ability to fully consent to intercourse, so drunk sex is a form of sexual assault and is taken very seriously in the military, it should be common law. Though it's less common, the same should go for men, if he's drunk don't have sex with him, not necessarily because the woman is taking advantage of him, which can happen, but because drunk people do crazy and absurd things, and some form of assault may happen anyways.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:30 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
so only libs have sex when drunk?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:31 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I don't know, I have no idea what politics have to do with nonconsensual sex. Does the OP wish for the days when he could force himself on a woman, drunk or not?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Drunk sex on campus: Universities are struggling to determine when intoxicated sex becomes sexual assault.

So how do proponents of laws like CA's yes means yes determine consent while drunk? It's already against the law to have sex with someone against their will. I thought liberals didn't want government in their bedrooms? Please explain.
Why don't you just explain your opinion? Is every thread on this stupid site a question just for liberals?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Here are some simple guidelines for the OP:

How to Prevent Rape:

If a woman is drunk, don’t rape her.
If a woman is walking alone at night, don’t rape her.
If a women is drugged and unconscious, don’t rape her.
If a woman is wearing a short skirt, don’t rape her.
If a woman is jogging in a park at 5 am, don’t rape her.
If a woman looks like your ex-girlfriend you’re still hung up on, don’t rape her.
If a woman is asleep in her bed, don’t rape her.
If a woman is asleep in your bed, don’t rape her.
If a woman is doing her laundry, don’t rape her.
If a woman is in a coma, don’t rape her.
If a woman changes her mind in the middle of or about a particular activity, don’t rape her.
If a woman has repeatedly refused a certain activity, don’t rape her.
If a woman is not yet a woman, but a child, don’t rape her.
If your girlfriend or wife is not in the mood, don’t rape her.
If your step-daughter is watching TV, don’t rape her.
If you break into a house and find a woman there, don’t rape her.
If your friend thinks it’s okay to rape someone, tell him it’s not, and that he’s not your friend.
If your “friend” tells you he raped someone, report him to the police.
If your frat-brother or another guy at the party tells you there’s an unconscious woman upstairs and it’s your turn, don’t rape her, call the police and tell the guy he’s a rapist.
Tell your sons, god-sons, nephews, grandsons, sons of friends it’s not okay to rape someone.
Don’t tell your women friends how to be safe and avoid rape.
Don’t imply that she could have avoided it if she’d only done/not done x.
Don’t imply that it’s in any way her fault.
Don’t let silence imply agreement when someone tells you he “got some” with the drunk girl.

This has been a public service announcement for the OP and his ilk.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:47 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Don't be silly. If you think drunk sex is rape, at least have a proper response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't know, I have no idea what politics have to do with nonconsensual sex. Does the OP wish for the days when he could force himself on a woman, drunk or not?
Nope. I'm not sure why you would think that.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Don't be silly. If you think drunk sex is rape, at least have a proper response.

Nope. I'm not sure why you would think that.
Why would I think that? Because you seem to be offended by this bill. Why is that?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:49 AM

29 posts, read 37,662 times
I does seem a bit one sided.

If we heard about a man being felt up and groped while drunk...we wouldn't consider it
offensive, right? Think about it.

But a woman? In the same situation?
Shame, shame, shaaame!

There's def. a double-standard.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
My first time I was both drunk and stoned outta my mind, and this gal I'd just met took advantage of me.

I couldn't really consent, but she knew I wanted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies