Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:31 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,522,662 times

Advertisements

The economy is booming
Marijuana legislature is growing around the country
Ended the failure of the Iraq and Afghanistan war from the previous president
Eliminated Osama bin laden
Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry

Meanwhile the best the republicans can do is Jeb Bush. Lol just lol. There will not be another republican president until they manage to get with the times.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:33 PM

15,935 posts, read 12,214,095 times
I'm more a social libertarian. I want to ask people what Obama has done that is so bad.. usually the only answer I get was Obamacare. If he would end his term decriminalizing Marijuana federally he would probably go down as a pretty good president and get democratic votes for the next guy running in the process.

Shame these politicians are so blind or bought out by big pharma they can't see the writing on the wall when it comes to the issue of the war on drugs.

Anyways most of the stuff done in his term like the QE would have been done by a republican. Both pieces on the chessboard are controlled by the same players. It's good to have gridlock because both parties have their ideas of the way we should live our lives and start taking away rights when they get too much power. Contrary to popular opinion republicans do not really support individual freedom in a true libertarian fashion as a whole. They want it to be the 1950's.

If you want to make real change you have to do it on the state level. Laws to decriminalize marijuana and undo federal gun laws and give more gun freedom are all steps in the right direction. Often times the populace itself has to bring these issues to vote themselves via amendments because the politicians aren't getting the job done... they're too busy pandering the lowest common denominator...

Old 02-15-2015, 01:33 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,364,888 times
Yawn!!! Groveling sycophants. This subject is so over-done here.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:35 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,419,138 times
I'm kind of hoping they go for one of their psychos, like Ted Cruz. That would make for an interesting campaign.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:40 PM

10,815 posts, read 14,882,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I'm kind of hoping they go for one of their psychos, like Ted Cruz. That would make for an interesting campaign.
Ora right wing nut job that could never get elected like Ronald Reagan in 1980!

Oh I remember when Reagan got nominated, oh how we celebrated the certain second term of our dear President Jimmy Carter...

Old 02-15-2015, 01:44 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,401,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
The economy is booming

Meanwhile the best the republicans can do is Jeb Bush. Lol just lol. There will not be another republican president until they manage to get with the times.
Quote:
The economy is booming
not really...the economy is chugging along barely..and things like Obama new housing bust, Obamacare, new taxes, overregulating are keeping it down

Quote:
well....who outlawed hemp to begin with...the liberals.... and what are they allowing , ''''medical''' marijuana..... why not just make hemp legal again....not one liberal has put forth legislation to do so

Quote:
uhm...have you read the recent papers...he is INCREASING Afghanistan again...we are back in Iraq,..yemen is failing...Libya run by the muslim brotherhood, Egypt...and he just asked congress to declare war, just like bush did.....

Quote:
uhm...seal team 6 did that

Quote:
you call having Chrysler sold to the Italians, and GM closing us plants for Mexican plants, and GM still failing a turn around???

Old 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,075,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
The economy is booming

1) ok.
2) He was pretty against it not long ago. And the fact that legalization has happened in a few states has nothing to do with him.
3) I wouldn't say he ended the failure. He ended the war. The failure continues.
4) That was also a lot of military intelligence that's been around since at least Bush. Not saying that Obama had nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't say he really deserves all the credit.
5) That's not his job, or any president's job. If an industry is failing, the free market dictates there is a new need and should be replaced.

There won't be another Republican president? Are you serious? Meanwhile, congress is controlled by Republicans. Pretty sure that party is getting plenty of support. Granted, a lot of Democrat voters are younger and have less interest in elections that don't deal with the president. But to claim Republicans are dying out is inaccurate. People like Rand Paul gains support from moderates and undecided, being more of Libertarian than a Republican. He's even got liberals defending his cause, myself included.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:12 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,496,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not really...the economy is chugging along barely..and things like Obama new housing bust, Obamacare, new taxes, overregulating are keeping it down

well....who outlawed hemp to begin with...the liberals.... and what are they allowing , ''''medical''' marijuana..... why not just make hemp legal again....not one liberal has put forth legislation to do so

uhm...have you read the recent papers...he is INCREASING Afghanistan again...we are back in Iraq,..yemen is failing...Libya run by the muslim brotherhood, Egypt...and he just asked congress to declare war, just like bush did.....

uhm...seal team 6 did that

you call having Chrysler sold to the Italians, and GM closing us plants for Mexican plants, and GM still failing a turn around???

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:32 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,949,955 times
Where is the economy "booming"? I'd really like to know!

Old 02-15-2015, 02:48 PM

24,297 posts, read 17,018,578 times
"Under Obama" We have success? I don't know about that. Yes some good things have happened since he became President but I would be hesitant to say that they happened "under his watch". They just happen just as life goes on.

Politicians are politicians Dem. or Rep. they all lie but what bothers me most about Obama is that he promised us the most transparent administration ever and what he has given us is one scandal after another complete with inept cover ups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies